Baseball Season around the Corner

Will this be the year the Chicago Cubs win it all?

• Yes

• No

• Pineapple

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Expos ( Nationals ) are a good team in the East and no one should count them out. They have the core group but Dusty Baker has a bad habit of ruining arms ( remember Chicago ), so who knows.

It will be either the Nationals or the Mets in the East and Pirates and Cubs in the Central and Dodgers, Giants and D-Backs in the west when it come to the National League. Too bad the Nationals messed it up with Bud Black and thought they should have went after former Cubs manager Renteria as second choice over Dusty Baker. ( I really dislike Baker since his days with the Giants and was mad when they brought him in for the Cubs )
We lost Black because the Orioles are robbing us blind and the lawsuit is going nowhere. So we had to scale back on our manager. If that's not corrected I dread the day it's time to start resigning negotiations with Harper.

I thought it was a mistake to move the team to D.C. and thought it should have went to San Antonio or Memphis where Baseball will thrive, but they wanted to give D.C. another chance, and let hope all that mess get fix or you will be the White Soxs of that region.

It was a mistake - DC Sports are cursed.
I used to go to RFK Stadium and there would be more players and ballpark employees than fans.You could sit behind the dugout and hear the players talking to each other.

that's why we like going to Potomac Nationals games in Woodbridge. You get to see future players and talk to them. Very intimate, but still good food, and very inexpensive.

The Potomac Nats are a great experience. I remember when they were the Prince William Canons

We lost Black because the Orioles are robbing us blind and the lawsuit is going nowhere. So we had to scale back on our manager. If that's not corrected I dread the day it's time to start resigning negotiations with Harper.

I thought it was a mistake to move the team to D.C. and thought it should have went to San Antonio or Memphis where Baseball will thrive, but they wanted to give D.C. another chance, and let hope all that mess get fix or you will be the White Soxs of that region.

It was a mistake - DC Sports are cursed.
I used to go to RFK Stadium and there would be more players and ballpark employees than fans.You could sit behind the dugout and hear the players talking to each other.

that's why we like going to Potomac Nationals games in Woodbridge. You get to see future players and talk to them. Very intimate, but still good food, and very inexpensive.

The Potomac Nats are a great experience. I remember when they were the Prince William Canons

They had some big name players play for them..... throughout history.....

cant start baseball talk till march,thank god that sport is much harder to rig the games than football is.that is what I will start off with till i return in march.:biggrin:

and the cubs arent ready yet,they only beat the cards because they had many injurys going into the playoffs.

Which team will win the 2016 World Series?

I am betting on the Cubs.

They have a more improved lineup with Heyward and Zobrist added to the team and subtracting Castro and his poor infield defense.

Their rotation is much stronger with Lackey and bringing back Arrieta ( Cy Young winner ), Lester, Hendricks, and Hammel.

Their pen is strong with the addition of Warren that they got from the Castro trade.

The question mark toe me will be Kyle Schwarber and his poor defense in LF and was he really ready for the jump he made?

Also will Soler be healthy for the entire season, and will Bryant be one of the few young player not to have a sophomore slump?

But the biggest question after you read this will be how fast Bonzi kills me for bumping her poll again?

I think I am going to have to go with 107 years of failure on this one

What happened in 1908

Teddy Roosevelt is President
Wireless radio demonstrated
Wright Brothers demonstrate their plane in France
Henry Ford builds first Model T
Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid killed in Bolivia
Cubs win last World Series

I think you have to have the Cubs as the favorites. Yes they're the Cubs, but Joe Madden has the stones to coach his team into overcoming that.

As for my team this the first time in years I'm down on my Nats. I don't know what to expect from them this year.

The Expos ( Nationals ) are a good team in the East and no one should count them out. They have the core group but Dusty Baker has a bad habit of ruining arms ( remember Chicago ), so who knows.

It will be either the Nationals or the Mets in the East and Pirates and Cubs in the Central and Dodgers, Giants and D-Backs in the west when it come to the National League. Too bad the Nationals messed it up with Bud Black and thought they should have went after former Cubs manager Renteria as second choice over Dusty Baker. ( I really dislike Baker since his days with the Giants and was mad when they brought him in for the Cubs )
The Nats' problem begins and ends with the GM. What a piece of something not nearly as knowledgeable about personality and personnel as he thinks.

I think you have to have the Cubs as the favorites. Yes they're the Cubs, but Joe Madden has the stones to coach his team into overcoming that.

As for my team this the first time in years I'm down on my Nats. I don't know what to expect from them this year.

The Nats' problem begins and ends with the GM. What a piece of something not nearly as knowledgeable about personality and personnel as he thinks.
Yeah I used to really like Rizzo but he's been sabotaging the team the last few seasons. And why in the flying fuck is Papelbon still on the team?!

Yeah I used to really like Rizzo but he's been sabotaging the team the last few seasons. And why in the flying fuck is Papelbon still on the team?!
I realized that Rizzo is all about Rizzo and not the team's welfare when he would not discuss an extension o Jim Riggleman's contract as manager, saying he would wait until after the season. Everyone in the world knew that Rizzo had no intention of even keeping Riggleman as manager and would dismiss him. Riggleman quit, and I thinkRizzo has had him blackballed as a manager ever since.

