Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

Is fear the reason that you wear a seat belt? (I started wearing seat belts before the law said I had to)
Is fear a reason that you have a first aid kit?
Is fear the reason that you got an education?

of course it is but fear of criminals and liberals is apparently not legitimate??????

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Where does fear enter into people's Right to protect themselves? I would say packing a concealed weapon would empower that person the exact opposite way. The power to defend oneself from criminals with unregistered firearms is hardly an idea which derives itself from fear. If you want to be a victim... More power to you, but it doesn't give you the Right to tell others that they must be victims as well.

Is fear the reason that you wear a seat belt? (I started wearing seat belts before the law said I had to)

of course it is but fear of criminals and liberals is apparently not legitimate??????

You are affraid of an accident every time you get in a car?
You consciously fear getting hurt so much you got a first aid kit?
You went to school because you were affraid not to?

I really feel sorry for you.
I don't fear criminals - at least not yet. I have never had one in my home or threaten me on the street. Why should I fear something I have not experienced?
I do have one fear - Acrophobia - but I work on it all the time and I am winning that battle over fear.

I don't fear criminals - at least not yet. I have never had one in my home or threaten me on the street. Why should I fear something I have not experienced?
I do have one fear - Acrophobia - but I work on it all the time and I am winning that battle over fear.

too stupid, do you have a fear of cancer?? Do you stop smoking to prevent it or never start out of fear?? A women who has never been raped should not be fearful of walking into a dark alley?? She should win the battle over fear??????y??????????????????

See why we say slow???

croc-wildebeest_2049439i.jpg

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

And taking precautions helps the fear go away. Of course, hunters aren't really afraid of the animals, they are just hungry. And, of course, criminals kill for fun and they don't want witnesses to other crimes they commit. There are governments who fear their people, so they disarm them and then thin out the population.

Yea, fear is likely the number one reason for those who truly do want to feel safe.

I am sure that Obama and his family rest easy knowing that men with guns surround them 24/7. I guess Obama and the Dems think they are the only ones who need protection or the only ones who deserve peace of mind. The rest of us should be content just dying if we find ourselves pursued by some maniac. Of course, sometimes the leaders of countries are the maniacs, so we should never listen to any who talk about gun control.

too stupid, do you have a fear of cancer?? Do you stop smoking to prevent it or never start out of fear?? A women who has never been raped should not be fearful of walking into a dark alley?? She should win the battle over fear??????y??????????????????

See why we say slow???

I don't remember saying those things - you are connecting subject matter that is yours with what I said and it doesn't correlate. I will however take the time to answer your questions:

I don't have a fear of cancer... whether I smoke or not a fear of cancer has never been a part of my life.
A woman should never walk into a dark alley, no one should walk into a dark alley - I wouldn't; especially if I was carrying a gun. It is stupid to put yourself into a situation that causes fear and even more stupid to put yourself into a situation that might require the use of a gun to defend yourself. You should try to stay out of situations that cause you fear - then you aren'nt fearful.

I do see why you say slow but I don't think it applies - you're just uneducated or misinformed, not slow.

Why should I fear something I have not experienced?

I don't have a fear of cancer... whether I smoke or not a fear of cancer has never been a part of my life.

dear we were talking about people, not you!! Most people fear cancer because they know there is a 50% chance it will kill them!
Sorry but thats the way human nature is!! Those who live naturally fear death!

You should try to stay out of situations that cause you fear - then you aren'nt fearful.

as I said, life causes fear of death, especially a long slow cancerous death. Its a situation you cant stay out of.

.[/QUOTE]

Forum List

Back