beautress is back and she's older than dirt!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by beautress, Sep 28, 2018.

1. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,381

You have a generous heart. I hope you enjoy diving back in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,699
    I had a discussion with Foxfyre about getting you internet service in early 2017. Glad you found your way back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. beautress

beautress Ruby-throated Hummingbird Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,162
    Save, hiya! :desk: Thanks, I wasn't very good company for at least a year and a half after my dear husband died. I started coming out of it, but had two incidents of allergies to shots--one flu shot that put me into shock, and recently, a pneumonia shot that gave me pneumonia for 6 or 7 weeks of endless coughing. I'm getting better daily now.

4. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,699
    Hello friend, thanks for giving me a smile today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,189
    Welcome Back !!!!

Can I use your FreedomBecki account as an emergency sock account now? :2up: We probably could have reconstructed your original name/password if you still have access to the email account you initially registered with.

Damn the paperwork. What matters is you found your way back on.. Lots of folks gonna be glad to chat with you again..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,189
    Good --- You can scold me for tossing extra seed to the massive wild turkey flock that now visits our place. It's getting awful busy feeding about 15 new ones to add to the 20 or so that visit.

They consider me one of the flock now. I went out with a spreader full of grass seed and they just followed me around. They DO however, add enough bionics to the soil where I can skip one round of fertilizer a year now tho.. :badgrin:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,162
    Thanks, Flacaltenn. After 3-4 years, I have no idea what my old email account was, I have a vague recollection their website was compromised and they sent me an update to my old addy which also changed my password, and I lost the back of the envelope I wrote it on. So it's like the old song, "Long distance information, get in touch with my Marie, ….blahblahblah….'cause my uncle took a message and he wrote it on the wall...". Except I used a frickin' piece of a used envelope that was likely thrown away before I reused either website. My husband's case of dementia was such that his behavior changes included hopping in the truck and driving until he ran out of gas. He always managed to charm almost everybody who spoke with him, so the sheriff or two - who called me to come get him a couple of hundred miles away and bring gas for his empty tank - were always friendly about it. It's easier to remember a password that relates to you, but some of the servers get downright cranky if you can't remember your password in 3 or 4 tries. It basically boils down to one truth: I'm a mess and I got that way all by myself. :21:

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  8. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,162
    Y'all have turkeys that just follow you around when you use grass seed? (Checking checkbook to see if there's room for a bag of quality grass seeds) I hope you got some pictures of them and will put them on the Ornithology Website (I'll go see if I can find where it is now) Here it is: Wild Side Ornithology Club

9. OldLady

OldLady Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,353
    We're quite worried about him. One rumor is that he went to NC to help the flood victims. Hope it's nothing more serious than that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,189
    They are my clean up crew for under my very busy bird feeders. So what I toss them is bird seed from the Wild Bird center. As for the grass seed --- because of them, I only buy the "non-coated" seed now. They do have an imprint behavior on me now, because multiple generations have been visiting my yard down to the patio for about 6 or 8 years now. And even the males will come within 4 or 5 feet while I'm sitting out there. I can recognize many of them. Especially the oldest males that I've named Drumstick, Giblets, and Stuffin...

Got a lot of pix. Will post a couple..