Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

And another SCOTUS decision, guns only apply to "well-regulated militias" again.

Even Heller admitted that some kinds of guns can be limited and controlled... It's why you can't get that 88MM Howitzer you've had your eye on.

88mm Howitzer is not a gun ?

Second Amendment doesn't say anything about "guns".

It says "Arms".

As far as nomenclatures, a howitzer is referred to as a "gun", while an M-16 is referred to as a "rifle".

SCOTUS cleared it up.

88mm Howitzer is not in common usage.

By the way, the conservatives who slashed the shit out of mental health budgets so rich people could have dressage ponies are just as culpable as the leftists who made it harder to institutionalize them.

Yes it is Ann Romney's fault.

Intellectually empty.

And another SCOTUS decision, guns only apply to "well-regulated militias" again.

Even Heller admitted that some kinds of guns can be limited and controlled... It's why you can't get that 88MM Howitzer you've had your eye on.

88mm Howitzer is not a gun ?

Second Amendment doesn't say anything about "guns".

It says "Arms".

As far as nomenclatures, a howitzer is referred to as a "gun", while an M-16 is referred to as a "rifle".

"This is my Rifle..
This is my Gun
This is for Killing
This is for fun!"

(Anyone in the service knows what that was about.)

[ame=http://youtu.be/UCcbftRTZKI]20090725 - SFC (Ret) George Hayden US Army - Stack Arms - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/NBah7dVzIOw]The 124th NYSV present Stacking Arms - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/KnNK3Z0C4Ys]1764 Manual of Arms - YouTube[/ame]

By the way, the conservatives who slashed the shit out of mental health budgets so rich people could have dressage ponies are just as culpable as the leftists who made it harder to institutionalize them.

Yes it is Ann Romney's fault.

Intellectually empty.

The point went over your head, obviously.

But it usually does.

The important thing is that Ann Got her Dressage Pony, not that all those folks were sleeping on grates instead of a warm bed.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Say you're right....What the fuck is it to you?

I am right. And it's nothing to me as long as you admit that the reason your carry is because you're scared shitless.

I wonder who whould be more afraid if someone was shooting at you.

You with a gun.

You without a gun.

The focus on the weapons is a moot point. Our gun culture has existed since the beginning of the republic without lone wolf sociopaths committing mass murder till the last couple of decades.
Our attention should be on why our culture has been breeding these nutcases The guns are out there, and the government will never get them.That is the reality, regardless of opinion.
The role of the failed drug war, media and gaming obsessed with violent imagery, the failed mental health system, an overly permissive society, a general victim mentality perpetrated by a culture obsessed with political correctness would be some of the many root causes to maybe investigate.
Guess it's just easier to blame the gun as personal responsibility is no longer relevant.

That's probably what Nancy Lanza thought... until her kid shot her with it.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

And your 90% more likely to break your neck in a bathtub.

The thing is, I need to take a bath.

I don't need to own a gun. and neither do you.

You don't need to take a bath in fact people haven't had bathtubs for most of our existence but people have always had weapons.

Say you're right....What the fuck is it to you?

I am right. And it's nothing to me as long as you admit that the reason your carry is because you're scared shitless.

I wonder who whould be more afraid if someone was shooting at you.

You with a gun.

You without a gun.

LucyGoosey would talk to the shooter, determine the root causes for his violence, and then get him to lay down his gun. Then they'd bake cookies and sing Joan Baez songs.

why our culture has been breeding these nutcases

simple, because we are not Republican semi-authoritarian social conservatives as we were back in the 1950's.

most of the nutcases come from lliberal broken homes; that's number 1 I'd say.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

People here hunt for food.

we were given the right to bear arms not for fear of crime primarily, but for fear of liberals. After all we had just used arms to gain our freedom!!

why our culture has been breeding these nutcases

simple, because we are not Republican semi-authoritarian social conservatives as we were back in the 1950's.

most of the nutcases come from lliberal broken homes; that's number 1 I'd say.

Having Mom and Dad at home would help immensely.

yes two supportive, present and loving parents would be incredible, but the old marriage and till death do you part culture got old to liberals.

Its so much better now that we've adopt the whole liberal family values agenda: no fault divorce, abortion, welfare, and feminism.

FEAR

And if FEAR is the reason why Americans carry a gun, can they explain why they feel the need to protect themselves against their OWN PEOPLE?

FEAR

And if FEAR is the reason why Americans carry a gun, can they explain why they feel the need to protect themselves against their OWN PEOPLE?

A lot of people here are not Americans, and they are here illegally.

Imagine what it would be like if Africans could walk across the Indian Ocean to come visit you in your home Down Under.

FEAR

Imagine what it would be like if Africans could walk across the Indian Ocean to come visit you in your home Down Under.

Why should I be afraid? Unless they pose a threat to me, I would have no reason to feel fear.

Why should I be afraid? Unless they pose a threat to me, I would have no reason to feel fear.

Obviously you lack imagination.

Ok, then remain unarmed.

FEAR

People here hunt for food.
Because they're AFRAID of running out of deer meat!!

:lmao:

Forum List

Back