Benghazi: Most people..just dont care! Give it up already.

What did you care more about this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Things dupes haven't heard:

1. Help arrived at the semi-consulate within 25 minutes.
2. 20+ other embassies were attacked before Bengazi the same day because of that video.
3. EVERYONE followed CIA info as it came out. No lies, no conspiracy...

Now the CIA has talking points? Pub dupe idiocy knows no bounds...change the channel.

Last edited:
What did the Obama Administration lie about? There was a terrorist attack on a US embassy in Egypt, four people including a US ambassador were killed, details surrounding the event are sketchy. This seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Not quite as cut and dried as you seem to think. First, it was not in Egypt, it was in Libya. Second, it was a consulate and not an embassy. Third, the event is not sketchy, and never was. Only the information given to the American people was sketchy and mostly misleading.

The real question is what else this administration has lied about, and what will they lie about in the future.

I don't think it's that people don't care, they just don't see an underlying crime. Nixon lied to cover up crimes. Where is the crime in this situation? Things get confused in the fog of war. People realize that and also know we have other more pressing things to worry about, like the deficit. That's what they'll judge Obama on, NOT Benghazi.

Nixon lied to cover up a burglary that members of his party committed to steal information from Democrat files. Information taken that was provided to the public was that Vice President candidate Eagleton had spent time in a mental institution. The method of getting this information was wrong and should be punished. Hiding the information from the public was also wrong as we should have such information when deciding such and important position.

I think the writer was right in that most people don't care. Lying to the public is serious and should have consequences. Preventing the rescue of Americans to coverup looking bad before an election is murder and a crime. Many of us care about that.

They begged for increased security three times and three times they were denied and now they are dead and obama is lying to you and you don't give a shit about any of it. Got it. Dumbass.

I care, you tried to make it a political football right from the start and I am telling you Americans aren't interested because to them it is Repubs and standard operating procedure. Politicizing everything, even a tragedy like this.

Not me asswarp. Obama tried to cover it up for political reasons. Take your head out of your ass for a change.

Cover what up? What crime was committed?

To get this President to utter the word terorrists or terrorist act, is like pulling teeth!!!

... and then sending out that disgrace of a woman Susan Rice, to lie with no shame....

Not good!

Still waiting for an exact quote or a link to a transcript where the lie was told.

Benghazi. Maybe Im off, but it just seems that most people just DONT CARE!

The far right is trying desperately to push this as the downfall of Obama.

I dont know what really did or didn't happen, or even the latest updates. Why? Because I honestly...like most Americans...just dont give a shit that much about it. We shouldn't be in those shitholes anyway.

I can honestly say I care more about what happens this weekend in college football than what happened in Benghazi. Fox has even termed it "Benghazi-Gate".

Give it up. It aint stickin'.
Watching FOX news at the bar last nite...one patron who sits there and drinks and insists one TV be on FOX....they were trying SOOOOO hard to make this another Watergate.

We know embassies get attacked dude. But did the presidents do a cover-up, lie about and let their men die? Thats the goddamn question of the day, ey?

You mean did he call it a terrorist attack the very next day?
Yup.

Go back to looking for a long form birth certificate or DNA test or whatever the heck you want. You've used up any credibility you may once have had by crying wolf for four years NONSTOP.

wow....good one........ you're a useful idiot.

I dont know what really did or didn't happen, or even the latest updates. Why? Because I honestly...like most Americans...just dont give a shit that much about it. We shouldn't be in those shitholes anyway.

I can honestly say I care more about what happens this weekend in college football than what happened in Benghazi. Fox has even termed it "Benghazi-Gate".

Here's the problem..we know Obama is a liar, a cheat and arrogant dick.
And this Benghazi issue IS worse then Watergate because they LIED and Nixon resigned because HE was going to be impeached because he lied!

So are we going to hold GOP to higher Standards then Democrats?

