Bernie Sanders' 100% Tax:

"WAAAAAH, that poor guy doesn't pay taxes and I do - NO FAIR!!!!!"
dear, fairness matters in all things I'm afraid. If people don't have to pay taxes they will always vote for more taxes because the other guys pays for the welfare freebies they are getting. Its a formula for disaster.

Do you have the IQ to understand?

:itsok:

typical liberal without IQ for substantive response.

You're anything but a liberal.
dear, fairness matters in all things I'm afraid. If people don't have to pay taxes they will always vote for more taxes because the other guys pays for the welfare freebies they are getting. Its a formula for disaster.

You seem to have scratched the CD. Time to replace it?

typical liberal lacks IQ for substance so tries to change subject hoping to fool everyone

typical liberal lacks IQ for substance so tries to change subject hoping to fool everyone

In what respect do you consider yourself a liberal?

How many times do you intend to repeat this?

I, on the other hand, will be discussing the Sanders economic platform. Not with you, because you show no indication you'd understand what stock speculation - or anything, really - entails.

You will, however, serve as an excellent foil.

Now, post your little screed a fourth time, and wonder why no one takes you seriously.

No one should get a pass on taxes

If there is a tax on income then everyone should pay it.

Okay, let's talk cost effectiveness. How would you do it?

The system is already in place to collect income tax is it not? It would not cost any more than it does now the problem is all the give aways and deductions

In all honesty a flat tax is the only way to go IMO 10 to 12 % of every dollar earned from the first dollar to the last regardless of how it was earned

Okay, let's go with your flat tax notion:

JoeBlow earns $30,000 a year. You want to eliminate all of his deductions and tax him at a rate of 10%. So your take from him will be $3,000.

Apple posted quarterly revenue of $51.5 billion last year, so $51.5 billion x 4 = $206 billion, on which their tax rate was -0-. Again, you want to tax them at a flat rate of 10% to equal $20.6 billion a year.

How many JoeBlows would you have to tax to equal $20.6 billion? And which is faster, easier, and more cost effective?

That's just for starters. We can discuss what the two entities would do with the $3,000 or $20,600,000,000 if they weren't paying it in taxes. We can discuss the paperwork entailed. We can discuss the legislation required. Lots of fun conversations can come out of a "simple" and "across the board" flat tax.

It doesn't matter how many.

Tell me do poor people pay less tax on a gallon of gas than the rich?

No of course not every gallon is taxed regardless of who buys it or where they buy it

A dollar should be no different if there is going to be an income tax then every dollar earned no matter how or where should be taxed just like a gallon of gas

it is the only just way to tax anything

I'm not suggesting the dollar qua dollar changes in value.

My question to you is how many dollars you (assuming you ran the IRS) would be willing to spend in order to collect a dollar.

Bill Apple for $20.6 billion.

Or bill 6,877,777 JoeBlows for $3,000.

How many man-hours (at what hourly rate) would it take you to do the latter as opposed to the former?

In my observation, most RW "tax plans" are built on resentment, not reason.

It has nothing to do with RW or LW

There is already a mechanism in place to collect taxes so it would not cost any more than it does now in fact a flat tax would cost less much less

you have yet to tell me why a rich persons dollar should be taxed at a higher rate than a not so rich persons dollar

I, on the other hand, will be discussing the Sanders economic platform.

Sanders Platform: govt welfare programs are far bigger than ever and all I think of is making them far bigger still!! It worked so well in the USSR East Germany and Red China!!

Okay, let's talk cost effectiveness. How would you do it?

The system is already in place to collect income tax is it not? It would not cost any more than it does now the problem is all the give aways and deductions

In all honesty a flat tax is the only way to go IMO 10 to 12 % of every dollar earned from the first dollar to the last regardless of how it was earned

JoeBlow earns $30,000 a year. You want to eliminate all of his deductions and tax him at a rate of 10%. So your take from him will be $3,000.

Apple posted quarterly revenue of $51.5 billion last year, so $51.5 billion x 4 = $206 billion, on which their tax rate was -0-. Again, you want to tax them at a flat rate of 10% to equal $20.6 billion a year.

How many JoeBlows would you have to tax to equal $20.6 billion? And which is faster, easier, and more cost effective?

That's just for starters. We can discuss what the two entities would do with the $3,000 or $20,600,000,000 if they weren't paying it in taxes. We can discuss the paperwork entailed. We can discuss the legislation required. Lots of fun conversations can come out of a "simple" and "across the board" flat tax.

No of course not every gallon is taxed regardless of who buys it or where they buy it

A dollar should be no different if there is going to be an income tax then every dollar earned no matter how or where should be taxed just like a gallon of gas

My question to you is how many dollars you (assuming you ran the IRS) would be willing to spend in order to collect a dollar.

How many man-hours (at what hourly rate) would it take you to do the latter as opposed to the former?

There is already a mechanism in place to collect taxes so it would not cost any more than it does now in fact a flat tax would cost less much less

you have yet to tell me why a rich persons dollar should be taxed at a higher rate than a not so rich persons dollar

You've yet to show how your method is cost effective.

you think the current system is now with the bloated IRS and people needed to interpret the multi million word tax code?

Anything that simplifies the tax code will be more cost effective than the current system

you think the current system is now with the bloated IRS and people needed to interpret the multi million word tax code?

Anything that simplifies the tax code will be more cost effective than the current system

I'm asking you to show how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

I'm asking you to show how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

Why do you think it costs the government anything when a person fills out his 1040 and sends in a check or when a persons employer collects the tax and sends it in

I know I am responsible for paying my quarterly taxes it costs the government nothing when I write those checks so why would it cost anything for Apple to send in its quarterly payments?

Why do you think it costs the government anything when a person fills out his 1040 and sends in a check or when a persons employer collects the tax and sends it in
Is it your impression that it costs nothing?

Just as a reminder, we were not discussing the existing system, but your flat tax. How would you implement it?
I know I am responsible for paying my quarterly taxes it costs the government nothing when I write those checks so why would it cost anything for Apple to send in its quarterly payments?
What you don’t seem to get is that Apple pays NO INCOME TAX. Zero, zilch, nada, -0-. If you don’t understand that, this conversation is over.

Once you’ve grasped that, let’s get back to your flat tax. Kindly explain how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

you want to elimiinate the corporate tax for two reasons:

1) it is passed on like any cost to customers
2) it discourages efficiency making corps dodge and evade taxes rather than run their businesses at maximum efficiency against international competition.

Let me make it easy for you:

Here is a box with 20,600,000,000 pennies in it.

Here are 6,877,777 boxes. Each has three pennies in it.

Which is the easier way to collect 20,600,000,000 pennies?

2) it discourages efficiency making corps dodge and evade taxes rather than run their businesses at maximum efficiency against international competition.

Post it a third time.

Forum List

Back