Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?

No.
Neither was the guy who wrote Exodus
I also wasn't there when a lady was turned to salt, a tower to the heavens was built, or the Nile turned to blood.
Then again, neither was anyone else.

'Tis the nature of myth.

Somebody was there and they wrote it down or passed it along.

Do you believe your great great great grandfather is really your great great great grandfather ? Or is he a myth too ? Maybe you were formed in a petrie dish.

Do you believe your great great great grandfather is really your great great great grandfather ? Or is he a myth too ? Maybe you were formed in a petrie dish.
That's a pretty dumb thing to say, since we know how humans are Conceived and born.

As it turns out, it can be deduced. We do t have to "be there" to know it's a myth. To know that resurrection can't happen, for example.

Only if your thinking is limited.

But since you've been all over the universe and been unable to find God, you are now an authority.

Sorry, but myth claim is no stronger than the claim of those who believe.

That's a pretty dumb thing to say, since we know how humans are Conceived and born.

You really are getting boring.

Someone shows you a picture and tells you it is your great great great grandfather....do you believe them ? Probably. You never met him, never talked to him, have not knowledge other than what someone told you.

As for how they are conceived and born....that is all you know. You don't know every way it could happen.

But again, you really need those glasses as my estimate of 2 miles over your head was way to generous.

You really are getting boring.

Someone shows you a picture and tells you it is your great great great grandfather....do you believe them ? Probably. You never met him, never talked to him, have not knowledge other than what someone told you.

As for how they are conceived and born....that is all you know. You don't know every way it could happen.

But again, you really need those glasses as my estimate of 2 miles over your head was way to generous.
Stupid analogy.

We can deduce that I definitely had a great great grandfather.

That's the correct analogy.

Dumb red herring ignored.

Stupid analogy.

We can deduce that I definitely had a great great grandfather.

That's the correct analogy.

Dumb red herring ignored.

Yes, you did......miss the point again.

You probably had one. But was he the one that you were told you had ?

Maybe it was someone totally different. You are completely beholden to what you are shown and told.

It's up to you to decide what to believe.

Red Herring....you learn a new phrase today ?

No, sorry. Reason has objective rules. And you aren't going to whine and put words in "Just the right order" to change that.

Yes you are sorry. And if it has objective rules, you fail to follow them.

You claims of whining are just your way of saying you can't do any better.

BTW: What was the title of this thread again ?

Those statements are based on a hypothetical scenario that has not yet been proven or verified. As of now, the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs from nothing is a theoretical concept that has not been experimentally confirmed.

The Schwinger effect, proposed by Julian Schwinger, suggests that under extremely strong electric fields, particle-antiparticle pairs can be spontaneously created from the vacuum. While research in this area continues, there is still much to learn and confirm before such claims can be considered as scientific facts.

In terms of this formula here : E = mc^2 , everything exists in a form of matter or energy. That means anything cannot be created by nothing. Yes, nothing can be created by nothing. Right, anything must be created by something. Energy can turn into mass and vice versa.

However, in extra or higher dimensions where God probably exists, the physical laws may break down! lol. 😁😁😁

another one who has trouble with reading and comprehension?

go back to the OP (post #1), and try to grasp the meanings of the words.

in extra or higher dimensions where God probably exists

Here's a higher dimension for you.

5th ave shoot Uncle Sam Putin.JPG

You believe someone was there at Genesis watching God create everything BEFORE there was anyone to see God create everything?

Maybe you should rethink your position?

I can prove using science that the man who was my grandfather was, in fact, my grandfather or not.

NOTHIBG in your mythology can be proven nor does it make logical sense.

Maybe you should rethink your position?

I think you should avoid giving advice to others.
You believe someone was there at Genesis watching God create everything BEFORE there was anyone to see God create everything?

First, let's be clear....this is what I believe. The very definition of faith includes a belief in things not seen (and by default.....not provable using what is available to us today). So was someone there watching God create everything. Yes, God. We BELIEVE he transfered that information to somone who wrote it down and handed it down. There was no videotape of the event.

I can prove using science that the man who was my grandfather was, in fact, my grandfather or not.

First we are talking about your great great great grandfather.

Your claim is generally true that you could through science show him to be your great grandfather.

But that science is only recent.

Which means that 70 years ago, people could not do that and had to accept what they were told on faith. And that was only if you had access to his body. If he was lost on a submarine that sank, you could not prove it.

The point being that is true of many things. I've been to China and Korea, but I've never been to South Africa. I accept it exists based on secondary evidence.

NOTHIBG in your mythology can be proven nor does it make logical sense.

And again we come back to the same points as before.

1. Who gets to determine the burden of proof. We each have our thresholds and we adhere to them as we see fit.
2. I have never claimed that I can prove that God exists or that the bible is true.
3. What I have stated is that you can't say it could not happen. We, as the specks we are, don't know much about anything and there is the possibility that greater beings exist that could do the things the bible calls out. For someone to claim otherwise is to claim that they know everything there is to know about the cosmos.....which, of course, is stupid.
4. And "logical sense" begs the question.....whose logic ? I simply don't see how anyone with an ounce of humilty would make that claim as a general rule.

But no energy to create the spontaneous generation of the paticle/antiparticle pairs, which occurs all the time in empty space.
Vacuuminium

Can someone swim in an empty pool? For the same reason, there is no emptiness except beyond where this universe has reached.

This is from an analogy with the fact that there is no empty container. It is filled with air. Going deeper into that observation, if the air is pumped out, creating a vacuum, it is still full of space. Or else it would collapse.

Forum List

Back