Baseball Season around the Corner

Will this be the year the Chicago Cubs win it all?

• Yes

• No

• Pineapple

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
Which team will win the 2016 World Series?

I am betting on the Cubs.

They have a more improved lineup with Heyward and Zobrist added to the team and subtracting Castro and his poor infield defense.

Their rotation is much stronger with Lackey and bringing back Arrieta ( Cy Young winner ), Lester, Hendricks, and Hammel.

Their pen is strong with the addition of Warren that they got from the Castro trade.

The question mark toe me will be Kyle Schwarber and his poor defense in LF and was he really ready for the jump he made?

Also will Soler be healthy for the entire season, and will Bryant be one of the few young player not to have a sophomore slump?

But the biggest question after you read this will be how fast Bonzi kills me for bumping her poll again?

• Banned
Solid points. I counter with "they're still the Cubs".

That is the only sticking point there but as I have said to friends this is not our Fathers Cubs, and it is a New Era with that team. Their run last season with only one dominate starter ( Jake Arrieta ) and to finish with 97 wins was amazing as can be, but the Cubs have been known to get their fan base hopes up and then fail at the end.

I believe the team has too many good young players to infuse and Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer have done a wonderful job rebuilding a farm system that was so depleted that a Cubs fan best prospect back when Jim Hendry was GM would have been Logan Watkins or Josh Vitters.

• Banned
But the Cubs are . . . the Cubs. Enough said.

LA Dodgers are powerful. So are KC, Toronto, and the Mets.

Mets have the pitching no doubt but do they have the hitting to win it all?

With David Murphy gone the big question is their hitting.

Royals will be a force but the Dodgers lost their ace and I do not believe they are better than the Giants or Diamondbacks at this point.

• Banned
I think you have to have the Cubs as the favorites. Yes they're the Cubs, but Joe Madden has the stones to coach his team into overcoming that.

As for my team this the first time in years I'm down on my Nats. I don't know what to expect from them this year.

The Expos ( Nationals ) are a good team in the East and no one should count them out. They have the core group but Dusty Baker has a bad habit of ruining arms ( remember Chicago ), so who knows.

It will be either the Nationals or the Mets in the East and Pirates and Cubs in the Central and Dodgers, Giants and D-Backs in the west when it come to the National League. Too bad the Nationals messed it up with Bud Black and thought they should have went after former Cubs manager Renteria as second choice over Dusty Baker. ( I really dislike Baker since his days with the Giants and was mad when they brought him in for the Cubs )

Royals will be a force but the Dodgers lost their ace and I do not believe they are better than the Giants or Diamondbacks at this point.
The Dodgers have Kershaw and seven to eight other starters that are capable of winning at least ten games and as many as fifteen. If the bums can put together a functioning pitching staff, they will be very hard to beat.

• Banned

The Dodgers have Kershaw and seven to eight other starters that are capable of winning at least ten games and as many as fifteen. If the bums can put together a functioning pitching staff, they will be very hard to beat.

Dodgers and Cubs both have the talent but the x-factor is Joe Maddon like Old School pointed out and the question will be if Dave Roberts has the brains to run the Dodgers and get them to a World Series. The loss of Zach will hurt the Dodgers.

upload_2016-2-8_17-52-24.png

I think you have to have the Cubs as the favorites. Yes they're the Cubs, but Joe Madden has the stones to coach his team into overcoming that.

As for my team this the first time in years I'm down on my Nats. I don't know what to expect from them this year.

The Expos ( Nationals ) are a good team in the East and no one should count them out. They have the core group but Dusty Baker has a bad habit of ruining arms ( remember Chicago ), so who knows.

It will be either the Nationals or the Mets in the East and Pirates and Cubs in the Central and Dodgers, Giants and D-Backs in the west when it come to the National League. Too bad the Nationals messed it up with Bud Black and thought they should have went after former Cubs manager Renteria as second choice over Dusty Baker. ( I really dislike Baker since his days with the Giants and was mad when they brought him in for the Cubs )
We lost Black because the Orioles are robbing us blind and the lawsuit is going nowhere. So we had to scale back on our manager. If that's not corrected I dread the day it's time to start resigning negotiations with Harper.

We lost Black because the Orioles are robbing us blind and the lawsuit is going nowhere. So we had to scale back on our manager. If that's not corrected I dread the day it's time to start resigning negotiations with Harper.

I thought it was a mistake to move the team to D.C. and thought it should have went to San Antonio or Memphis where Baseball will thrive, but they wanted to give D.C. another chance, and let hope all that mess get fix or you will be the White Soxs of that region.

Your poll is short

Awww, it is not the size that matters, well that is what a cousin of mine told me once, and I told him his poll must have been short.

You know that was the first time I heard a bunch of profanity in consecutive order, and his mother ( my favorite auntie ) cracked a smile and started to laugh when she heard what I originally said to him.

So as you whip out that yard stick to measure my poll size just remember to use the centimeter side of a ruler instead to give me the false sense I am larger than I actually am... :)

I thought it was a mistake to move the team to D.C. and thought it should have went to San Antonio or Memphis where Baseball will thrive, but they wanted to give D.C. another chance, and let hope all that mess get fix or you will be the White Soxs of that region.

It was a mistake - DC Sports are cursed.

I used to go to RFK Stadium and there would be more players and ballpark employees than fans.You could sit behind the dugout and hear the players talking to each other.

I used to go to RFK Stadium and there would be more players and ballpark employees than fans.You could sit behind the dugout and hear the players talking to each other.

that's why we like going to Potomac Nationals games in Woodbridge. You get to see future players and talk to them. Very intimate, but still good food, and very inexpensive.

11th best attendance last year, despite wallowing in mediocrity. RFK was a shit stadium long past it's prime, it was a new team, and it was the worst team.

Forum List

Back