Beck dropped from largest market

So Radioguy, Beck priced himself out of that market?

No, Beck didn't. The station that wanted him just couldn't really afford him. Or, better, they could afford him, but it didn't make much sense because no matter what they put there, it's not going to move the needle much on ratings.

I'm sure if WABC wanted him, they could pick him up.

And I'm also sure Beck doesn't really care. Premiere might, just to say that they're in NY with his show, but Beck doesn't. Premiere pays Beck.

Factoid: Premiere syndicates Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck. As well as Randi Rhodes and Dr. Laura ('til she retires).

Then you don't know schitt about how the radio racket works, either.

These things happen all the time...Especially in the most highly competitive markets.

but only to rightwingers those commie liberal pundits go off the air because no one likes them.

I was one of the few that keeps saying that there is a market for "liberal" radio. But the execution of Air America was for shit.

And if I remember correctly, Oddball was agreeing with that.

Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings, replaced by Mike Gallagher

Glenn Beck may be one of the hottest talk show hosts in the country, but he apparently left New York's WOR cold.

WOR (710 AM), one of the city's two biggest talk radio stations, said this morning it is dropping Beck's syndicated show as of Jan. 17 and replacing him with a familiar New York name: Mike Gallagher.

"The reason is ratings," said WOR program director Scott Lakefield. "Somewhat to our surprise, the show wasn't getting what we wanted."

Read more: Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings, replaced by Mike Gallagher

*shrug*

Beck's a loon, but don't read too much into this.

On the contrary, I think it evidence of the tides of the loon movement at last beginning to recede... I hope...:eusa_pray:...Please?

It doesn't have to do with politics. Hate to burst your bubble.

These things happen all the time...Especially in the most highly competitive markets.

but only to rightwingers those commie liberal pundits go off the air because no one likes them.

I was one of the few that keeps saying that there is a market for "liberal" radio. But the execution of Air America was for shit.

You know the business, the rest are just rationalizing.

You know the business, the rest are just rationalizing.

*shrug*

I try to tell them. No one wants to listen to me though. It's always "This spells the end for _______!!!"

When Air America went kaput, the blank was loony liberalism.

Now with one station dropping Beck due to reasons other than politics, for some reason it still spells the end for loony conservatism.

The loonies will always be with us, and with political gotcha-gossip taking the place of political news, these people (as a class) aren't going anywhere. And it doesn't matter which side of the aisle they sit on.

Yep however the right winger loonies attract more coprorate dollars due to their pro corporate stances.
So they will dominate.

And yes, err America sucked.

I still think it is a hoot that the err America guy beat out the best the right could offer for a senate seat.

It isn't about who likes what...It's about who can afford what.

WABC can't pay Limpbagh, Hannidickweed AND Beck...Not even in New York.

You do know that the top rated people in the radio syndication racket get paid to have radio stations carry their programming, don't you?...I'll score that a big NO.

Yep however the right winger loonies attract more coprorate dollars due to their pro corporate stances.
So they will dominate.

Nah, has nothing to do with that.

Ratings equals money. It doesn't matter what position the host supports. If the majority of people agree (ie: ratings), then the shows attract more advertising dollars.

Right wing radio has dominance now because they have a decades long head start. And it doesn't help that liberals thought they "shake 'n bake" a monolithic network to compete.

Liberals are smartening up though. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. Conservatives have already blazed this trail, just follow their lead. Message doesn't matter in this case. Execution does.

So they will dominate.

I still think it is a hoot that the err America guy beat out the best the right could offer for a senate seat.

He sucked eggs as a radio personality. I mean, BAD.

If they had led with Rhandi Rhodes as their keystone, and spent less money in shaking and baking it, they might still of had a chance.

So they will dominate.

If they had led with Rhandi Rhodes as their keystone, and spent less money in shaking and baking it, they might still of had a chance.
Worst I've ever heard.....And that's counting Jeanine Garbuffalo.

Little wonder that the network crashed and burned, with that sub-amateur as their supposed lead draw.

You do know that the top rated people in the radio syndication racket get paid to have radio stations carry their programming, don't you?...I'll score that a big NO.

WABC probably could. They have Hannity and Limbaugh and....someone else...can't remember.

But WOR are the ones that dropped Beck. I went online and looked at the last 6 months ratings. WABC is consistently 4th or 5th. WOR is 22nd.

Here, anyone can register. Make some shit up:

Radio Industry News, New Music, Music Promotion, Radio Station Song Charts | AllAccess.com

So they will dominate.

Little wonder that the network crashed and burned, with that sub-amateur as their supposed lead draw.

He tried to be waaaaay too fucking cerebral over inane subjects. Took 30 minutes to explain how he makes toast, essentially.

You got about 15 seconds to grab someones attention. At the high end. You gotta have a compelling subject, or a compelling way to say something. He couldn't pull off either.

Jeanine's probably is that she was just way too fucking angry and took herself too seriously.

WABC probably could. They have Hannity and Limbaugh and....someone else...can't remember.

But WOR are the ones that dropped Beck. I went online and looked at the last 6 months ratings. WABC is consistently 4th or 5th. WOR is 22nd.

Here, anyone can register. Make some shit up:

Radio Industry News, New Music, Music Promotion, Radio Station Song Charts | AllAccess.com
OK...I stand corrected.

Yeah...WABC probably could afford all three, in the end.

So they will dominate.

Ratings equals money. It doesn't matter what position the host supports. If the majority of people agree (ie: ratings), then the shows attract more advertising dollars.

Right wing radio has dominance now because they have a decades long head start. And it doesn't help that liberals thought they "shake 'n bake" a monolithic network to compete.

Liberals are smartening up though. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. Conservatives have already blazed this trail, just follow their lead. Message doesn't matter in this case. Execution does.

Uh, which nationally syndicated left wing radio hosts are "executing?"

So they will dominate.

They had bigger problems, but yeah.

If they had taken a lower key approach (much, much lower), and led with Rhandi, there would still be a chance that they would still exist.

He tried to be waaaaay too fucking cerebral over inane subjects. Took 30 minutes to explain how he makes toast, essentially.

You got about 15 seconds to grab someones attention. At the high end. You gotta have a compelling subject, or a compelling way to say something. He couldn't pull off either.

Jeanine's probably is that she was just way too fucking angry and took herself too seriously.
He couldn't be cerebral to a class of first-graders.

You want cerebral, that's Dennis Miller...He'll make you either laugh or Google the joke...After which you'll laugh.

Franken was what he is...Boring, unfunny and inarticulate.

So they will dominate.

Uh, which nationally syndicated left wing radio hosts are "executing?"

Right now?

Randi Rhodes, Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy. Hell, Rachel Maddow started off in radio and used it as a springboard in the last 18 months to national recognition on MSNBC.

You don't have to like the message, but there is an audience, and some are becoming successful.

He couldn't be cerebral to a class of first-graders.

You want cerebral, that's Dennis Miller...He'll make you either laugh or Google the joke...After which you'll laugh.

Franken was what he is...Boring, unfunny and inarticulate.

He was cerebral on stupid shit that didn't matter, and no one cared. Miller has the ability to draw someone in to make them want to go google the joke. Thats the part where Franken failed, and always did fail IMO, disastrously.

Forum List

Back