Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?

Sorry I'm late for dinner ... has the ethics of killing people and trying to bring them back to life in order to ask them about the experience been sorted out? ... and should we trust any university that allows this kind of research? ...

Faith gets you into Heaven, not science ...

And if heaven doesn't exist what good was your faith?

A North going Zax collides with one going South head on. Each has m/2 mass and travels at c. Which Zax came from "the outside universe"?
Take the Tachyon Ticket

A collision reduces the speeds involved; it doesn't add them up. Or at least it doesn't multiply them. Besides, only light has the speed of c (from celeritas, as in accelerate).

(In fission, what happens to the Strong Force that had kept the atom from splitting? Where does it go back to?)

So, c² must be the maximum velocity in the Mother Universe. Fission must open a portal to that. A portal that we could send light-images through at a speed of a light-year every three minutes underlying our universe and returning to our world at a portal farther away than we can ever reach otherwise. At the present highest speed we can attain, it would take 30,000 years to reach the nearest star. At c², it would take 12 minutes.

And if heaven doesn't exist what good was your faith?

"Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

If this cannot be tested in the laboratory ... then it's not science ... I'm not going to try and explain faith to the faithless ... you don't want to understand, so you won't ... for good or ill, this thread is in the science forum ...

"Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

If this cannot be tested in the laboratory ... then it's not science ... I'm not going to try and explain faith to the faithless ... you don't want to understand, so you won't ... for good or ill, this thread is in the science forum ...
Why do you think faith is complicated? It isn't. We understand faith perfectly well.

Why do you think faith is complicated? It isn't. We understand faith perfectly well.

Nice strawman ... it's a shame you can't read ... I never said faith was complicated, you have an over active imagination is seems ...

Of course you understand faith ... you have faith in tensor calculus don't you? ... well, neither one of us can integrate across a field, now can we? ... that doesn't mean gravity doesn't work, just you and I don't completely understand gravity ... however, there IS an explanation ... just the two of us aren't educated enough to understand the explanation ... our faith is just a path to enlightenment ...

In religion, there is no explanation, no end to the path ... here we must have blind faith ... that's actually prohibited in science ... and the afterlife is strictly blind faith, something science can't address ...

Remember, Christians live twice ... Heaven is after one is 'reborn' ... i.e. here and now, "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." ... woe is he who waiteth for the coming of our Lord ...

I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

1: Stephen Hawking

Dogs have masters, cats have staff. :p

If you really want to see some exciting stuff about "matter", look up Monika Schleier at Stanford.

She not only creates matter "here", she creates it "over there" by manipulating conditions "here".

This is why I have no patience for know it alls like Chem Engineer.

Einstein called this stuff "spooky", and I'm sure it was, for him.

Study Landau. Study Kuramoto. "Action at a distance". They show you how it's done.

Neuroscientists like me have been all over this stuff for at least 20 years. Gardner transitions are old hat by now.

Kuramoto describes how a random event in a well known location can create structure "elsewhere" in both time and space.

If you really want to see some exciting stuff about "matter", look up Monika Schleier at Stanford.

She not only creates matter "here", she creates it "over there" by manipulating conditions "here".

Study Landau. Study Kuramoto. "Action at a distance". They show you how it's done.

Neuroscientists like me have been all over this stuff for at least 20 years. Gardner transitions are old hat by now.

Kuramoto describes how a random event in a well known location can create structure "elsewhere" in both time and space.
Many papers. Which action at a distance study is prominent for you?

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

Do you argue with that?
Link?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Read the OP, then stfu. Yet another Troll acting like they're really interested in anything of any value.
Dipshit, where's the link that the experiment was repeated with success? Have you thought about going back to school to learn more about the non-existence of god? This thread can be your school.

If faith was perfectly understood, knowledge would not now be replacing it planetwide. The stats contradict your claim, otherwise religion would follow its pathological evolutionary trajectory, which ends with totalitarianism.

I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

1: Stephen Hawking
If Christianity gave rise to modern science, how can it be religion v science?

Forum List

Back