Being "Poor" in America

Today's Dems think that physical work is distasteful and best left to Latino immigrants (who, by the way, will happily do it).
That’s their entire plan. Move the Latino illegals into jobs, and get the working class onto welfare, for voting purposes.

I can’t play it because I am in a public place, but I assume - since you’re a leftist - that it’s simething mocking self-supporting white middle class Americans - the backbone of this country and the target for insults and mockery by the likes of you.

That’s absurd and cold hearted. Millions of Americans are suffering poverty and near poverty and you stupidly believe they want to live this way.

If you really think living in poverty is comfortable, you aren’t serious.
I grew up poor. It wasn't bad. ;) I have little sympathy for today's poor.

Me, age 11.
Note the worn-out hand-me-down pants, oversized belt. Poor kids today don't dress like this.

Also notice that I'm not black or Hispanic.

Me, age 11.jpg

Last edited:
If they remain in poverty they must like it. ;)
I‘m sure they don’t like it. But they remain in poverty because either they made bad choices, have minimal abilities, are far below in intelligence, or are just not motivated enough to move beyond it.

ANYONE with an IQ in the 90s or above can enroll in a Pell-funded vocational program and learn some basic trade.

I can’t play it because I am in a public place, but I assume - since you’re a leftist - that it’s simething mocking self-supporting white middle class Americans - the backbone of this country and the target for insults and mockery by the likes of you.

Pettiness is like a sacrament to republicans.
It’s hard not to be petty when I grew up on boxed mac and cheese and leftovers as part of a “middle class” family on a budget, while I saw with my own eyes “poor” families filling the cart with crab legs and name brand pop with their food stamps.

Plus they never ate leftovers, threw tons of good food out.

We weren’t allowed to turn on the air conditioner unless it was the hottest of days, but all summer long my “poor” friends’ families had to wear sweaters indoors cause they cranked their free AC up to max all summer long.

The same poor people treat hospital emergency rooms like doctors’ offices because they know they’ll never have to pay.

When you just give people stuff they’ve never earned it has no value to them and they become shockingly wasteful and ungrateful.

It’s hard not to be petty when I grew up on boxed mac and cheese and leftovers as part of a “middle class” family on a budget, while I saw with my own eyes “poor” families filling the cart with crab legs and name brand pop with their food stamps.

Plus they never ate leftovers, threw tons of good food out.

We weren’t allowed to turn on the air conditioner unless it was the hottest of days, but all summer long my “poor” friends’ families had to wear sweaters indoors cause they cranked their free AC up to max all summer long.

The same poor people treat hospital emergency rooms like doctors’ offices because they know they’ll never have to pay.

When you just give people stuff they’ve never earned it has no value to them and they become shockingly wasteful and ungrateful.
And what about the poor people growing up in the 30s and the 40s, like my parents? They lived in fourth-floor walk-ups (and no air-conditioning of course), with watered down soup and a chicken wing for supper, a few articles of clothing that they washed out in the sink once a week, had to pick up the ice for the ice-box because they couldn’t afford the penny delivery charge, etc., etc.

Now “poor” people, thanks to Other People’s Money, live in air-conditioned apartments, get generous amounts of food stamps, and TANF to single mothers, while enjoying their flat-screen color TV, and getting free medical care when they’re sick, with the majority owning cars, etc., etc.

And we still have leftists crying that we need to give them more. Where’s the incentive to WORK if other people provide you with the same lifestyle you could earn for yourself?

That’s absurd and cold hearted. Millions of Americans are suffering poverty and near poverty and you stupidly believe they want to live this way.

If you really think living in poverty is comfortable, you aren’t serious.
may be they could move to a nice communist nation like Cuba and live like kings

Forum List

Back