Beck-Massa Affair

Believe what you want. I'll gladly stack my conservative creds against yours any time you want. The fact that I don't let some snake oil salesman do my thinking for me shouldn't bother you. In fact, you might want to do a tad bit more critical thinking for yourself instead of following the word of entertainers. I'm an evangelical Christian too, but I don't give much attention to all the televangelist entertainers either. Glenn Beck is the political equivalant of Ernest Angley.

Miracle and Healing Prayer with Reverend Ernest Angley

What are your "conservative creds" worth if you agree with liberals that Americans are innately stupid and unqualified to think for themselves, but must instead rely upon someone else to tell them what to think? :eusa_eh:

You know, it would help if the details of real items he exposes were not mixed in with tin foil hat details like FEMA camps.......and didn't weep on TV.

Why would anybody object to Beck debunking a tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory like "FEMA camps"? What's wrong with that? :eusa_eh:

Because he said he couldn't debunk them in March 2009. Then Popular Mechanics contacted him and debunked them in April 2009......but you knew that didn't you. :eusa_whistle:

What I find amusing about this FEMA camp thing is back when the Bush administration was getting demonized, there was a similar charge about "secret" interment camps all over the country, but they were'nt set up by FEMA, instead some obscure sub-agency of the CIA located on old abandoned military and other federal sites where bunkers were once built in case of a nuclear attack. There was even a map showing where these bunkers were located. It was genuinely laughable. I always wondered why Beck didn't use that earlier debunked story to make his own case about the non-existence of these sites. Both were obviously classic conspiracy theories.

You know, it would help if the details of real items he exposes were not mixed in with tin foil hat details like FEMA camps.......and didn't weep on TV.

So you hate Glenn more than you care about exposing corruption. Got you.

Why would anybody object to Beck debunking a tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory like "FEMA camps"? What's wrong with that? :eusa_eh:

Because he said he couldn't debunk them in March 2009. Then Popular Mechanics contacted him and debunked them in April 2009......but you knew that didn't you. :eusa_whistle:

What I find amusing about this FEMA camp thing is back when the Bush administration was getting demonized, there was a similar charge about "secret" interment camps all over the country, but they were'nt set up by FEMA, instead some obscure sub-agency of the CIA located on old abandoned military and other federal sites where bunkers were once built in case of a nuclear attack. There was even a map showing where these bunkers were located. It was genuinely laughable. I always wondered why Beck didn't use that earlier debunked story to make his own case about the non-existence of these sites. Both were obviously classic conspiracy theories.

Oh geeze, I forgot about that! And these are the same douches that find no issue with the Government managing their health.

Beck was hoping to get a dumptruck load of dirt and score a ratings coup and he got left holding the bag instead. Blind ambition does that sometimes. And Beck thinks he's a libertarian.

Why wouldn't he be hoping for a "dumptruck load of dirt" and to "score a ratings coup"? :eusa_eh:
That's what he does for a living. Duh.

What I don't get is why people who profess to not give a shit about Glenn Beck keep their panties in such a perpetual twist over him. :lol:

Really? I thought he was a true believer who loves America.....now I find out he does this to turn a buck. I'm shocked.....shocked I tell you! :eek:

No ones panties are in a twist. I'm laughing at his folly.

You've called yourself a Libertarian and a Conservative, but you believe that Capitalism and Patriotism cannot coexist?... that it's impossible to sell one's honest opinion?:eusa_eh:

Tell me, would YOUR opinion necessarily change if someone were paying you good money for it? Mine wouldn't. Like Beck, I'd just be thrilled to get paid for something I would've done anyway. Ain't America GREAT? :lol:

Believe what you want. I'll gladly stack my conservative creds against yours any time you want. The fact that I don't let some snake oil salesman do my thinking for me shouldn't bother you. In fact, you might want to do a tad bit more critical thinking for yourself instead of following the word of entertainers. I'm an evangelical Christian too, but I don't give much attention to all the televangelist entertainers either. Glenn Beck is the political equivalant of Ernest Angley.

Miracle and Healing Prayer with Reverend Ernest Angley

What are your "conservative creds" worth if you agree with liberals that Americans are innately stupid and unqualified to think for themselves, but must instead rely upon someone else to tell them what to think? :eusa_eh:

Actually, I think the majority of American people are very intelligent. What I do find disconcerting are the ones who listen to entertainers to get their "news" to base "their" opinions on. I find them too lazy to think for themselves and instead glom onto what the talking head says as gospel without realizing that they are doing it for money more than ideology. But funny that you claim that liberals think Americans are stupid. Many of the conservative talk radio hosts I listen to have made that claim on repeated occasions. Savage and Boortz routinely berate the American electorate. Other talkers do too. And no, I can't give you specific incidents.....they are on the radio, not in print.

Why wouldn't he be hoping for a "dumptruck load of dirt" and to "score a ratings coup"? :eusa_eh:
That's what he does for a living. Duh.

