Bernie Sanders' 100% Tax:

you think the current system is now with the bloated IRS and people needed to interpret the multi million word tax code?

Anything that simplifies the tax code will be more cost effective than the current system

I'm asking you to show how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

Why do you think it costs the government anything when a person fills out his 1040 and sends in a check or when a persons employer collects the tax and sends it in

I know I am responsible for paying my quarterly taxes it costs the government nothing when I write those checks so why would it cost anything for Apple to send in its quarterly payments?

Let me make it easy for you:

Here is a box with 20,600,000,000 pennies in it.

Here are 6,877,777 boxes. Each has three pennies in it.

Which is the easier way to collect 20,600,000,000 pennies?
you want to elimiinate the corporate tax for two reasons:

1) it is passed on like any cost to customers
2) it discourages efficiency making corps dodge and evade taxes rather than run their businesses at maximum efficiency against international competition.

Do you have the IQ to understand?

Post it a third time.

dear how will you learn if you are afraid to try? See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?? Find a conservative afraid to debate. What does that teach you??

I'm asking you to show how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

Why do you think it costs the government anything when a person fills out his 1040 and sends in a check or when a persons employer collects the tax and sends it in

I know I am responsible for paying my quarterly taxes it costs the government nothing when I write those checks so why would it cost anything for Apple to send in its quarterly payments?

2) it discourages efficiency making corps dodge and evade taxes rather than run their businesses at maximum efficiency against international competition.

Post it a third time.

dear how will you learn if you are afraid to try? See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?? Find a conservative afraid to debate. What does that teach you??

Not about the topic.

Post it a third time.

Not about the topic.

Post it a third time.

Not about the topic.

Post it again.

Is it your impression that it costs nothing?

Just as a reminder, we were not discussing the existing system, but your flat tax. How would you implement it?
What you don’t seem to get is that Apple pays NO INCOME TAX. Zero, zilch, nada, -0-. If you don’t understand that, this conversation is over.

Once you’ve grasped that, let’s get back to your flat tax. Kindly explain how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

Tell me how do you think the IRS collects taxes?
You seem to be under the impression that agents go door to door

The vast majority of income tax collection is done via electronic transfer so if we implemented a flat tax nothing would change except the amounts sent in so it would not cost any more to collect tax than it does now so it doesn't matter if apple sends its tax in and a million other people have it sent in by their employer. What does cost money is the current system where employers collect tax, send it in and then the government gives it all back to nearly 50% of all earners

And I understand perfectly well that some corps pay no tax but the flat tax eliminates that So it's you who doesn't seem to grasp the concept

Just as a reminder, we were not discussing the existing system, but your flat tax. How would you implement it?
What you don’t seem to get is that Apple pays NO INCOME TAX. Zero, zilch, nada, -0-. If you don’t understand that, this conversation is over.

Once you’ve grasped that, let’s get back to your flat tax. Kindly explain how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

The vast majority of income tax collection is done via electronic transfer so if we implemented a flat tax nothing would change except the amounts sent in so it would not cost any more to collect tax than it does now so it doesn't matter if apple sends its tax in and a million other people have it sent in by their employer. What does cost money is the current system where employers collect tax, send it in and then the government gives it all back to nearly 50% of all earners

And I understand perfectly well that some corps pay no tax but the flat tax eliminates that So it's you who doesn't seem to grasp the concept

Yes, I do know how income taxes are collected. But I still know that 1 is less than 6,877,777. I also know that not everyone (particularly someone below the poverty line) has access to a computer, and even those who do may not pay their taxes electronically. (I'm betting if you polled members here you'd find the tinfoil hat types won't use electronic filing because - oh, I don't know - they think the government can activate the chips in their brains if they do.)

And what do you think happens to those forms - either electronic or paper - when the IRS gets them? Do they file themselves? Does the revenue magically deposit itself in the IRS account?

Start at the beginning. How do tax forms reach the taxpayer? Do they send themselves out? You need people to do that. People who earn salaries that you, the taxpayer, pay them. One person can monitor Apple. How many people would you have to pay to track down everyone below the poverty line so you can squeeze a few bucks out of them?

The real issue here is that you, like most RWs, are terrified of upsetting the major corporations that provide you with such essentials as iPhones.

most RWs, are terrified of upsetting the major corporations that provide you with such essentials as iPhones.

too stupid and liberal by 1000% corporations provide our jobs, income, and the products that got us from the stone age to here. They are like the air we breath so you are 100% correct, we don't want to upset them but rather encourage them to do more of what they do so fewer and fewer on earth live in poverty and so the rest of us enjoy richer and richer lives.

