'Beat Up A White Kid Day' in Cleveland

RGS is right, "ethnic intimidation" is not a hate crime and has no real punishment. Hate crimes are federal charges.

Ethnic intimidation is just another phrase for hate crime. And the Feds aren't required to prosecute every hate crime case though they could if they choose to do so. If you have some statistics showing that the Feds normally do, please post them.

Ethnic intimidation is just another phrase for hate crime. And the Feds aren't required to prosecute every hate crime case though they could if they choose to do so. If you have some statistics showing that the Feds normally do, please post them.

Do you know the laws well? It seems as if you are rather naive on them. Ethnic Intimidation is usually a lesser crime that they negotiate to, using it as a primary charge means that likely they won't even get that, and it's a slap on the wrist. Federal charges do not require a federal court in many cases unless it crosses state borders, state courts normally handle hate crimes though the ones that most white people are charged with land them in a fed. pen.. If you aren't white you don't normally get more than a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to.

2927.12 Ethnic intimidation.

(A) No person shall violate section 2903.21, 2903.22, 2909.06, or 2909.07, or division (A)(3), (4), or (5) of section 2917.21 of the Revised Code by reason of the race, color, religion, or national origin of another person or group of persons.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of ethnic intimidation. Ethnic intimidation is an offense of the next higher degree than the offense the commission of which is a necessary element of ethnic intimidation.

Effective Date: 03-19-1987

Lawriter - ORC - 2927.12 Ethnic intimidation.

sure looks like hate crime legislation to me.

Do you know the laws well? It seems as if you are rather naive on them. Ethnic Intimidation is usually a lesser crime that they negotiate to, using it as a primary charge means that likely they won't even get that, and it's a slap on the wrist. Federal charges do not require a federal court in many cases unless it crosses state borders, state courts normally handle hate crimes though the ones that most white people are charged with land them in a fed. pen.. If you aren't white you don't normally get more than a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to.
Not according to the statistics Red Dawn posted elsewhere.

Again, the fed can file hate crime charges if they want to and it has nothing to do with crossing state lines. Many states, counties and cities have their own hate crime laws. If Billy Joyce is so concerned with this he should make like a white Al Sharpton and open his mouth.

(A) No person shall violate section 2903.21, 2903.22, 2909.06, or 2909.07, or division (A)(3), (4), or (5) of section 2917.21 of the Revised Code by reason of the race, color, religion, or national origin of another person or group of persons.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of ethnic intimidation. Ethnic intimidation is an offense of the next higher degree than the offense the commission of which is a necessary element of ethnic intimidation.

Ethnic intimidation is the PC term for hate crime. :lol:

Ethnic intimidation is the PC term for hate crime. :lol:

aarrgh! wait til amanda finds out

If Billy Joyce is so concerned with this he should make like a white Al Sharpton and open his mouth.

Fair challenge, but there are some obstacles.

1. Nobody would care what "William Joyce, insurance defense attorney and suburban father in Virginia" says. If I set myself on fire in front of the newsroom of the Washington Post, nobody would care what I said, shine a camera on me or quote me. Jon Stewart or Keith Olberman would say something mocking, maybe. "In Virginia, a neo-Nazi asshole says boo-hoo that white kids are getting beat up. Hey, neo-Nazi asshole. Hitler killed 6 million. A few kids get a few bruises and you want to whine like a little baby. Spare me."

2. If I did get attention, I'd come into the office the next day and the managing partner would promptly fire me. My exercise of principle would jeopardize my family's ability to eat.

So I put stuff on the Internet. It's a start!

echo...are you saying those other incidences make it okay to have a beat a white person day? or are you just saying that racism happens?

if so, how does that diminish this thread? i don't see those other incidences having a special day where whites (all you posted were apparent white racists interestingly) beat a another race...

echo...are you saying those other incidences make it okay to have a beat a white person day? or are you just saying that racism happens?

if so, how does that diminish this thread? i don't see those other incidences having a special day where whites (all you posted were apparent white racists interestingly) beat a another race...

I'm just saying,like I did in my first post on here, shit happens all the time.

White racists DO beat up other ethnic people, but WJ doesn't start a thread on that, does he? And of COURSE it doesn't excuse what the people of color did to the white girl, and they are being punished too, as they should be.

White racists DO beat up other ethnic people, but WJ doesn't start a thread on that, does he? And of COURSE it doesn't excuse what the people of color did to the white girl, and they are being punished too, as they should be.

Also, this incident seems to be at this school, I wonder if things like this happened all around the country, or the kids that beat up that girl were just being idiots?

Here, wiki has some answers for this. Seems to be in Ohio where this occurs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_Up_a_White_Kid_Day

(I learn something new everyday on the internet)

so attack the messenger, not the message...

Also, this incident seems to be at this school, I wonder if things like this happened all around the country, or the kids that beat up that girl were just being idiots?

Beat Up a White Kid Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from your link:

When the attack was publicized a day later in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, more than 100 readers contacted the newspaper to confirm that the May Day ritual had been alive and well for years and "celebrated" in desegregated communities throughout the United States.[14] Many in their 20s recalled staying home sick from school on May Day in the 1990s or hurrying home to avoid getting hurt.[14] Some teachers did not give homework that day because they knew attendance would be down.[14] Although annual assaults on white children by minorities is rooted in certain public schools on Cleveland's West Side,[8][15] the event may have multiple origins. For example, one man recalled that when he served in the military, many of his friends reported, participated in, or became victims of this annual ritual in desegregated communities throughout the United States.[14]

Beat Up a White Kid Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from your link:

When the attack was publicized a day later in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, more than 100 readers contacted the newspaper to confirm that the May Day ritual had been alive and well for years and "celebrated" in desegregated communities throughout the United States.[14] Many in their 20s recalled staying home sick from school on May Day in the 1990s or hurrying home to avoid getting hurt.[14] Some teachers did not give homework that day because they knew attendance would be down.[14] Although annual assaults on white children by minorities is rooted in certain public schools on Cleveland's West Side,[8][15] the event may have multiple origins. For example, one man recalled that when he served in the military, many of his friends reported, participated in, or became victims of this annual ritual in desegregated communities throughout the United States.[14]

Yeah, and isn't that funny, I live in the state right next to Ohio, I teach in the inner city, and have never heard of it until WJ made this thread.

Like I said, I learn something new every day on the internet.

i thought you asked if this happens all around the country....so i pointed out where in your link it has been confirmed that it does and has been happening since at least the 90's...

interestingly, there is also a kill the haoli day in hawaii

i thought you asked if this happens all around the country....so i pointed out where in your link it has been confirmed that it does and has been happening since at least the 90's...

So don't you think that they should be booked for Ethnic intimidation?

So don't you think that they should be booked for Ethnic intimidation?

according to the ethnic intimidation statute someone posted and the ohio one i read, yes.

If a "Columbine" type of event occurs in the Cleveland area on any May Day in the future, we'll know why .........

Forum List

Back