What I don't get is why people who profess to not give a shit about Glenn Beck keep their panties in such a perpetual twist over him. :lol:

Really? I thought he was a true believer who loves America.....now I find out he does this to turn a buck. I'm shocked.....shocked I tell you! :eek:

You've called yourself a Libertarian and a Conservative, but you believe that Capitalism and Patriotism cannot coexist?... that it's impossible to sell one's honest opinion?:eusa_eh:

Tell me, would YOUR opinion necessarily change if someone were paying you good money for it? Mine wouldn't. Like Beck, I'd just be thrilled to get paid for something I would've done anyway. Ain't America GREAT? :lol:

Nice spin, but no cigar.

The fact that Beck APOLOGIZED to his audience is very telling.
Indeed. Massa played him like the proverbial Stradivarius, and Beck knew it by the end of the show (probably before that, really). I don't know what in the world Beck was thinking when he decided to deal with this guy (it's blatantly obvious Beck did not do any homework on the man, particularly with regard to his reason for voting 'no' on the HC bill). I don't normally watch his program, but I did tune into it yesterday and was not a bit surprised by what I saw. Hopefully, Beck has learned a valuable lesson here.

Last edited:
If you want to make a thread about Massa's personal behavior, knock yourself out. This thread is about Beck's eyes glazing over while rubbing his greedy little hands together at the thought of getting an enemy to dish dirt on the party on his show. It backfired on him, pure and simple. He even apologized for wasting an hour of TV.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Put up or shut up. Massa's stoopid behavior isn't the subjet of this thread. You are free to poke him with a stick in a thread about that if you want to. Heck, I'll even come over and agree with you. But that isn't what this is about. Why are you deflecting for Beck? :eusa_whistle:

Oh, c'mon. We know why. She's a Beckerhead. (had to use that)

Whoever dubbed Beck fans 'Beckerheads', I just want to say thanks for that one...

That IS outstanding. A WINNAH!!!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Credit where credit is due:

from the comments to this article:

Watertown Daily Times | Hoffman: Owens wrong on health bill

Hoffman: wind him up hear him say "Ronald Reagan" over and over again.

His cluelessness about the district he so badly wants to represent is insulting. Representatives are supposed to advocate for their people and the issues of their district. What does he know about the Seaway or the isues facing dairy farmers? Why not challenge Murphy in the 20th where he lives?

I'm no Republican by any stretch, but neither is this Glenn Beckerhead....he's an out of touch ideologue. At least Will Barclay is local and knows where Canton is.

:lol::lol:

Actually, I think the majority of American people are very intelligent. What I do find disconcerting are the ones who listen to entertainers to get their "news" to base "their" opinions on. I find them too lazy to think for themselves and instead glom onto what the talking head says as gospel without realizing that they are doing it for money more than ideology. But funny that you claim that liberals think Americans are stupid. Many of the conservative talk radio hosts I listen to have made that claim on repeated occasions. Savage and Boortz routinely berate the American electorate. Other talkers do too. And no, I can't give you specific incidents.....they are on the radio, not in print.

So you learned that the Federal Government is funding the Brecht Foundation whose goals involved destroying our government from another source?

Glenn would be saying the same exact think if no one was listening. And Kudos for him for finding a way to make money while doing something he loves.

Nice spin, but no cigar.

There may be no cigar, but I dont see any intellectual rebuttal either.

It's easy to pretend simply dismissing the other person is enough to refute them. But people who actually think, don't accept such sophistry.

The fact that Beck APOLOGIZED to his audience is very telling.
Indeed. Massa played him like the proverbial Stradivarius, and Beck knew it by the end of the show (probably before that, really). I don't know what in the world Beck was thinking when he decided to deal with this guy (it's blatantly obvious Beck did not do any homework on the man, particularly with regard to his reason for voting 'no' on the HC bill). I don't normally watch his program, but I did tune into it yesterday and was not a bit surprised by what I saw. Hopefully, Beck has learned a valuable lesson here.

Massa played him? The man hung himself. Glenn gave him the rope and he literally hung himself.

I think it's funny, that you guys want people to think you are so tolerant. That you are so open minded. But anyone who gives times for a speaker or idea that they disagree to express their point of view is "played".

I thought Beck did a good job. It was a good tough interview. Massa does seem to be a bit of a weird little creep but he is a Democrat,so??...Massa was right on one thing though. Rahm Emanuel is a dark & evil monster. Just look at him and that becomes pretty obvious. Massa is a little freak but i do believe him when he says that Emanuel and the Democratic Leadership forced him out over Health Care. It's the Chicago way. This country needs change for sure. Make 2010 count people.

Glenn Beck was correct at the end of his show yesterday. He wasted our time.

Not all of us. Being from NY, I am aware of Massa and what he is all about. I knew this was nothing more than a chance to get on TV for him.

How he was elected, I will never know. I did not vote for Clinton but she deserved to be a senator. I did not vote for Schumer but he too deserved the right to represent the people in NY.

But for Massa to win the seat of a congressperson? I mean....really? I never understood what it was about him that got him in.

Forum List

Back