Beck dropped from largest market

Well probably. Not really because of who holds office..it's that FOX is saturated with the same sort of material. Eventually one of them has to go.

Hopefully Hannity goes down next.

And yes, Meister...it's a wishlist of mine. To see Beck completely off the air and irrelevant.

Interesting understanding you have of free speech. My wishlist would be for people to stop overreacting to the words of others and stop seeking to impose their own views on others. That's just me... I'm a rebel.

It's only a matter of time now.

By 2012 he will be dropped from FOX.
If he passes then, whenever a CON is in Office Beck will lose relevance...RAPIDLY!

Is this on your "Wish List"? Because, I really don't know how you can say that with any sincerity, or knowledge.

He can't.

This isn't a station dropping Beck the person. This is a station dropping Beck the program.

Big difference. ROI wasn't high enough to justify continuing to pay Beck. Hard for it to be when you see what that station is up against.
If but only 10% of these nattering nitwits knew how the radio biz actually works....:rolleyes:

New Yorkers don't wanna hear that crap!

Others will catch on...you know everything starts in NYC and then trickles down anyway.

LOL!!!

Well probably. Not really because of who holds office..it's that FOX is saturated with the same sort of material. Eventually one of them has to go.

And yes, Meister...it's a wishlist of mine. To see Beck completely off the air and irrelevant.

Interesting understanding you have of free speech. My wishlist would be for people to stop overreacting to the words of others and stop seeking to impose their own views on others. That's just me... I'm a rebel.

Here's Mike Gallagher's vision of free speech:

I think we should round up all of these folks. Round up Joy Behar. Round up Matt Damon, who last night on MSNBC attacked George Bush and Dick Cheney. Round up Olbermann. Take the whole bunch of them and put them in a detention camp until this war is over because they’re a bunch of traitors.

ThinkProgress Talk Host Gallagher: ‘Round Up’ Olbermann, Damon, And ‘Put Them In A Detention Camp’

I think we should round up all of these folks. Round up Joy Behar. Round up Matt Damon, who last night on MSNBC attacked George Bush and Dick Cheney. Round up Olbermann. Take the whole bunch of them and put them in a detention camp until this war is over because they’re a bunch of traitors.

ThinkProgress Talk Host Gallagher: ‘Round Up’ Olbermann, Damon, And ‘Put Them In A Detention Camp’

I think both of you are having a bit of trouble with the whole "free speech" thing.

Mike Gallagher has the right to say whatever he wants, even if what he's saying is as retarded as the above.

Just like NYCarbineer has the right to say whatever he wants. Stating "...it's a wishlist of mine. To see Beck completely off the air and irrelevant." isn't attacking free speech, it's using it.

The concept of "free speech" refers to the Government's inability to censor speech, not people voicing contrary opinions.

Is this on your "Wish List"? Because, I really don't know how you can say that with any sincerity, or knowledge.

He can't.

This isn't a station dropping Beck the person. This is a station dropping Beck the program.

Big difference. ROI wasn't high enough to justify continuing to pay Beck. Hard for it to be when you see what that station is up against.
If but only 10% of these nattering nitwits knew how the radio biz actually works....:rolleyes:

*shrug*

I try to tell 'em.

It ain't really about politics. And it ain't really about his ratings solely. It's about paying for the ratings that they are getting. Not enough bang for the buck.

Going up against WABC's lineup, they need a cheap, but viable alternative.

serie_kapow.jpg

A man decided that he would change the world.

But, he wasn’t successful.

So he decided to change the country.

So he decided to change his community.

So he decided to change his street.

But, be wasn’t successful.

So he decided to change his family.

So he decided to change himself.

AND HE WAS SUCCESSFUL.

AND HIS FAMILY CHANGED AND THEY AFFECTED THEIR STREET.

AND THE PEOPLE ON THE STREET AFFECTED
 THEIR COMMUNITY.

AND THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMUNITY AFFECTED THEIR COUNTRY.

AND THE PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY AFFECTED THE WORLD.

Source

I can see why they hate Beck

Right Mr. Fitnah! In my mind, Glenn Beck has done nothing but good for the country. He helped educate it and turned those of us who didn't have a clue, onto the Cloward and Piven plan and to the Weimar Republic and we can see how it is all happening today. I have enjoyed his program and have nothing but respect and admiration for Glenn Beck the man. He is a personal and public success. He has turned many people back to faith. He has given hope and charity from his own abundance. A true and loyal American, our founding fathers would have been very proud of. Thanks Glenn. You have worked hard and under highly stressful conditions. You won. The people that matter, love you. :) YOU made a positive difference in the lives of millions. That is success.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings, replaced by Mike Gallagher

Glenn Beck may be one of the hottest talk show hosts in the country, but he apparently left New York's WOR cold.

WOR (710 AM), one of the city's two biggest talk radio stations, said this morning it is dropping Beck's syndicated show as of Jan. 17 and replacing him with a familiar New York name: Mike Gallagher.

"The reason is ratings," said WOR program director Scott Lakefield. "Somewhat to our surprise, the show wasn't getting what we wanted."

Read more: Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings, replaced by Mike Gallagher

*shrug*

Beck's a loon, but don't read too much into this.

On the contrary, I think it evidence of the tides of the loon movement at last beginning to recede... I hope...:eusa_pray:...Please?

A man decided that he would change the world.

So he decided to change the country.

So he decided to change his community.

So he decided to change his street.

But, be wasn’t successful.

So he decided to change his family.

So he decided to change himself.

AND HE WAS SUCCESSFUL.

AND HIS FAMILY CHANGED AND THEY AFFECTED THEIR STREET.

AND THE PEOPLE ON THE STREET AFFECTED
 THEIR COMMUNITY.

AND THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMUNITY AFFECTED THEIR COUNTRY.

AND THE PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY AFFECTED THE WORLD.

Source

I can see why they hate Beck

matt damon

I think both of you are having a bit of trouble with the whole "free speech" thing.

Mike Gallagher has the right to say whatever he wants, even if what he's saying is as retarded as the above.

Just like NYCarbineer has the right to say whatever he wants. Stating "...it's a wishlist of mine. To see Beck completely off the air and irrelevant." isn't attacking free speech, it's using it.

The concept of "free speech" refers to the Government's inability to censor speech, not people voicing contrary opinions.

Gallagher was calling for the GOVERNMENT to lock people up for exercising their free speech rights.

And I don't think I ever said what you're attributing to me.

Last edited:
Then you don't know schitt about how the radio racket works, either.

These things happen all the time...Especially in the most highly competitive markets.

but only to rightwingers those commie liberal pundits go off the air because no one likes them.

serie_kapow.jpg

It's always nice to inspire a few more hours of stunned silence from CG.

serie_kapow.jpg

It's always nice to inspire a few more hours of stunned silence from CG.

yeah, but you will not be safe forever. right now she is probably charging up her mega-weapon.

soon she will be able to lay waste to your post by calling you a "fucking idiot".

Forum List

Back