Be Strong In The LORD

Revelation 22 14 Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

Context

[URL='http://biblehub.com/revelation/22.htm']Jesus is Coming

13"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."14Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.…
Cross References

Genesis 2:9
The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Exodus 19:10
And the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes

Psalm 118:20
This is the gate of the LORD through which the righteous may enter.

Revelation 2:7
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.[/URL]

If you have turned your back on the world and decided to follow Jesus Christ this is your song, Beloved!

The Gospel of John reveals to us that Jesus Christ is God and that it is through Him alone that we may enter into heaven. This is the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and may all who read it find salvation in Jesus Christ. In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen.

The Book of Psalms is to strengthen the Believer and is also to be used as a Prayer book - Praying the Psalms is a wonderful blessing. The LORD will speak to you and encourage you in the Book of Psalms. Do not neglect reading it and read it out loud - often! Read your prayers out loud from Psalms! There are 150 Psalms in all - and we are going to Psalm 64 next which is a Prayer for God's Protection.

Psalms - The Book of Prayer Praise Meditation Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Book of Psalms is to strengthen the Believer and is also to be used as a Prayer book - Praying the Psalms is a wonderful blessing.

Hmmmm....Okay. Let's try this one.

137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

11:6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

140:10 Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

Interesting that you should bring up the wicked, Joe. Because that is precisely what we are about to examine here. In fact, William Gurnall in his devotional Christian in Complete Armour gave a teaching about it - entitled the weakness of wickedness. So with that, I will type up the devotional addressing the subject next post. Thank you for reading!

THE WEAKNESS OF WICKEDNESS - By William Gurnall - From Christian in Complete Amour Devotional - OCTOBER 25

THE WEAKNESS OF WICKEDNESS

God calls Satan wicked to encourage the believers in their combat with him. It is as if God says, Do not be afraid of him, it is a wicked company you go against. And they who defend it are wicked too. If the saints must have enemies, the worse they, the better! It would put courage into a coward to fight with such a crew.

Wickedness must be weak. the devil's guilt tells them their cause is lost before the battle is ever fought. They fear you, Christian, because you are holy, so you do not need to fear them at all. When you see them as subtle, mighty, and many, your heart beats fast. But look on all these spirits as ungodly wretches who hate God more than they hate you. And the only reason they detest you at all is your kinship to Him.

Whose side is God on?

In the past he rebuked kings for touching his anointed ones. Will He stand still now and let those wicked spirits threaten His life in you without coming to your rescue? It is impossible.

The unity of the enemy is a challenge to believers. All the legions of devils and multitudes of wicked men and women form a single mystical body of wickedness, as Christ and his saints are one mystical body. One Spirit unites Christ and his saints and one spirit unites the devils and ungodly men. Their darts are all shot from the same bow and by the same hand. The Christian's fight, then, is a single duel with one great enemy. But this enemy unites all forces to arm themselves with darts of the worst kind.
The devil's darts are temptations which he aims with remarkable accuracy at the souls of men and women. These temptations are called "darts."

Interesting that you should bring up the wicked, Joe. Because that is precisely what we are about to examine here. In fact, William Gurnall in his devotional Christian in Complete Armour gave a teaching about it - entitled the weakness of wickedness. So with that, I will type up the devotional addressing the subject next post. Thank you for reading!

hey Jeri you should call Israeli consulate in Ga and tell them to take away my duel American/ Israeli citizenship because a dumb goy says i'm not Jewish!! :laugh2:

The dragon spits fire full of indignation against God and every one of his saints. - William Gurnall

hey Jeri you should call Israeli consulate in Ga and tell them to take away my duel American/ Israeli citizenship because a dumb goy says i'm not Jewish!! :laugh2:

If Israel gave you citizenship you should honor them by not siding with their enemies, Guno. If you won't do it as a Jew - you should at least do it as a citizen of their nation. Please let's return to the topic now. thank you.

Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me, he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

-Psalm 101:6

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities, who healeth all thy diseases.

-Psalm 103: 2,3

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame, he remembereth that we are dust.

-Psalm 103: 11,12,13,14

HEAR my voice, O God, in my prayer, preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked, from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity.
Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not. They encourage themselves in an evil matter, they commune of laying snares privily, they say Who shall see them?

They search out iniquities, they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.

But God shall shoot at them with an arrow, suddenly they shall be be wounded.

So shall they make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.

And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God, for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him, and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Psalm 64: 1-10

Yea, they shall wisely consider of his doing!

This is the Word of the LORD for 10/31/2014

Forum List

Back