Baseball records that will never be broken.

If you wanna talk about records that can't be broken, look no further than the Big Dipper.

Here's a few of his records, no one will ever break:
  • 100 points in one game
  • 55 rebounds in one game
  • only center to lead the league in assists
  • averaged 51.2 ppg for an entire season
  • fucked over 20,000 women
Keep this in mind, that's the "short list"!

If you only consider pro ball the 100 points is true but many, many players have scored more that 100 points in college, lead by Bevo Francis 116 and 113 both times before the three point shot. Jack Tayor scored 109 in 2013 and 138 in 2012. In high school there are way too many to list. But Jack Heater scored 135 in 1960 also before the three point shot.

The rest of the records you listed are probably safe.

The 56-game hitting streak will inevitably fall. This Abreau kid recently hit in 40 of 41 games or something like that. It has nothing to do with playing for the love of the game, it's just numbers. Given enough activity, the record will fall.

It does not appear that anyone will bat .400 again, and the reason has nothing to do with the hitters, it's relief pitchers. Today's batters are facing a relatively fresh, skilled pitcher virtually every time up. In the time before 1950, starting pitchers tended to finish their own games and were tired after the sixth inning. Also the batters had seen them a couple times in the early innings and were better equipped mentally to hit in the later innings. Relief pitchers were old, washed up pitchers and unproven rookies. batting .350 today is more of an accomplishment than batting .400 in 1925.

And science/statistics. The batters are analyzed to an extent never before even dreamed of. Pitchers know everything about a hitter before the game starts. What location the hitter likes, what pitches give him problems, whether he swings at the first pitch. In the past, this information was basically learned from an informal Rumor Mill, and they only bothered with the best hitters. Now it is KNOWN for virtually every batter in the lineup.

20-win seasons and 300-win careers may be done for unless and until some major changes are made in how the game is managed.

A 56 game hitting streak is a statistical anamoly that doesn't necessarily correlate to better play. You could theoretically go 1 for 4 every day and keep the streak alive

Ted Williams got more hits and more HRs during that 56 game stretch. Doesn't that mean he performed better?

A 56 game hitting streak is a statistical anamoly that doesn't necessarily correlate to better play. You could theoretically go 1 for 4 every day and keep the streak alive

Ted Williams got more hits and more HRs during that 56 game stretch. Doesn't that mean he performed better?
Yeah, but did Ted Williams ever get Marilyn Monroe?

Defense rests, Your Honor!

Yeah, but did Ted Williams ever get Marilyn Monroe?

Defense rests, Your Honor!

Did Joe get his head cut off?

We've heard the old saying before-Records are meant to be broken.I think thats true for SOME of them out there but not all.When the patriots went into their first superbowl against the Giants I was mentioning that to my friend how if they win that superbowl,they will break the miami dolphins 1972 record for most wins in an undefeated season while winning the superbowl as well.Thats when he mentioned that to me saying back then-"Records are meant to be broken."

When he mentioned that,I then told him something that I think is safe to say is true mentioning a baseball record that never will be broken. thinking about that conversation from back then I recently thought of some other baseball records as well as that one I would say its a very safe bet will never be broken.

The dolphins 1972 undefeated season for example,I honestly think will someday be broken.That someday some team will go undefeated in a 16 game season and win the superbowl as well and thats because if not a for an incredible miracle catch by that Giants wide receiver in the superbowl on fourth down,the pats would now be able to talk about being the only other team in NFL history besides the 1972 dolphins to go undefeated in a regular season and win the superbowl.they were that close. "on a fourth down pass no less." to making history.

The baseball record i was referring to earlier in my conversation i had with me friend back then that I said will never be broken is this one.

Joe Dimaggios 56 game hitting streak.Here is why.

