Beautiful piece of progressive propaganda. Trump is a bad man.

Speaking of worthless, do you have a clue how the world actually operates these days? The "going it alone" nationalism in a globally connected world is no longer a successful strategy. We are now seeing China step in to take a greater role due to our abdication.

You know compared to the USA, France is a fucking rounding error. Who the fuck needs to pay attention to them?
You know, Mr. CrusaderFrank, my stomach churned when I heard a French leader wailing on President Trump the other day, but on the other hand, I thank God that we're not the only ones who have freedom of speech. So I am a little disappointed in France for snubbing our president the way they did, but even so, I'm not changing my middle name, which was my grandma's middle name, too, and it is French. I don't know if I have French blood, but we are all related, imho since Adam and Eve, so I hope the French have a change of heart about President Trump and those of us who are glad he is turning our economy toward better times, because when America has profitably, the history has shown and will show others prosper. I hope their critiques of this fiscally gifted fellow will soften as years pass, and they too, recover losses from years past that were market disasters when America prospers. And you can say this, that and the other about President Trump, but he wins when it comes to prosperity. I'm just sorry the loyal opposition is so craven in their negativism as to make foreign countries think of our leadership in such unfriendly terms.
What foreign countries think of Trump has more to do with the way Trump has treated them than anything else.

How so?

Trump pointed out very publicly that Germany had a revolving door between politicians and Russian gas/oil companies and that because they were highly dependent their policies were manipulated by Russia. Merkel went on and on about how they would never allow Russia to dictate policy. But, she sure as hell didn't deny that revolving door. And it shouldn't surprise anyone.

In fact, that has been a problem with Europe. So prior the election there was a bunch of blowhardiness anti-Russian sentiment. It looked like war drums were beating to just go take it. Then manipulated protests with human rights ngo folks started popping up in Russia.

Look, I am not a Trump fan. He is a bull in a China shop. He has anywhere from 2 to 6 years left. We are going to survive this.

Stalin was a Nationalist. So was Musollini. That's where RWNJ's get lost on things.
and for 240 years we never really got into globalism. so it would seem it's not only limited to the bad guys.

Yahoo is on par with the liars at CNN.
Everyone agrees the Liars are on Fox and Rush Limbaugh etc etc in the real world super duper.

Trump is very naive if he thinks nationalism is good. He doesn't seem interested in history. Not a good idea... I'm

Anytime someone says "all" or "everyone" it's code the messenger is insecure and desires everyone thinks as they do.

Everyone agrees the Liars are on Fox and Rush Limbaugh etc etc in the real world super duper.

Trump is very naive if he thinks nationalism is good. He doesn't seem interested in history. Not a good idea... I'm
Apparently this troll has no idea how to read what I said.

Anytime someone says "all" or "everyone" it's code the messenger is insecure and desires everyone thinks as they do.

Lock step conformity like this also follows an unquestioning nature.

Many are incapable of understanding WHY they support one position over another, only that all their little peeps do so.

The "going it alone" nationalism in a globally connected world is no longer a successful strategy.
Not an advocate of "going it alone" myself, it invites aggression, but keep in mind that being the war daddy [carrying the load] for allies has the same affect on some of them and at the same time lulls others into lethargic states
We are now seeing China step in to take a greater role due to our abdication.
with or without allies? We have been hearing this since the late 90's [back then India was also considered the same threat] so it is hardly something trump has caused, certainly is not a new problem.

Speaking of worthless, do you have a clue how the world actually operates these days? The "going it alone" nationalism in a globally connected world is no longer a successful strategy. We are now seeing China step in to take a greater role due to our abdication.

ILMAO, Coyote says China doesn't put their country first.
Lmao...is right. I did not say they didnt.

What's the opposite of globalism? Why it's nationalism... And it has nothing to do with renouncing leadership in the world or dictatorships..

Globalism was the reason Obama talked us into the "new normal" and "the jobs aint coming back".. Coupled with the progressive obsession against GROWTH of GDP and the economy, and their belief that we must redistribute wealth on a global scale -- globalism is NOT something that doesn't carry a price tag for our citizens.

I've spent too much time watching VERY SMART corporate managements among my clients virtually GIVE China the keys to their businesses or allowing them to take them. Global TRADE needs to be fair. And generally I'm all for it. But our political leadership has NOT been negotiating on OUR behalf for a couple decades now..

All good points...but globalism isn’t all bad either...and nationalism does have a dark side. I remember ages ago in a high school history class, learning about the development of human states. From tribes to city states to nation states to modern nations to now..globalism. Did each step lead to a disenfranchised group that did not benefit like the rest? I think nationalism is just another form of tribalism.

Agree with you on China though!

Of course globalism is not all bad. And there aren't many parallels to ANCIENT history because the world was not as accessible and intertwined. Globalism developed BECAUSE the distances got smaller. Countries could project power faster and easier. And trade became any old oligarchs game. Didn't need constructs like the British East India Company or other Europe Imperialistic others.

