Beck-Massa Affair

Put up or shut up. Massa's stoopid behavior isn't the subjet of this thread. You are free to poke him with a stick in a thread about that if you want to. Heck, I'll even come over and agree with you. But that isn't what this is about. Why are you deflecting for Beck? :eusa_whistle:

The bigger question would be, why are you dumping on Beck for Exposing the corrupt and slime we have in our Federal Government?
Beck is at least doing that.

because stephanie, it doesn't behoove a demoncwat to beat up on their own, it's not in the kool aid recipie, they pick a person or a company to demonize and by god they stick with it. beck will lose his luster someday and somenewsomebody will come along to be demonized. just roll with it. it's fun.

Put up or shut up. Massa's stoopid behavior isn't the subjet of this thread. You are free to poke him with a stick in a thread about that if you want to. Heck, I'll even come over and agree with you. But that isn't what this is about. Why are you deflecting for Beck? :eusa_whistle:

The bigger question would be, why are you dumping on Beck for Exposing the corrupt and slime we have in our Federal Government?

because stephanie, it doesn't behoove a demoncwat to beat up on their own, it's not in the kool aid recipie, they pick a person or a company to demonize and by god they stick with it. beck will lose his luster someday and somenewsomebody will come along to be demonized. just roll with it. it's fun.

I hear ya loud and clear.:lol:

can you believe people would make this about Glen Beck, instead of the corrupted, slimy Democrat congresscritter? :eusa_shhh:

It's to be expected. I was actually pleasantly surprised that Beck was so relaxed. I do wonder why Massa chose to appear with him, however. He was probably trying to get out front of the situation before it all caved in on him (like what happened to Larry Craig), but instead Massa blew it. (No pun intended.)

Glenn Beck is NOT a political extremist. He's a Libertarian... with more in common philosophically with our framers than either Eric Massa or Barack Obama.

Beck is smart guy - his analyses and info on The Constitution, the founding of the U.S., the context of our current situations etc. are often quite insightful.

I have gotten to the point, however, where I cannot watch the guy.

He is first and foremost an Info-Tainer. His histrionic schtick dilutes the message (at least for me).

Yep...exactly how I see him. If he simply stated the factrs and then compared them to how he believes the founders wanted it, I would watch him. But he sensationalizes everything...yes, for ratings....but it is getting old and clouds the issues.

Hannity is even worse. I stopped watching him a while ago. He gets so stuck on smear items that he rarely hears how the interviewee answers the questions...and often misses important info...

But I will say one thing about Beck......he is right quite often....and his information is ignored based on his reputation as a sensationlaist...and THAT is sad.

You know, it would help if the details of real items he exposes were not mixed in with tin foil hat details like FEMA camps.......and didn't weep on TV.

Why would anybody object to Beck debunking a tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory like "FEMA camps"? What's wrong with that? :eusa_eh:

Because he said he couldn't debunk them in March 2009. Then Popular Mechanics contacted him and debunked them in April 2009......but you knew that didn't you. :eusa_whistle:

Glenn Beck is NOT a political extremist. He's a Libertarian... with more in common philosophically with our framers than either Eric Massa or Barack Obama.

Beck is smart guy - his analyses and info on The Constitution, the founding of the U.S., the context of our current situations etc. are often quite insightful.

He is first and foremost an Info-Tainer. His histrionic schtick dilutes the message (at least for me).

Yep...exactly how I see him. If he simply stated the factrs and then compared them to how he believes the founders wanted it, I would watch him. But he sensationalizes everything...yes, for ratings....but it is getting old and clouds the issues.

Hannity is even worse. I stopped watching him a while ago. He gets so stuck on smear items that he rarely hears how the interviewee answers the questions...and often misses important info...

But I will say one thing about Beck......he is right quite often....and his information is ignored based on his reputation as a sensationlaist...and THAT is sad.

Ever hear the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf? It used to be a cautionary tale we told our children. Unfortunately, cable news has made it quite profitable in this day and time.

can you believe people would make this about Glen Beck, instead of the corrupted, slimy Democrat congresscritter? :eusa_shhh:

i don't even believe people would waste their time watching glenn beck, let alone admit to it, but they do.

you can't fix stupid, i guess.

whatever. I guess Exposing the corruption in OUR Federal Government is too much for some people. Especially when it's a DEMOCRAT.

