Be Strong In The LORD

Let this exhort you, then, Christian, to petition God for the holy determination and bravery you must have to follow Christ. Without it you cannot be what you profess. The fearful are those who march for hell (Rev.21:8) the valiant are they who take heaven by force (Matt.11:12).
- William Gurnall

Cowards never heaven. Do not claim that you are begotten of God and have His royal blood running in your veins unless you can prove your lineage by this heroic spirit: To dare to be holy in spite of men and devils!

-William Gurnall

It is written:
Matthew 11 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence and violent people have been raiding it.
Context

[URL='http://biblehub.com/matthew/11.htm']Jesus Testifies about John

11"Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. 13"For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.…[/URL]

You should find great strength and encouragement in the knowledge that your commission is divine. God Himself underwrites your battle and has appointed His own Son "the captain of [your] salvation. (Hebrews 2:10) He will lead you on to the field with courage, and bring you off with honor. He lived and died for you, He will live and die with you.
-William Gurnall

Historians tell us Trajan tore his own clothes to bind up his soldiers wounds. The Bible tells us Christ poured out his very blood as balm to heal His saints' wounds, His flesh was torn to bind them up.

-William Gurnall

For bravery none compares with our Lord, He never turned his head from danger, not even when hell's hatred and heaven's justice appeared against Him. Knowing all that was about to happen, Jesus went forth and said, "Whom seek ye"? (John 18:14)

- William Gurnall

Satan couldn't over come Him - Our Savior never lost a battle, not even when He lost His life. He won the victory, carrying His spoils to heaven in the triumphant chariot of His ascension. There He makes an open show of them, to the unspeakable joy of saints and angels.

-William Gurnall

As part of Christ's army, you march in the ranks of gallant spirits. Every one of your fellow soldiers is the child of a King. Some, like you, are in the midst of a battle, besieged on every side by affliction and temptation. Others, after many assaults, repulses, and rallyings of their faith, are already standing on the wall of heaven as conquerors.
From there they look down and urge you, their comrades on earth, to march up the hill after them.
This is their cry: "Fight to the death and the City is your own, as now it ours!
For the waging of a few days' conflict, you will be rewarded with heaven's glory. One moment of this celestial joy will dry up your tears, heal all your wounds, and erase the sharpness of the fight with all the joy of your permanent victory!

- William Gurnall from Christian in Complete Armor - devotional for January 2

Last edited:
In scripture, girding implies strength,

"For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me"
- Psalm 18: 39

He weakeneth the strength of the mighty.
-Job 12:21

The integrity of the upright shall guide them, but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
-Proverbs 11:3

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
-Ephesians 6:24

He that walketh upright walketh surely,but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
-Proverbs 10:9

Jeremiah 23 29 Is not my word like fire declares the LORD and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces

Parallel Commentaries

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary23:23-32 Men cannot be hidden from God's all-seeing eye. Will they never see what judgments they prepare for themselves? Let them consider what a vast difference there is between these prophecies and those delivered by the true prophets of the Lord. Let them not call their foolish dreams Divine oracles. The promises of peace these prophets make are no more to be compared to God's promises than chaff to wheat. The unhumbled heart of man is like a rock; if not melted by the word of God as a fire, it will be broken to pieces by it as a hammer. How can they be long safe, or at all easy, who have a God of almighty power against them? The word of God is no smooth, lulling, deceitful message. And by its faithfulness it may certainly be distinguished from false doctrines.
So this is how you tell a false prophet from a true one. The false prophets will tell you that you cannot lose your salvation - there is no such thing as the judgment of God , no such thing as repentance, Jesus did it all and He wants you to be "happy, comfortable, claim a mansion, a BMW, all the blessings for your four and no more - the 103 ways to be happy without denying yourself, taking up your cross and following Jesus message. Look no further for such false prophets as Joseph Prince, Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Joel Hunter, Kenneth Copeland, TBN all one big happy family - but if you wish to follow Jesus Christ - look to the humble servants of God who left all to follow Christ and were imprisoned for 18 yrs and more - those who were tortured repeatedly for their faith such as Richard Wurmbrand - founder of Voice of the Martyrs, Dumitru Duduman founder of Hand of Help ministries - Orphanages to homeless children of Romania - or Brother Popov - Open Door Ministries - although the last one Open Door I have not heard who has taken over that ministry as Popov is in heaven with Wurmbrand and Dumitru Duduman - Dumitru Duduman smuggled over 1 million bibles into Russia during his life time and is one of the most humble servants of God I've ever known of - his grandson, Michael Boldea Jr. is continuing the ministry today and is a true servant of the LORD as well - notice none of these men have television shows - nor did they ever - none of them dressed in velvet suits with their hair poofed up - preaching lies to a gullible audience! They would never have any part of the world and lived very humbly to their deaths - none of them lived in mansions or had big bank accounts - they were faithful stewards of what God gave them - they preached the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and those who don't will attack men such as these. Satan is roaming about - still - seeking him he can devour - look out for the roaring lions..........

