Being responsible and what it means (crazy I know)

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Bush screwed the economy up....gotcha....point conceded.

Obama has had nearly 3 years to enact the policies needed to get this ship on track. In fact he had 2 years unopposed. Yet here we are...........

6th worst one day drop in the history of the stock market
First time in US history to have our credit downgraded
3rd largest entitlement created in US history
Complete gridlock in Congress
Going on tax payer funded tours of America (to battleground states no less)
New wars
Nearly all of his original cabinet has left
The VERY SMALL amount of Tea Party congressmen/women have somehow derailed him even though they constitute an even smaller minority that the democratic minority
And he blames everything from other countries to atm machines. Give me a break

When do we get beyond Bush and the Tea Party and work on the problems of our nation? He is the most backward looking potus in US history.

Bush is partially responsible. So is the congress - the democrat led congress. Both parties are responsible. The banking industry is responsible. And... we, the people are responsible. Plenty of blame to go around. Decade after decade of incompetent, partisan politics, corporate greed and stupid people spending money they could not afford to pay back.

Yet where did all the acrimony begin? Was it because of the disputed election in 2000? Was it during Clinton's reign? Or did it begin when Reagan dominated the scene in the 80's? There has always been dissension in politics but the moderates of both parties were able to compromise and work together. Now all the moderates are being eliminated or marginalized by the fringe members of their parties. It is like the residents of an insane asylum are running the asylum and the staff hiding and locking themselves in their offices.

• Banned
Yet where did all the acrimony begin? Was it because of the disputed election in 2000? Was it during Clinton's reign? Or did it begin when Reagan dominated the scene in the 80's? There has always been dissension in politics but the moderates of both parties were able to compromise and work together. Now all the moderates are being eliminated or marginalized by the fringe members of their parties. It is like the residents of an insane asylum are running the asylum and the staff hiding and locking themselves in their offices.

Thats not really the point of my topic but ill respond. You have the "fringe" left in the whitehouse hiding behind his shitty advisors so maybe you got a point.

And I dont consider the TP fringe. Fringe elements are usually found with a social agenda at the top of their too do list.

Obama has had nearly 3 years to enact the policies needed to get this ship on track. In fact he had 2 years unopposed. Yet here we are...........

New wars
The VERY SMALL amount of Tea Party congressmen/women have somehow derailed him even though they constitute an even smaller minority that the democratic minority

When do we get beyond Bush and the Tea Party and work on the problems of our nation? He is the most backward looking potus in US history.

Just a few more regulations and were there. I believe the count still coming is in the neighborhood of 1500

Bush is partially responsible. So is the congress - the democrat led congress. Both parties are responsible. The banking industry is responsible. And... we, the people are responsible. Plenty of blame to go around. Decade after decade of incompetent, partisan politics, corporate greed and stupid people spending money they could not afford to pay back.

Bush was responsible for his out of line congress.

I was never able to blame the man for not exercising his veto power...

A real patriot would never violate the democratic process.

Foolishly he established the Patriot Act and he foolishly believed the order would be used responsibly.

Sadly progressives pounced on it and used it for their own authoritarian reasons.

I bet Bush is thinking these days "and you hated me."

New wars

Just a few more regulations and were there. I believe the count still coming is in the neighborhood of 1500

1. Alexis de Tocqueville, writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.” It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

2. Tocqueville foresaw the effects of the web of regulations of the administrative state:

Moreover, “after having taken each individual in this fashion by turns into its powerful hands, and after having kneaded him in accord with its desires, the sovereign extends its arms about the society as a whole; it covers its surface with a network of petty regulations—complicated, minute, and uniform—through which even the most original minds and the most vigorous souls know not how to make their way past the crowd and emerge into the light of day. It does not break wills; it softens them, bends them, and directs them; rarely does it force one to act, but it constantly opposes itself to one’s acting on one’s own; it does not destroy; it prevents things from being born; it does not tyrannize, it gets in the way, it curtails, it enervates, it extinguishes, it stupefies, and finally it reduces each nation to nothing more than a herd of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."

• Banned

Foolishly he established the Patriot Act and he foolishly believed the order would be used responsibly.

Sadly progressives pounced on it and used it for their own authoritarian reasons.

Weve had billboards pop up once and awhile here in KC that have his picture on them and the words

"miss me yet?"

• Banned
I guess the lefties got no excuse for these issues. I will take that as a silent admission of failure on Obamas policies.

The debt ceiling bill had bipartisan support, the TPers on the right mostly voted against it and so did the far left. But it passed anyway, so why don't we stop catering to the fringe elements are find solutions that the middle of both parties can support?

Look - those new TP repubs have to run for re-election next year on their record like everyone else. If all they did was vote no even on bills that were popular to most people, then aren't they putting their own political futures at risk? I'm thinking the diehard factions within the TPs may be losing some support from the more moderate folks who want action. Not every TPer was against raising the debt ceiling and not everyone of 'em is against tax reform either. So stop obsessing with them and get everyone else to working on agreements until the next election at least.

Weve had billboards pop up once and awhile here in KC that have his picture on them and the words

"miss me yet?"

I bet you do miss him as do I...

our present "tar baby" is retarded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back