Corruption and scandals have been "exposed" concerning members of both parties. Have you forgotten already that William Jefferson was sentence to 13 years in prison for corruption? Robert Wexler resigned amid pending charges of money laundering. And of course Bill Clinton was nearly impeached as a result of his sexcapades. But Republicans sure aren't innocent either. The list is long. Which "side" is the worst offender is hardly the point.

Believe what you want. I'll gladly stack my conservative creds against yours any time you want. The fact that I don't let some snake oil salesman do my thinking for me shouldn't bother you. In fact, you might want to do a tad bit more critical thinking for yourself instead of following the word of entertainers. I'm an evangelical Christian too, but I don't give much attention to all the televangelist entertainers either. Glenn Beck is the political equivalant of Ernest Angley.

http://www.ernestangley.org/miracles/

Last edited:
Beck was hoping to get a dumptruck load of dirt and score a ratings coup and he got left holding the bag instead. Blind ambition does that sometimes. And Beck thinks he's a libertarian.

Why wouldn't he be hoping for a "dumptruck load of dirt" and to "score a ratings coup"? :eusa_eh:
That's what he does for a living. Duh.

What I don't get is why people who profess to not give a shit about Glenn Beck keep their panties in such a perpetual twist over him. :lol:

The answer to that is that far too many believe every word he says, hang on it, proclaim it as gospel truth, and then go out and spread it to others who are equally as gullible. To me, it's become truly pathetic that some television commentary has become nothing more than tabloid fodder.

Ever hear the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf? It used to be a cautionary tale we told our children. Unfortunately, cable news has made it quite profitable in this day and time.

Yes...but only a fool would dismiss all of the information based on the messangers approach.

I dont watch beck anymore....but when I hear about something he picked up on, I look into it and if it is valid I do not simply shun it off because it is Beck that first said it.

Most ignored....and actually defended the Van Jones issue. All ignored the Anita Dunn issue.

LMAO...I recall one poster on here saying..."what do I care if Van Jones is an admitted communist. He has a lowly job in the WH."

Really? People really dont care if someone in the WH, even the Janitor, is an admitted communist?

I mean....really?

Beck was hoping to get a dumptruck load of dirt and score a ratings coup and he got left holding the bag instead. Blind ambition does that sometimes. And Beck thinks he's a libertarian.

Why wouldn't he be hoping for a "dumptruck load of dirt" and to "score a ratings coup"? :eusa_eh:

What I don't get is why people who profess to not give a shit about Glenn Beck keep their panties in such a perpetual twist over him. :lol:

The answer to that is that far too many believe every word he says, hang on it, proclaim it as gospel truth, and then go out and spread it to others who are equally as gullible. To me, it's become truly pathetic that some television commentary has become nothing more than tabloid fodder.

And the fact that the valid information is ignored becuase of the messenger?

Yes...but only a fool would dismiss all of the information based on the messangers approach.

So I can assume you voted for Ron Paul like I did?

The fact that Beck APOLOGIZED to his audience is very telling.

Really? I thought he was a true believer who loves America.....now I find out he does this to turn a buck. I'm shocked.....shocked I tell you! :eek:

No ones panties are in a twist. I'm laughing at his folly.

So I can assume you voted for Ron Paul like I did?

Nope. I do not feel he has leadership capabilities.

You know, it would help if the details of real items he exposes were not mixed in with tin foil hat details like FEMA camps.......and didn't weep on TV.

Why would anybody object to Beck debunking a tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory like "FEMA camps"? What's wrong with that? :eusa_eh:

Because he said he couldn't debunk them in March 2009. Then Popular Mechanics contacted him and debunked them in April 2009......but you knew that didn't you. :eusa_whistle:

And it couldn't be because he actually did his research in the meantime and prepared his case, right? :eusa_whistle:

Seriously. The guy gets PAID for his opinion, and he's okay with that. He's very open about the fact that he's a Capitalist, which means... he's NOT a hypocrite for going all out for success. It's all very straight-forward.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, nobody's had a gun put to their head and is forced to listen, or forced to pay for Beck's opinion, or forced to agree with him should they choose to listen anyway.

Forum List

Back