Look who has come the closest to it since then.Pete Rose back in the late 1970's. He has come the closest to it falling 12 games shy having his streak stopped at 44.since then,nobody has even come as close to it as Rose did. I knew if Rose did not do it back then.that at this time in my life I would be talking about it that nobody else will ever break that record.that it will stand all time forever.

This is the reason nobody will ever break that record.again look who came the closest to it.Pete Rose,another hall of famer and easily one of the very best of all time.Nobody ever played the game harder than he did going all out everyday sacrificing their body the way he always did.He really loved the game and his play on the field showed that everyday.

Players these days,they dont play the game hard and go all out anymore like players in his day and age did.He was a rare gem you'll never find again.Players these days play the game for the love of the money instead of the love for the game.Those players like Rose and Dimaggio who played it for the love of the game just dont exist anymore and thats the fault of the owners for paying them so much.

Here are other baseball records I guarantee will never be broken as well.

1.speaking of Pete Rose,lets not forget his all time hits record of over 4000 hits.4000 a record nobody has come close to yet.will never happen either because players like Rose who played it for the love of the game instead of for the money just dont exist anymore.

2.This may not be a record,i think there were others before his time,that hit over the 400 mark with a higher average then him which is ted williams 406 mark.Williams was the LAST player to hit over 400 and its an easy guarantee to say that he will be the last one to do it since same old song and dance,players just dont play the game with passion for the love of the game anymore. the closest to come to williams 400 mark is George Brett.another future hall of famer and another rare gem who played the game for the love of the game instead of the money who also went all out and sacrificed his body everyday.He came the closest in 1980 hitting 390.

Players before williams time hit over 400 at times because of the hard work they put into it since they loved the game so much.Players these days,when they get that high up to the majors and get offered those multiple millions,they lose their drive to work as hard as they did on their way up. they still work hard,but nothing like they used to on their way up.

3.Last one that you wont see broken is Iron Man Cal Ripkens consecutive games streak.When he set that record,he of course broke another hall of famers record in doing so breaking fellow Iron Man Lou Gerig's record for most consecutive starts.Both played the game for the passion and love of the game which you dont see anymore.

All those players mentioned of course with the exception of Rose,all played their entire careers with one team.they stayed with one team because money wasnt something they thought about back then.Rose toward his last days in philadephia got relaxed and stopped working as hard as he once did but then he came back to cincinnati and got rejuvenated again and went back to playin it for the love of the game.He was the only exception of those bunch who stopped playing it hard because of the money but that was VERY brief.

speaking of that,I was just watching a game the other day and it disgusted me hearing how one of the batters who grounded out to third base,halfway there to first he gave up running the announcer said.

The announcer then went on to say that that player when he hits an infield grounder like that,tends to give up trying to beat it out.Then saying had he kept on running full out,he might very well have made it.
man how disgusting.:mad: NONE of those players mentioned ever got to that point where they stopped trying to beat out a ground ball in the infield.:mad:

Back in that day and age that Gerig,williams,dimaggio,Brett and Roses played,back in THEIR time,those days were unheard of back then.:mad: George Brett remarked about that himself how towards the end of his playing days it disgusted him seeing new players that were coming up watching them give up halfway to first base nit always running all out to try and beat it out.

there are way too many players like that now which is why NONE of those baseball records will ever be broken.
I am predicting right now, the Yankee Clipper's 56 game hitting streak will be broken, within 5 years from now.

And just who will be the one breaking this record?

Two words......................MIKE TROUT!

Not happening dude.Trout wont surprise me one bit at all if he breaks Maris's modern day record for most home runs in a season,that one will for sure fall some day and trout more than likely will be that guy that does it but you and anybody else who thinks that 56 game hitting streak is ever going to fall in dreaming for the previous reasons I have listed.:cuckoo:

for the people living in a fantasyland dreaming that someone will break dimaggios record someday ,you all obviously have never played baseball like i did because you dont understand just how extremely difficult it really IS to hit safely for so many games.
If you played the game you would understand how thats just not going to happen because of the points that have been made already.
in a brief summary here is why it is never going to happen again.

