Ben Carson For President

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
"I would tell the President that he has the chance to engineer one of the best presidencies ever if he stops the war on America." When Laura asks whether the President understands economics and free market capitalism, Carson replies, "I don't think he believes it [capitalism]...I think he has more of an interest in redistributing wealth, but everyone who has tried to do that has failed." -- Ben Carson

His eloquent defense of free market capitalism and American exceptionaism at the prayer breakfast caught my attention. His speech at CPAC and now this

his historically failed ideas are still not popular with the American voters

He should stick to what he is good at. Which isn't politics or religion

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "God Wants a Flat Tax"

He is sticking to what he's good at....which IS politics and religion! You're just upset because he's black and conservatives really like him :) ..

He's a fine neurosurgeon from what I understand. Obviously his understanding of the separation between civil and ecclesiastical law, is ridiculously lacking, as is his knowledge of the Bible (see link) :eusa_hand:

Did you hear his idiotic health savings account idea ? But he told some good jokes/anecdotes.

It empowers people to take care of themselves, so of course "Progressives" will hate it

Who takes care of these savings accounts? and who puts the money in for the people who can't afford healthcare.

The government is not the only one who can take care of things.. you progressives forget that you can take care of things YOURSELF....

And if you can't afford catastrophic insurance, WORK more, earn more, do what you have to... and if you are a really bad spot, THAT IS WHAT VOLUNTARY CHARITIES ARE FOR... but government, nor society, nor anyone else is there to provide your 'healthcare' if you have the sniffles, a scraped knee, a broken finger, a UTI, or whatever.... THAT IS ON YOU...

If you cannot take care of yourself (because you are mentally incompetent and physically impaired without having any family to help) then you are a ward of the state.... but the VAST majority of people on assistance can do something to earn a living and take care of themselves.. they just CHOOSE not to do everything it takes... 'it is HARD' boo hoo hoo

He should stick to what he is good at. Which isn't politics or religion

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "God Wants a Flat Tax"

He is sticking to what he's good at....which IS politics and religion! You're just upset because he's black and conservatives really like him :) ..

He's a fine neurosurgeon from what I understand. Obviously his understanding of the separation between civil and ecclesiastical law, is ridiculously lacking, as is his knowledge of the Bible (see link) :eusa_hand:

So where was he wrong about the Bible? I think we do need a flat tax....NO loopholes either for anyone. In the Bible they all paid the same percentage to the tax collectors, so how do you know God doesn't want this?

Did you hear his idiotic health savings account idea ? But he told some good jokes/anecdotes.

It empowers people to take care of themselves, so of course "Progressives" will hate it

Who takes care of these savings accounts? and who puts the money in for the people who can't afford healthcare.

You take care of it!

Holy crap!!!

Are you incapable of taking care of yourself????????

My wife has a health savings plan. I got the big C last year and it didnt cost us a cent.
It's a great idea. Imagine if you had put monies into a plan that started when you were 16.
You would have a shitload of cash by the time you reached 40. And if you were to die without using it say in a car accident? It would then go to your significant other or closest family member.
The biggest problem with this plan would be stopping our gov from stealing the cash.

So where was he wrong about the Bible? I think we do need a flat tax....NO loopholes either for anyone. In the Bible they all paid the same percentage to the tax collectors, so how do you know God doesn't want this?

A) The Bible belongs to ecclesiastical law, not civil. A better basis for our tax code might be the original capitalist economist:

"It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."
-- Adam Smith; from 'Wealth of Nations' Book V, Chap. II, paragraph 59

B) If one thinks that biblical notions of what god thinks is fair is to be held above what capitalist economists think, that is a very slippery slope indeed; for if laws given through an intermediary between God and the people are authoritative over our civil laws and policy, how much more must be the direct guidance of Holy Spirit, as the early Christian Church is said to have been under:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." -- Acts 4:32-35

This is how desperate we have become. Anyone with an ounce of common sense and the courage to speak out should be president. We should all be Ben Carson. We used to be Ben Carson. Go back 20 years and what Ben Carson says would not be unusual at all.

The government is not the only one who can take care of things.. you progressives forget that you can take care of things YOURSELF....

And if you can't afford catastrophic insurance, WORK more, earn more, do what you have to... and if you are a really bad spot, THAT IS WHAT VOLUNTARY CHARITIES ARE FOR... but government, nor society, nor anyone else is there to provide your 'healthcare' if you have the sniffles, a scraped knee, a broken finger, a UTI, or whatever.... THAT IS ON YOU...

If you cannot take care of yourself (because you are mentally incompetent and physically impaired without having any family to help) then you are a ward of the state.... but the VAST majority of people on assistance can do something to earn a living and take care of themselves.. they just CHOOSE not to do everything it takes... 'it is HARD' boo hoo hoo

So I assume you think the bank should hold this health savings account. And by on assistance you mean the Banker /Corporate welfare system and the people that work for them?

I wonder how many decades the republicans will keep the same historically failed ideas as platform?

Forum List

Back