I realized that Rizzo is all about Rizzo and not the team's welfare when he would not discuss an extension o Jim Riggleman's contract as manager, saying he would wait until after the season. Everyone in the world knew that Rizzo had no intention of even keeping Riggleman as manager and would dismiss him. Riggleman quit, and I thinkRizzo has had him blackballed as a manager ever since.
Possibly. I'm ready to move on. He got lucky with a few draft picks and has been a total disaster in free agency.

as I was saying before when this thread was first made in early february,it was too early then to be talking about baseball but with spring break in session now,now is the time to start talking about it. Cant wait for the season opener to begin for my world series champion KANSAS CITY ROYALS.Man that has such a nice ring to it world series champions after being the joke of MLB for the last 30 years.

it will be fun to watch the season opener because they play none other than their opponent from the world series,the Mets.How clever that was for MLB to schedule them for that.:clap2::up: well be interesting to see if my royals can repeat this year.Glad to see they got Gordon back.I was worried about that for a while if he would leave.the royals would still be a good team without him,however he has played here in kc his entire career so it would have been heartbreaking to see him leavem,thank god thats not happening.he will be a royal for life thank god.

KC is a fine team. I am happy with my Dodgers' opportunities but also excited that the Giants and the Diamondbacks have improved dramatically personnel wise. I suspect the MLB West will be the best division. Let's hope the season will be super.

KC is a fine team. I am happy with my Dodgers' opportunities but also excited that the Giants and the Diamondbacks have improved dramatically personnel wise. I suspect the MLB West will be the best division. Let's hope the season will be super.

I agree...

The west has improved and never count the Giants out. KC is the team to be in the AL. The O's are in a weird place when they messed up on the Fowler signing.

I see the Nationals winning the East, the Cubs in the Central, and Giants in the West while the Pirates and Dodgers clinch a wildcard.

In the AL I am putting the Yankees in the East, Royals in the Central, and Rangers in the west while the Indians and Blue Jays clinch a wildcard spot.

The team that will have a hard year will be the Cardinals because of injuries and losing Heyward and Lackey in free agency...

Almost opening day, and it will be a fun year.

Dusty Baker will win the Manager of the Year this year because he will turn the Nationals around but the Nationals will be out quickly in the playoffs.

Cubs and Yankees World Series with Cubs taking it in six games and Joe Maddon and the Team will be forever remember as the greatest Cubs team ever, and Starlin Castro will be the one that will cost the Yankees the championship...

I agree...

The west has improved and never count the Giants out. KC is the team to be in the AL. The O's are in a weird place when they messed up on the Fowler signing.

I see the Nationals winning the East, the Cubs in the Central, and Giants in the West while the Pirates and Dodgers clinch a wildcard.

In the AL I am putting the Yankees in the East, Royals in the Central, and Rangers in the west while the Indians and Blue Jays clinch a wildcard spot.

The team that will have a hard year will be the Cardinals because of injuries and losing Heyward and Lackey in free agency...

Almost opening day, and it will be a fun year.

Dusty Baker will win the Manager of the Year this year because he will turn the Nationals around but the Nationals will be out quickly in the playoffs.

Cubs and Yankees World Series with Cubs taking it in six games and Joe Maddon and the Team will be forever remember as the greatest Cubs team ever, and Starlin Castro will be the one that will cost the Yankees the championship...
sure hope you are right about the Cubs making it to the world series and winning it all.

My dream matchup would be to see the Cubs and Royals in the series.was pulling for that last year because one would be assured of winning it all.Now that the royals won it,it would not be near as exciting as last year to see them.I of course cant root against the royals but i would be completely okay with it if the cubs beat the royals in the series,they won it last year.winning the series again after a long 30 year drought will last me another 30 years again.:biggrin:

Dodgers blue four games over the Royals in the World Series.

Will never happen. as you well know,I LOVE LA and if the Cubs did not make it i would love to see either the Bucs or the Dodgers in it,either one would be awesome,but the dodgers have the same problem the Royals did a couple of years ago,a strong pitching staff but no offense. The Dodgers are always one and done in the playoffs every year same as marty shittenheimer always was because of the same problem,great defense,but no offense.

Ah, I see agent 9-11 is involved in a conspiracy against the Dodgers this year. The Dodgers will do well and agent 9-11 will be sad and I will :itsok:.

Dodgers blue four games over the Royals in the World Series.

The Dodgers will have a hard enough time getting past the Giants, and I believe if the Cubs do not make it to the World Series for the National League then it will be the Giants...

No matter what the National League will win the title this year...

Now will Theo Epstein stay with the Cubs as their President of Operations or will he leave to rebuild another team?

Ah, I see agent 9-11 is involved in a conspiracy against the Dodgers this year. The Dodgers will do well and agent 9-11 will be sad and I will :itsok:.
whatever you say disinfo agent jake.:rolleyes:
It's OK agent 9-11 it really is.
itsok.gif

Forum List

Back