Last edited:
Stay on topic, Joe. Let me remind you again. Personal attacks and harrassment for the purpose of derailing a thread are against USMB rules. I'll be very happy to see Flacaltenn return. I am beginning to wonder why he has been gone so long. In the meantime, maybe someone else will point out the rules to you. Getting back on topic now - this morning we can open with Isaiah 54 and the promises of God to the believer.

Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

What a beautiful promise. There is more but first let's look up the bible hub scripture so we can see the scriptures that are set beside it. It is quite a powerful promise from the LORD and those who are graffed into the family of Abraham through salvation in Jesus Christ are given this promise. How wonderful the LORD is!

Here it is!

Isaiah 54 10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed says the LORD who has compassion on you.

Context

Future Blessings for Zion
9"For this is like the days of Noah to Me, When I swore that the waters of Noah Would not flood the earth again; So I have sworn that I will not be angry with you Nor will I rebuke you. 10"For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, And My covenant of peace will not be shaken," Says the LORD who has compassion on you. 11"O afflicted one, storm-tossed, and not comforted, Behold, I will set your stones in antimony, And your foundations I will lay in sapphires.…
Cross References
Hebrews 12:27
The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken--that is, created things--so that what cannot be shaken may remain.
Revelation 6:14
The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
Numbers 25:12
Therefore tell him I am making my covenant of peace with him.
2 Samuel 23:5
"If my house were not right with God, surely he would not have made with me an everlasting covenant, arranged and secured in every part; surely he would not bring to fruition my salvation and grant me my every desire.
Psalm 89:34
I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered.
This also appears to me to have a prophetic promise attached to it because we know that when all the nations rise up against Israel the judgment of God upon those nations includes a great shaking - a great earthquake - not to be mistaken with the increase of earthquakes, wars, rumours of wars as spoken of by Jesus Christ in Matthew 24 - but an earthquake like none other. An earthquake such as the world has never witnessed before.

Last edited:
Another promise we see in Isaiah 54 is found in verse 13,14. It is written:

And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD, and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror for it shall not come near thee. - Isaiah 54:13,14

In this passage I see two different promises going on - the children of the children of God will be taught of the LORD because our children follow in our footsteps - if they depart from the LORD they shall return because these are the promises of God given to the believer who is faithfully following Christ with their whole heart. It is something I've seen over and over again - the fullfilment of that promise - when Dumitru Duduman's father stayed faithful praying for his son to return to the LORD - as he was raised up in the ways of the LORD - he returned home to find his family praying for him and gave his life back to Jesus where he then served the LORD with all his heart - smuggling over 1 million bibles into Russia during his lifetime. He never had a TV show or a fancy house or big bank account or a basement with billions in Gold and expensive vehicles stored away - but that humble servant of God went to heaven and received his reward there instead! Just as scripture tells us to lay our treasure up in heaven - Dumitru did just that and his children and children's children have followed in his footsteps. The footsteps of a righteous man are ordered of God. Amen? Amen.

The second example of this scripture speaking to children is our spiritual children - those we lead to Jesus Christ - they are all taught of the LORD - scripture declares the Holy Spirit is our teacher - not any man - and they have no fear because there is no fear in Christ - God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. It is written. So again, this is the evidence of being a child of God. Our fearlessness is a sign of our salvation whereas the fearfulness of the wicked is a sign of their perdition. When they see the believer is fearless - we are like a flashing neon sign to them that reads - You're doomed. You are doomed!

So again we see the depths of Jesus Christ and the revelation of Jesus Christ so beautifully revealed in Isaiah and in this verse it is Isaiah 54: 13, 14. Yet there is still more.............

Returning back to verse 14 of Isaiah 54 we can add verse 15 to see yet another promise and revelation of God. Here it is:

In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression, for thou shalt not fear: and from terror, for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
- Isaiah 54:14,15

There are multiple messages in these two scriptures - but we can focus in on the message to the born again believer here - in Christ - your righteousness is established. The promises of God are yea and amen - you shall be far from oppression - you shalt not fear - that is a command - there are actually 365 fear not's in the bible - according to one preacher who did the research on that word - his thought was that with 365 fear not's that is one for every single day of the year - I would have to agree that that is quite amazing! In Psalm 91 we see that those who abide under the shadow of the Almighty do not need to fear - terror shall not come near them........yet we also see a thousand shall fall at thy side and ten thousand at thy right side - and that would appear "close" would it not? Yet watch what God said about that....... He said, Only with your eyes shall you see the reward of the wicked. You see the wicked are God's sword - it is written in Psalm 17 - look it up - in the meantime lets look at the verse 15 - what does it say? Behold! LOOK! They shall surely gather together, but not by me! Who is they? The wicked! What shall they do? Gather together! Is the LORD gathering them together against you? NO! Who is gathering them against you? Satan! Who is he gathering against you? The wicked! Now watch this....... what does the LORD say about the outcome on that one?