If so one more step closer to hell!
Your shrill whining over something that was an unfortunate incident is rather sad. Please don't burst a blood vessel over it.

Watching FOX news at the bar last nite...one patron who sits there and drinks and insists one TV be on FOX....they were trying SOOOOO hard to make this another Watergate.

It isn't working.

Not only that but there's been embassy attacks under virtually every American President since the beginning of the 20th century. This stuff happens and there's actually been less attacks on embassies under Obama than under Bush or Clinton. Yes it's a tragedy and yes we need to know what happened. But once it got thrown in the right wing spin machine, the majority of the country just tuned out.

THERE is the issue in a nutshell.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome.

Yep.....it has been to the point for a while that most people in this country (not all, but most) start tuning the hysterical outrages out after awhile. Who can tell the difference between serious issues and Mustardgate and Beergate type issues anymore when it comes to the Rightwing propaganda machine?

To get this President to utter the word terorrists or terrorist act, is like pulling teeth!!!

... and then sending out that disgrace of a woman Susan Rice, to lie with no shame....

Not good!

Still waiting for an exact quote or a link to a transcript where the lie was told.

...let's put it this way

The truth about the event was omitted! Left out intentionally!

Does that sit better with you? The facts remains the same :rolleyes:

Nixon didn't get anyone killed-- then lie about it

We know embassies get attacked dude. But did the presidents do a cover-up, lie about and let their men die? Thats the goddamn question of the day, ey?

You mean did he call it a terrorist attack the very next day?
Yup.

Go back to looking for a long form birth certificate or DNA test or whatever the heck you want. You've used up any credibility you may once have had by crying wolf for four years NONSTOP.

That was not the question. And no, he didnt call it a terrorist attack. I think he said it was terrorists that did it. I might be wrong, but if I am, please provide proof

Oh...let's impeach him over that.

Nixon didn't get anyone killed-- then lie about it

Nixon lied to cover up crimes. Where's the crime here?

Not good!

...let's put it this way

So....no lie. Gotcha. (Are you a person who believes the Government should tell us everything? Even when sensitive situations are still on-going?)

I think the more accurate statement would be most Obama supporters don't care and the media which also falls under the category of Obama supporters did not care until the sex angle came into play the rest of care about why the ambassador was hung out dry security wise.

Maybe the way it was stated is a little insensitive but he's right. People aren't interested and even worse, they aren't asigning blame. You all should let it run it's course because Americans really don't like the way Repubs just hate the president and personally attack him and his family.

A little plain speaking is probably in order.

Prior to the election, Benghazi represented an opportunity for conservatives to add what they perceived as one more electoral negative for Obama. I'm sorry to say that I don't think that conservatives really cared about the Ambassador or the other three men who died. They're merely part of the effort of what conservatives' viewed to be the greater good of getting Obama out of office.

But Obama <gasp> won reelection.

And now we're entering phase II, last seen after Clinton won reelection. Conservatives have now mentally shifted to impeachment as a way of getting rid of Obama just the way they did after Clinton won reelection. And since Obama doesn't seem to have the well-known personal failings of Clinton, Benghazi has now risen in their minds to an impeachable offense because they're trying to create the impression of an Obama governmental coverup.

Ironically, the general public isn't likely to buy into this theory, even if it WAS true (which I seriously doubt), because they well remember both the recent past and what happened during the Clinton years. The public tried to make it clear in '98 and '99 that they didn't want Clinton impeached. But even Clinton's 60%+ approval ratings didn't dissuade House Republicans led by Tom DeLay. I seriously doubt that Americans plan on reliving this chapter of our history if it can be helped. But I don't expect Republicans to give a damn what the public wants.

Last edited:

...let's put it this way

So....no lie. Gotcha. (Are you a person who believes the Government should tell us everything? Even when sensitive situations are still on-going?)

But this Administration doesn't tell the truth of what really happened even to Congress ... or the Senate ....it's a total clam-up! It's almost unbelievable!

Forum List

Back