But some of the elements you're equating with globalism -- just aren't part of the "nationalism" platform (if one existed). Like military parity.. China is not gonna gain an advantage under a nationalist policy. Nationalists don't HAVE to be isolationists when it comes to strategic military confrontations -- even proxy wars.

Just so happens tho -- that most "populist" nationalists, as Trump is, will probably shy away from interjecting the US in places where there is no great ally to be gained. We've had TOO MUCH (failed) foreign intervention and nation building. Regional conflicts really NEED -- regional solutions. NOT negotiated convenient agreements between the powerful countries of the world.

Globalism has a "power" component, a bigger economic component, and an ethical component. The push to build an EU or a NAFTA trade zone or other regional alliances came with HUGE BILLS for the sovereignty and the innate character of the individual countries.

And you're seeing that backlash right now.. We can't even heal OUR country. What in blazes makes you think we can heal the world?
Good points Flac! Some points to ponder...globalism is as old as man. It is just that the world” was smaller back then but it seemed just as big and connected. A biblical flood encompassing the world may only have encompassed the Middke East but that was the known world.

I think globalism is inevitable...so it is up to us to decide what path it will take.

Globalism is only as old as man in your very fertile imagination.

Hunter gatherers had no concept of it .Early tribal leaders only concerned themselves with their tribe. Empire builders driven by ego sought to expand their empires, but that isn't globalism .Nation states have existed for centuries as nation states

This globalism you support that takes away people's ability to determine their own course of action and places it in the hands of a select few multinational corporations is as recent as it is profoundly undemocratic .

Yes, the whole world of Journalism and law enforcement is lying, only your bought off High School grad ex Coke head DJ pundits know the truth LOL.

What's the opposite of globalism? Why it's nationalism... And it has nothing to do with renouncing leadership in the world or dictatorships..

Globalism was the reason Obama talked us into the "new normal" and "the jobs aint coming back".. Coupled with the progressive obsession against GROWTH of GDP and the economy, and their belief that we must redistribute wealth on a global scale -- globalism is NOT something that doesn't carry a price tag for our citizens.

I've spent too much time watching VERY SMART corporate managements among my clients virtually GIVE China the keys to their businesses or allowing them to take them. Global TRADE needs to be fair. And generally I'm all for it. But our political leadership has NOT been negotiating on OUR behalf for a couple decades now..

All good points...but globalism isn’t all bad either...and nationalism does have a dark side. I remember ages ago in a high school history class, learning about the development of human states. From tribes to city states to nation states to modern nations to now..globalism. Did each step lead to a disenfranchised group that did not benefit like the rest? I think nationalism is just another form of tribalism.

Agree with you on China though!

Of course globalism is not all bad. And there aren't many parallels to ANCIENT history because the world was not as accessible and intertwined. Globalism developed BECAUSE the distances got smaller. Countries could project power faster and easier. And trade became any old oligarchs game. Didn't need constructs like the British East India Company or other Europe Imperialistic others.

But some of the elements you're equating with globalism -- just aren't part of the "nationalism" platform (if one existed). Like military parity.. China is not gonna gain an advantage under a nationalist policy. Nationalists don't HAVE to be isolationists when it comes to strategic military confrontations -- even proxy wars.

Just so happens tho -- that most "populist" nationalists, as Trump is, will probably shy away from interjecting the US in places where there is no great ally to be gained. We've had TOO MUCH (failed) foreign intervention and nation building. Regional conflicts really NEED -- regional solutions. NOT negotiated convenient agreements between the powerful countries of the world.

Globalism has a "power" component, a bigger economic component, and an ethical component. The push to build an EU or a NAFTA trade zone or other regional alliances came with HUGE BILLS for the sovereignty and the innate character of the individual countries.

And you're seeing that backlash right now.. We can't even heal OUR country. What in blazes makes you think we can heal the world?
Good points Flac! Some points to ponder...globalism is as old as man. It is just that the world” was smaller back then but it seemed just as big and connected. A biblical flood encompassing the world may only have encompassed the Middke East but that was the known world.

I think globalism is inevitable...so it is up to us to decide what path it will take.

Globalism is only as old as man in your very fertile imagination.

Hunter gatherers had no concept of it .Early tribal leaders only concerned themselves with their tribe. Empire builders driven by ego sought to expand their empires, but that isn't globalism .Nation states have existed for centuries as nation states

This globalism you support that takes away people's ability to determine their own course of action and places it in the hands of a select few multinational corporations is as recent as it is profoundly undemocratic .
In this age of information and transportation Etc, is only natural that manual labor goes where it is the cheapest. Intelligent countries like Germany train their workers for the good jobs that these new markets produce. But here we have to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share, so we have no money for training infrastructure or anything else. Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes...

As if they weren't doing it under Obama.

I guess I see globalism as trade and a common shared set of denocratic values.