He says.......... Whosoever gathers together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Wow, wow, wow! Have you ever looked up the word "whosoever"? It means ANYONE. ANYONE who gathers together against us? Is going to fall for our sake. God says, For your sake? I'm going to make those who gather against you fall. If God says your enemies are going to fall? Guess what, beloved? Your enemies are going to fall. This is not a hope, a wringing the hands maybe, this is a guarantee 100% iron clad agreement between God Almighty and His children. Understood? Believe the Word of God and do not doubt it. Do not ever doubt God. God keeps His Word. You continue to abide under the shadow of the Almighty and Psalm 91 is going to come to pass in your life. Isaiah 54: 13,14,15 is going to come to pass in your life. These are the promises of God and they are yea and amen. If you are away from God and desiring to return - we are about to get to that because the LORD has promises for you as well - and they are all good.

In verse 16 of Isaiah 16 we read the following:

Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. - Isaiah 54:16

See that? God created the waster to destroy. Not man - not some entity out there in outer space - God did this. God is in full control, Beloved. God is in full control. Never doubt it. God is in control.

Read Psalm 17 and make that your life. Read it today. The book of Psalms is on this religion forum - look up Psalm 17 and see what it says!

Now lets look at VERSE 17. Of Isaiah 54.......

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise up against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

What does verse 17 mean? It means that if you are servant of the Most High God you have the authority to condemn the tongues of those that rise up in judgment against you. In fact, it says thou shalt condemn those tongues - not might, not maybe but thou shalt do it. It is the duty of the servant to obey the Master - and the Master is Jesus Christ. My righteousness is of Jesus Christ, not my own. I have the righteousness of Christ because I am washed in the Blood of Jesus Christ and am a born again believer and a servant of the Most High God. This is my heritage. It belongs to me and as it belongs to me - it's mine. If you are washed in the blood of Jesus Christ - a born again believer according to Romans 10: 9,10 and are serving the LORD then this is your heritage, Christian. The authority in Luke 10: 19 is yours also. Use it.

What if you say to yourself - well that is for those who have been living for the LORD a long time, serving the LORD for a time but it isn't for me. I've been living wickedly and doing wicked things and the LORD does not mean me! Oh! Is there good news for you today! Wait until you hear this!!!

What comes right after the promises to the servants of God? 17 is the last verse in Chapter 54 of Isaiah. What comes next? Isaiah 55! Verse 1 begins with this! Listen up!

Ho, everyone that thirsteth come ye to the waters and he that hath no money, come ye, buy and eat, yea, come, buy wine, and milk without money and without price.
Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labor for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
Incline your ear and come unto me, hear, and your soul shall live, and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Behold, I have given him for a witness of the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.

Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous his thoughts, and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

- Isaiah 55: 1 - 7

What a promise! Are you away from the LORD? Today is the day to return! Have you not come to the LORD yet and know you are living wickedly and that apart from Christ you have no hope? That you will perish? Why not turn from your wickedness now and live? Why not repent of your sins and come out of whatever you are into and call upon the Lord Jesus Christ! The LORD will forgive all sin - no matter how awful - there is great mercy at the foot of the cross! Great mercy! What do you think Isaiah 53 is all about? It is the prophecy of Jesus Christ and throughout Isaiah we see Jesus reaching out his nail pierced hands to you saying Come! All you who are weary and heavy laden with burdens? Come!

The yoke of Jesus is light. The yoke of Satan is brutal and heavy. His goal is to destroy you. Anyone in Satanism who has come out will tell you that had they not come out they would have been killed. It is only a matter of time because in that world they turn on one another for no reason at all - there is no love or unity of love for one another in Satan's kingdom - only in the kingdom of God will you find the love of the brethren - will you find believers praying for one another, interceding for one another - you will never find that in Satan because all mankind has been made in the image of God and he despises God. He hates man because man was created in God's image so the truth is Satan hates those who serve him faithfully and one day when they least expect it - perhaps even this October 31st he will turn the tables on some of them and kill them - then in hell the demons will mock these deceived ones and tell them they deserve the horrific torments and punishments they will receive for all eternity because they believed Satan's lies - they believed they would be rewarded for serving him and thought he would keep his word to them to reward them with immortality, fame, wealth or later he would reward them in hell for their faithful service - but there are no virtues in hell.

Satan has no virtues. Satan does not keep his word. Satan does not keep his promises of reward. Satan has no virtues of honesty, keeping a vow or a pledge, Satan is using people only to draw them into eternal destruction! Satan does not keep his word!'

Who keeps His Word? God keeps His Word! Read John 3:16 - the invitation is to Whosoever!!
Jesus Christ says, Come unto me! Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through the Son. No man. No one. You must be born again. It is written.

Jesus Christ speaks through Isaiah and says Seek the LORD while he may be found! Call upon him while he is near! Let the wicked forsake his way! And the unrighteous man his thoughts! And let him return to the LORD! And He will have mercy upon him! And to our God! And he will Abundantly Pardon!!! Read it! It is all there, Beloved! What are you waiting for? For it to be too late? No!

Today is the day of Salvation! Today! Come to Jesus Today! Tomorrow may be too late for you! Come to Jesus Christ today!

Repent of your sins! Turn from your wickedness and live. Choose life! Choose Jesus Christ TODAY.

Last edited:
I pray that the LORD bless every single person who listens to this song and is willing to receive Jesus Christ today as their LORD and Savior. In Jesus name, I believe many shall come! MANY!

Forum List

Back