How many people would you have to pay to track down everyone below the poverty line so you can squeeze a few bucks out of them?
1) corporate tax is stupid and liberal since tax is passed on to customers like any cost
2) a sales tax is most efficient

How many people would you have to pay to track down everyone below the poverty line so you can squeeze a few bucks out of them?
1) corporate tax is stupid and liberal since tax is passed on to customers like any cost

Another dupe who's happy to pay corporate America's taxes for them.
dear stupid liberal all corporate taxes or costs raise prices. Ever wonder why a Rolls Royce is priced higher than an apple?? A Rolls costs more to make!!

1+1=2

Another dupe who's happy to pay corporate America's taxes for them.
dear stupid liberal all corporate taxes or costs raise prices. Ever wonder why a Rolls Royce is priced higher than an apple?? A Rolls costs more to make!!

1+1=2

Than an apple? Tell that to the serpent.

Why would you agree to a flat tax system proposed by america's wealthiest?

Yes, I do know how income taxes are collected. But I still know that 1 is less than 6,877,777. I also know that not everyone (particularly someone below the poverty line) has access to a computer, and even those who do may not pay their taxes electronically. (I'm betting if you polled members here you'd find the tinfoil hat types won't use electronic filing because - oh, I don't know - they think the government can activate the chips in their brains if they do.)

And what do you think happens to those forms - either electronic or paper - when the IRS gets them? Do they file themselves? Does the revenue magically deposit itself in the IRS account?

Start at the beginning. How do tax forms reach the taxpayer? Do they send themselves out? You need people to do that. People who earn salaries that you, the taxpayer, pay them. One person can monitor Apple. How many people would you have to pay to track down everyone below the poverty line so you can squeeze a few bucks out of them?

The real issue here is that you, like most RWs, are terrified of upsetting the major corporations that provide you with such essentials as iPhones.

Don't own an i phone.

Where did I ever say corps should not pay taxes? I am saying ALL earned income should be taxed at the same rate just as every gallon of gas is taxed at the same rate regardless of who buys it.

Why do you think some people should not pay income tax?

Do you think some people should not pay the gas tax or any other federal tax as well?

If there is going to be an income tax then ALL income should be taxed not just some peoples' income

if you earn a dollar then you should pay tax on that dollar

It seems to me you want the individual income tax done away with and that's fine with me but you seem to think that taxing businesses will be able to replace all that lost revenue

It won't

Why wouldn't you agree to a tax system where every dollar no matter who earns it is taxed at the same rate?

Why is it that some dollars should not be taxed and others taxed at nearly 40%?

An earned dollar is the only commodity the we tax differently than any other, You don't get a different rate on any other federal taxes on gas, phones, cigarettes etc.

And why on earth would you want to keep a tax code that is so bloated we need to hire and army of federal employees just to figure it out?

Don't own an i phone.

Where did I ever say corps should not pay taxes? I am saying ALL earned income should be taxed at the same rate just as every gallon of gas is taxed at the same rate regardless of who buys it.

Do you think some people should not pay the gas tax or any other federal tax as well?

If there is going to be an income tax then ALL income should be taxed not just some peoples' income

It seems to me you want the individual income tax done away with and that's fine with me but you seem to think that taxing businesses will be able to replace all that lost revenue

It won't

No. I'm saying "start at the top; it's more cost effective."

Why wouldn't you agree to a tax system where every dollar no matter who earns it is taxed at the same rate?

An earned dollar is the only commodity the we tax differently than any other, You don't get a different rate on any other federal taxes on gas, phones, cigarettes etc.

And why on earth would you want to keep a tax code that is so bloated we need to hire and army of federal employees just to figure it out?

It would eliminate the progressive taxation system, without which, there never would have been a middle class. And don't worry about the very wealthy, since back when they paid 90%, they still had the big mansions, picassos, Rolls Royces etc.

It would eliminate the progressive taxation system, without which, there never would have been a middle class. And don't worry about the very wealthy, since back when they paid 90%, they still had the big mansions, picassos, Rolls Royces etc.
Even with the wealthy paying 90%, the workers didn't seem to do to well till after WW2. You should thank whatever god you pray to for FDR, who led us to the promised land.

Don't own an i phone.

It won't

No. I'm saying "start at the top; it's more cost effective."

Start with everyone across the board it's the only fair and equitable way. Collecting a flat tax will cost less than it does now

A 10-12 % flat tax wouldn't hurt the middle class

why should one earned dollar should be taxed more than another earned dollar?

We don't have multiple tax brackets for any other commodity that is taxed

Forum List

Back