Kyle Schwarber out for the season:

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
A few days back Left Fielder for the Chicago Cubs Kyle Schwarber collided with Center Fielder Dextor Fowler which resulted in a season end injury.

The injury was to his knee and it is a torn ACL and LCL which if anyone has had a strained or torn ACL would know how painful it is and the time to recover from it, and I have torn my twice and strained once before the two tears.

The recovery time for me was six months to a year for the two tears with rehab, and I still walk with a slight limp.

Now what happened to Kyle Schwarber was a ACL and LCL which mean any chance of him catching for the Chicago Cubs will not happen, and his outfield playing days might be over.

This young man was consider to be a prized prospect for hitting and with the type of injury he sustained will most likely limit his power ability.

His defense ability was average to below average and now is most likely not even going to be consider.

If Kyle Schwarber make it back to Major League Baseball he will have to be regulated to First Base or DH which mean the Cubs will have to move him because there is no way he will ever be able to catch or run the outfield again.

I hope the kid makes it back because his power potential was Ruth like, and he was part of the 2015 Cubs run, but the chances of him ever being the same is unlikely.

Thanks for reading and God Cubs!

Cubs' Kyle Schwarber out for year with ACL tear

I saw that play live. Every time outfielders collide I cringe, it's one of the most dangerous things that can happen in sports, no pads, and no idea the hit is coming. I have seen athletes recover from torn ACLs and he is not necessarily done as an outfielder especially him being so young. Let's hope for the best for him he is a great talent.

Outfielders don't need pads. They need to communicate. The guy who calls the ball, catches it. The guy who didn't call the ball gets out of the way.

• Banned
I saw that play live. Every time outfielders collide I cringe, it's one of the most dangerous things that can happen in sports, no pads, and no idea the hit is coming. I have seen athletes recover from torn ACLs and he is not necessarily done as an outfielder especially him being so young. Let's hope for the best for him he is a great talent.

It is the LCL injury that make me question if he will recover and be able to play the outfield.

Like I wrote I have sustained a ACL injury myself and recovered, and all three times was during a sporting event where it was involving a dead sprint.

His age is something that is positive but he was never a great defender even though he is very athletic like Bryant ( Cubs third baseman ), and I will be very surprise if he ever catches behind the plate again...

With all that written let hope for the best and did you enjoy the game?

I'm a Diamondbacks fan so it wasn't the best game for me. That being said, I believe that with the lineup that the Cubs have, this is their year. Schwarber, Fowler and Bryant are my favorite players on the Cubs but the whole team just looks stacked to me.

Forum List

Back