The term "globalism", as currently discussed, has little to do with trade, and only indirectly with democratic values. It is about creating and maintaining multinational, international (global) frameworks of coordinated action to solve problems that are international / global in nature: UN, EU, Paris Accord, IPCOA, etc., all addressing problems that cannot be solved on a national basis, from climate change to preventing a nuclear holocide. That's why reviving, and trying to thrive on, nationalism at this time is the height of imbecility, and that's also why the Trumpy, once again, embarrassed himself on the international stage, and was rightly exposed, on Armistice Day, no less.

Sure LOL, just be sure you don't change the channel or read any newspaper not published by Rupert Murdoch, brainwashed functional ignoramus.

As if they weren't doing it under Obama.
Without Obama's support of alternative energy, we would not be competitive with China.

Many are incapable of understanding WHY they support one position over another, only that all their little peeps do so.
The entire world outside your ridiculous bubble of GOP BS hate propaganda thinks you are insane. Only the Rupert Murdoch TV channel and newspapers agrees with you. You are in fact functionally insane like most GOP voters who get their idiotic alternative facts direct from GOP greedy idiot billionaires.

The entire world outside your ridiculous bubble of GOP BS hate propaganda thinks you are insane. Only the Rupert Murdoch TV channel and newspapers agrees with you. You are in fact functionally insane like most GOP voters who get their idiotic alternative facts direct from GOP greedy idiot billionaires.
I'm not a member of the G.O.P you stupid child.

You leftist fundamentalists are just the same as the religious fundies of the right. They call anybody a liberal if they don't thump a bible and claim the world is only 6000 years old. You call anybody a conservative if they are so much as a half step to the right of Che Guevara.

Heck, the first time I noticed you, I thought you were a neo Nazi due to the combination of your avatar and your antisemitism. I see,now, that you are merely an uneducated leftist with no more awareness of world than a child.

Yes, the whole world of Journalism and law enforcement is lying, only your bought off High School grad ex Coke head DJ pundits know the truth LOL.
Thank for finally pulling your head out.

I'm not a member of the G.O.P you stupid child.

You leftist fundamentalists are just the same as the religious fundies of the right. They call anybody a liberal if they don't thump a bible and claim the world is only 6000 years old. You call anybody a conservative if they are so much as a half step to the right of Che Guevara.

Heck, the first time I noticed you, I thought you were a neo Nazi due to the combination of your avatar and your antisemitism. I see,now, that you are merely an uneducated leftist with no more awareness of world than a child.
If you call having a masters in history uneducated LOL and having been to Europe 23 times and fluent in French and Spanish. So who do you vote for, and do you believe Hillary and Obama and Lerner and holder are corrupt and protected? If you believe all that crap and don't vote for Democrats, you are a GOP dupe no matter what you call yourself. If you vote Democratic, congratulations.

I guess I see globalism as trade and a common shared set of denocratic values.

The term "globalism", as currently discussed, has little to do with trade, and only indirectly with democratic values. It is about creating and maintaining multinational, international (global) frameworks of coordinated action to solve problems that are international / global in nature: UN, EU, Paris Accord, IPCOA, etc., all addressing problems that cannot be solved on a national basis, from climate change to preventing a nuclear holocide. That's why reviving, and trying to thrive on, nationalism at this time is the height of imbecility, and that's also why the Trumpy, once again, embarrassed himself on the international stage, and was rightly exposed, on Armistice Day, no less.

Perhaps, a proper definition of terms is in order:

Alternatively, American political scientist Joseph Nye, co-founder of the international relations theory of neoliberalism, generalized the term to argue that globalism refers to any description and explanation of a world which is characterized by networks of connections that span multi-continental distances; while globalization refers to the increase or decline in the degree of globalism.​

So, trade is related to globalism insofar as it is a matter regulated by agencies / international agreements and organized in international networks. "Democratic values" (whatever that is, exactly) are indirectly related to globalism as democratic nations are generally seen as more amenable to, and more reliable partners of, cooperation in international networks.

Trump is not a nationalist.

He is a Trumpist. Trump First. Trump And Only Trump.

If that means fucking over America, so be it. If that means lying every hour of every day to America, so be it. If that means spitting in the faces of the rubes and getting them to flip on every standard they claimed to support, so be it.

If that means fucking around on his wife for his own pleasure, and watching the cult of personality support his adultery, so be it.

If that means running up a trillion dollar deficit to artificially juice the GDP, and watch his idiot rubes turn a blind eye to what they used to howl over, so be it.

If that means starting a tariff war for the labor unions while his rubes reverse themselves on protectionism for Trump's personal amusement, so be it.

If that means skipping a centennial ceremony honoring our war dead because his hair and makeup might melt, and watching the rubes suddenly not give a shit about patriotism, so be it.

Trump's rubes DESERVE to be lied to.

trump-made-in-mexico.jpg
[/url]

trump-made-in-china.jpg

Forum List

Back