Revealed: Face of first European

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
William Joyce and Shogun will be mad

The first European: Created from fragments of fossil, the face of our forbears 35,000 years ago | Mail Online

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:46 AM on 04th May 2009

This is the face of the first early European human which has been painstakingly constructed by scientists from bone fragments.

The man or woman - it is still not possible to determine the sex - lived 35,000 years ago in the Carpathian Mountains that today are part of Romania.

Their face was rebuilt in clay based on an incomplete skull and jawbone discovered in a cave where bears hibernated.

Forensic artist Richard Neave made the model based on his measurements of the pieces of bone and his knowledge of how facial tissues sit on the skull.

article-0-04CC6112000005DC-990_468x550.jpg

The first modern European: Forensic Scientist Richard Neave reconstructed the face based on skull fragments from 35,000 years ago

It was created for TV show The Incredible Human Journey about the origins of the human race and evolution, which will be screened on BBC next Sunday.

Anthropologist Alice Roberts will introduce the series and currently has the head sitting on her desk.

'It's really quite bizarre. I'm a scientist and objective but I look at that face and think "Gosh, I'm actually looking at the face of somebody from 40,000 years ago" and there's something weirdly moving about that,' she told the Independent.

'Richard creates skulls of much more recent humans and he's used to looking at differences between populations,' she added.

'He said the skull doesn't actually look European, or Asian, or African. It looks like a mixture of all of them. And you think, well that's probably what you'd expect of someone who was among the earliest populations to come to Europe.'

article-0-04CC5FD1000005DC-743_468x312.jpg

Anthropologist Alice Roberts with the model: 'I look at that face and think "I'm actually looking at the face of somebody from 40,000 years ago"', she says

Potholers found the jawbone of what has been dubbed the 'first modern European' in 2002 in the south-west of the Carpathian Mountains.

Using radiocarbon analysis, scientists have dated them to between 34,000 and 36,000 years ago.

Europe was then occupied by both Neanderthal man, who had by then been in the region for thousands of years, and anatomically-modern humans - Homo sapiens.

Modern humans first arrived in Europe from Africa.

The skull appears very like humans today, although there are some remaining traits including the very large teeth.

Erik Trinkaus from Washington University, Missouri, said: 'Taken together, the material is the first that securely documents what modern humans looked like when they spread to Europe.'

So, by the looks of it, white people evolved from black people! I can't wait to see how the KKK reacts to this!

So, by the looks of it, white people evolved from black people! I can't wait to see how the KKK reacts to this!

You've been in the mountains too long. The race realist movement argues that after the exodus of Homo Sapiens from Africa, they evolved into whites because of the environmental pressures. In other words, a new and improved product. Whites got lighter to receive more Vitamin D from the sun, bigger brains to think more abstractly for the winter survival, and calmer ways to cooperate in hunting bands together. They became more inventive (fire, huts, better weapons, more military hunting techniques, fur clothes).

Meanwhile, languid blacks in the warm jungles stayed stuck scratching backs and plucking fruit like monkeys, never having to think farther than the next few minutes because food was always in reach. Explains why Africans today aren't inventing computer chips and why blacks in America aren't known for careful planning for the future or the ability to delay gratification.

How you derive pleasure from this theory is hard to understand!

Last edited:
Why would I be mad? It's not as if we have any relics outside of bone structures anyway. Certainly not the kind of culture that spawned the very nation you live in via a white Europe. Hell, what OTHER color do you expect neanderthals to be?

Explains why Africans today aren't inventing computer chips and why blacks in America aren't known for careful planning for the future or the ability to delay gratification.

It's funny how the individual becomes the group. Where is the computer chip that your being white helped you create? I'm pretty sure there were many black engineers working for the chip developers back in the '50s. I'm sure all the jobs that were available for most black people in the '50s allowed them to make computer chips out of broom straw and shoe shine goop.

I have no idea what the skin color of the first Europeans were, but I'm betting their blood was just as red as the blood of their Africa forefathers.

Forum List

Back