Beck dropped from largest market

Thanks for the insightful info in this thread Radio. If there's anyone who should be listened to on this topic, it's you. :lol:

Nah, has nothing to do with that.

Ratings equals money. It doesn't matter what position the host supports. If the majority of people agree (ie: ratings), then the shows attract more advertising dollars.

Right wing radio has dominance now because they have a decades long head start. And it doesn't help that liberals thought they "shake 'n bake" a monolithic network to compete.

Liberals are smartening up though. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. Conservatives have already blazed this trail, just follow their lead. Message doesn't matter in this case. Execution does.

Uh, which nationally syndicated left wing radio hosts are "executing?"

Right now?

Randi Rhodes, Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy. Hell, Rachel Maddow started off in radio and used it as a springboard in the last 18 months to national recognition on MSNBC.

You don't have to like the message, but there is an audience, and some are becoming successful.

They're so far down the pack it isnt' funny.

Delilah, Car Talk, and Coast to Coast AM kick all their asses.

Thanks for the insightful info in this thread Radio. If there's anyone who should be listened to on this topic, it's you. :lol:

Not really insight. Just common sense. Remove politics from the equation, it doesn't even reach the level of secondary. It's really tertiary.

But thanks. ;)

Right now?

Randi Rhodes, Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy. Hell, Rachel Maddow started off in radio and used it as a springboard in the last 18 months to national recognition on MSNBC.

You don't have to like the message, but there is an audience, and some are becoming successful.
My last check had Ed Schultz as (was?) the top-of-the heap of syndicated letfy talkers, with Madocow as a distant second...Doesn't she just play the audio from the cable show as her program now?

I had no idea any of those other second-stringers had syndication deals.

Not really insight. Just common sense. Remove politics from the equation, it doesn't even reach the level of secondary. It's really tertiary.

But thanks. ;)

Oh, yeah, the politics of the top 10 or 20 hosts has nothing to do with their audience size and endurance?

Well, Delilah and Car Talk, maybe.

Uh, which nationally syndicated left wing radio hosts are "executing?"

Right now?

And WWE kicks the pants off of Cosmos (when it airs).

So?

You asked who was executing correctly. Not who was winning. IMO, they are executing correctly. Hell, Premiere picked up Randi this year for syndication. The same group that syndicates Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck. And like I just said, Maddow has used radio as a springboard to launch a successful television punditry career. Thats success, even if you disagree with her.

It ain't about the politics. It's about attracting an audience.

Right now?

My last check had Ed Schultz as (was?) the top-of-the heap of syndicated letfy talkers, with Madocow as a distant second...Doesn't she just play the audio from the cable show as her program now?

Maddow stopped radio, AFAIK, but used it to launch into MSNBC.

Right now?

So?

You asked who was executing correctly. Not who was winning. IMO, they are executing correctly. Hell, Premiere picked up Randi this year for syndication. The same group that syndicates Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck. And like I just said, Maddow has used radio as a springboard to launch a successful television punditry career. Thats success, even if you disagree with her.

Which left wing political talkers cannot do, by way of comparison with right wing talkers.

Right now?

"Launch?" You mean she traded one marginal audience for another.

But thanks. ;)

Oh, yeah, the politics of the top 10 or 20 hosts has nothing to do with their audience size and endurance?

Well, Delilah and Car Talk, maybe.

Now you're catching on ;)

Right now?

You believe too many press releases PDs write about programming changes.

So?

Which left wing political talkers cannot do, by way of comparison with right wing talkers.

They're just starting. It's not about the message. Conservatives have a decades long head start, and liberals have been stupid for a while in this arena. But they're wising up. You can keep thinking that there's no audience for a moderate-left program. Or even a hard left program. Election results disagree with you though.

30% of voters are hard left.
30% hard right.
40% swing.

30% of voters is a sizable number when translated to a potential audience. They've been ignored for a long time though, and haven't been turning to talk radio.

Until Sirrius and XM....and podcasts....and webcasts....and now slowly moving into the AM broadcast arena.

Common sense.

"Launch?" You mean she traded one marginal audience for another.

As long as MSNBC can stay financially afloat, she's going to be their vehicle to drive a large wedge into the cable news punditry wars.

She's going to be a lot bigger deal than you give her credit for. The very fact that righties start foaming when they hear her name...same as the lefties foaming when they hear Limbaughs name....should be a large indication that she's having an impact.

So?

They're just starting. It's not about the message. Conservatives have a decades long head start, and liberals have been stupid for a while in this arena. But they're wising up. You can keep thinking that there's no audience for a moderate-left program. Or even a hard left program. Election results disagree with you though.

30% hard right.
40% swing.

30% of voters is a sizable number when translated to a potential audience. They've been ignored for a long time though, and haven't been turning to talk radio.

Until Sirrius and XM....and podcasts....and webcasts....and now slowly moving into the AM broadcast arena.

Common sense.

Bullshit. NPR, Walter Cronkite and their wannabes a decades start on right wing talk radio.

There was no "head start." There was no audience for left wing talk radio then or now.

If there has not been an audience for left wing talkers in the 20 years that talk radio as we know it has been around, the best years ever of talk radio, they'll never catch up.

You believe too many press releases PDs write about programming changes.

Nope.

But you seem to believe that no one wants to listen to a liberal station, despite ~30% of the population being hard liberal.

Suit yourself though. I warned ya it took common sense.

30% hard right.
40% swing.

Common sense.

Bullshit. NPR, Walter Cronkite and their wannabes a decades start on right wing talk radio.

There was no "head start." There was no audience for left wing talk radio then or now.

If there has not been an audience for left wing talkers in the 20 years that talk radio as we know it has been around, the best years ever of talk radio, they'll never catch up.

You really don't know how or why talk radio enjoyed a rebirth, do you?

Forum List

Back