BAU releases profile of killer in the murder of Evansdale, Iowa girls

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The FBI has released a profile of the unknown subject who killed two Evansdale, Iowa, girls. Their murders have gone unsolved since 2012. The FBI profilers believe it's a local guy who probably blends in to society and likely went through some crisis shortly before the murders. It's no surprise that it would be a local person since outsiders wouldn't know the area well. This guy knew the park was secluded and would have to have known his way around.

Evansdale isn't a big hub. Other than locals, it's mostly truckers that park at the truck stops just off 20. They do have fishing lakes close, but they never seem as busy as other places. Most people go by the Evansdale exit on their way to Waterloo. I like to go to Arby's there when I get out of Waterloo because it's never as busy in Evansdale as it is in the city. Not sure how big the town is, but from what I can see, it's not a real big town. I hope all the locals there are giving some serious thought to the profile. I'd rather see the FBI inundated with calls that don't pan out than to have people not get involved.

I think the profile would fit a lot of people, though maybe if they are right about the guy changing his appearance or redoing his vehicle, it might tip someone off. Let's hope.

I live fairly close to the area and it's just so disturbing that someone could do that to these young girls. To think that the person is around somewhere is frightening. Anyone capable of such violence would do it again if he had the chance.

Investigators Release Suspect Profile in Murder of Evansdale Cousins whotv.com

Last edited:
Yes, it is frustrating. I think that murders in smaller towns often go unsolved simply because the police don't have experience when it comes to murder cases. That is a good thing in a way because it means they don't have high crime in their towns, but it also means that inexperienced law enforcement are dealing with it and if they mess up or miss something, it's too late by the time other help is called in. I wonder if any evidence was missed initially. There is a reward for information leading to an arrest. Sad part is that the money would go to someone who does know something and kept quiet all this time. The area here is mostly smaller towns and even the cities aren't that big compared to most. Someone must know something, especially if it is a local person who committed this crime. Whoever knows something might be a relative or friend and they are just reticent to report it. I can't imagine protecting the person who could murder children, but it happens.

I just hope someone comes forward. If this guy did this once, he'll do it again. I have family, with children, in the area and worry knowing this guy is still out there.

Yes, it is frustrating. I think that murders in smaller towns often go unsolved simply because the police don't have experience when it comes to murder cases. That is a good thing in a way because it means they don't have high crime in their towns, but it also means that inexperienced law enforcement are dealing with it and if they mess up or miss something, it's too late by the time other help is called in. I wonder if any evidence was missed initially. There is a reward for information leading to an arrest. Sad part is that the money would go to someone who does know something and kept quiet all this time. The area here is mostly smaller towns and even the cities aren't that big compared to most. Someone must know something, especially if it is a local person who committed this crime. Whoever knows something might be a relative or friend and they are just reticent to report it. I can't imagine protecting the person who could murder children, but it happens.

I just hope someone comes forward. If this guy did this once, he'll do it again. I have family, with children, in the area and worry knowing this guy is still out there.
I can sympathize but budget constraints means that cops spend more time generating dubious ticket revenues in order to be paid and less time doing their job and training to do their job better. Unhappily this and other problems get bigger as the force gets smaller.

The FBI has released a profile of the unknown subject who killed two Evansdale, Iowa, girls. Their murders have gone unsolved since 2012. The FBI profilers believe it's a local guy who probably blends in to society and likely went through some crisis shortly before the murders. It's no surprise that it would be a local person since outsiders wouldn't know the area well. This guy knew the park was secluded and would have to have known his way around.

Evansdale isn't a big hub. Other than locals, it's mostly truckers that park at the truck stops just off 20. They do have fishing lakes close, but they never seem as busy as other places. Most people go by the Evansdale exit on their way to Waterloo. I like to go to Arby's there when I get out of Waterloo because it's never as busy in Evansdale as it is in the city. Not sure how big the town is, but from what I can see, it's not a real big town. I hope all the locals there are giving some serious thought to the profile. I'd rather see the FBI inundated with calls that don't pan out than to have people not get involved.

I think the profile would fit a lot of people, though maybe if they are right about the guy changing his appearance or redoing his vehicle, it might tip someone off. Let's hope.

I live fairly close to the area and it's just so disturbing that someone could do that to these young girls. To think that the person is around somewhere is frightening. Anyone capable of such violence would do it again if he had the chance.

I thought profiling was bad and stuff?

I thought profiling was bad and stuff?

Only when people don't like the results. Profiling criminals is the best way to catch them. Of course, in this case, the BAU is looking at all the evidence known to police and determining some things about a likely suspect. Police are trained to profile on the spot and experienced ones can tell when someone is likely up to something. Since the left is objecting, police are apparently expected to look the other way if the suspect is a certain race.

Remember when Arizona wanted to get tough on illegals and the left accused them of racial profiling. They claimed that Hispanic families would be harassed if they went out for ice cream. Truth is that police know certain areas where illegals hang out and they are places where decent families wouldn't venture.

There is an illegal alien trying to sue for big bucks (of course that means suing tax payers) right now because he was bit by one of the guard dogs that border patrol have on duty. The guy claimed that the area he was in was 'controlled by the cartels' so border agents had no business there. Funny how our own government put up signs declaring areas of our country danger zones and pretty much let the cartels rule there.

Back to this case, it seems unbelievable that police don't have more to go on, but I seriously think that they are inexperienced. Reminds me of the way the Boulder police handled the Jon Benet Ramsey case. They made mistakes from the get go and probably lost the chance to solve it.

The Evansdale case is 2 years old and likely will remain unsolved unless someone knows something and is willing to share. $150,000 is pretty good incentive so I hope someone comes forth.

I am from that area originally, I remember that case in the news.

I am from that area originally, I remember that case in the news.

Wow, a fellow Iowan.

Waterloo has more than it's share of crime, but Evansdale always seemed much safer. It was probably normal for children, like Lyric and Elizabeth, to ride around towns on their bikes on their own.

Forum List

Back