1.pitchers now are brought in for specific players to shut down.
2.the media attention a player would get once he got close to it over 30 plus hits,is so much greater now than it was back then. It was bad enough in the day and age rose was chasing it back in the 1970's having to deal with a media constantly everyday having to face a pressure that dimaggio never did.

You have to be an extremey special gifted player to be able to deal with that kind of media pressure day and and day out everyday for so long.Rose was one of those rare players that could handle it.There has never been another one like him since that could handle that kind of pressure.never will be.

when your hitting a lot of homeruns all the time and a threat to set the record,thats not as much pressure because your just trying to get a basehit and help win the game,your not thinking of swinging for the fence.someone like trout who has a lot of power would be able to accomplish that feat much easier than hitting safely for 56 games.

3.Back then when Rose was chasing the record,you had maybe a couple guys in the league like nolan ryan and goose gossage that could throw a 100mph fastball. these days,there are quite a few pitchers out there now that can do that.the pitchers are getting stronger all the time now.

4.Rose said back then that he always hated facing a hitter for the first time.well when they halted his hitting game at 44,he had a faced a pitcher he had never faced before.I guanteee thats going to happen with the player that gets that high up as well when he gets 30 plus hits.

5.when rose was chasing it,i remember seeing pitchers slam their glove to the ground when they gave a up a hit to him.The talented pitchers they have now these days,they are not going to be that guy who gives up that hit and sets that record against,they're not just goiing to lay down and throw a goose egg to you.

continued-

6-Look at the modern day hitters that were extremely tough outs now. Barry Bonds for instance was as tough and out there was his last 5 years or so.pitchers dreaded him,he was setting records for walks in the last few years,HE couldnt do it. then there is don mattingly,that guy had years where he had over 600 bats and only an incredible 43 strikeouts,HE couldnt break it or come close.

7.last but not least,as i said before,you all have obviously never played baseball because you dont understand just how extremly difficult it is to hit that safely for so long.

as my dad said back then saying he did not think rose could do it,i said-why he is a great hitter,he doesnt strike out much ever,he always hits the ball. he then said -yeah its not hard to hit it but it IS hard to hit where they cant get it. again if you ever played baseball,you all would KNOW how true that is.I had many times where i myself a pretty good hitter growing up,i couldnt get hits on days.i would get frustrated alot because while i did not strike out much,while i would hit the ball,i would have days going o for for because it is SO HARD TO HIT IT WHERE THEY CANT GET IT.

to do so to het it where they cant get it even one timeout f four,go try and play baseball soemtime,you will THEN understand how extremely difficult it is.:cuckoo:

so some great player like trout is far more likely to hit 4000 in his career or 400 then to ever hit in 56 games consecutively.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
oh and commenting further on my point how pitchers are going to throw everything at you while you get close to even 2nd place where rose finished,Rose even said back then when his streak stopped at 44 games,that the relief pitcher they brought in that he had never faced as well,rose was pissed at that pitcher because he said he pitched to him like it was the goddamn 7th game of the world series,throwing every kind of pitch in his arsenal he had determined to not let him get a hit.

i guarantee,the next player that comes even close to roses 44 games,they will do the same thing because they are not going to want to be the next pitcher that allows that hitter to break even hall of famer pete roses humber of hits and pass him.

ok.... all I got from the op was. this record will never be broken because of................... hard work.

thats the jest of it,those records wont be broken because players dont work as hard as they once did and play it with the passion and love of the game like they used to day in and day out for an entire year.that most just play it for the love of the money.you wont find a player like cal ripken again who wont refuse to sit out at least a couple games every year wanting to go out there EVERY SINGLE day to play the game because he loves the game so much.Its just not going to happen.

Back in Roses day when he was coming into the league,it was unheard of for players to not run it all out to first base to beat out a throw when they grounded out to the first baseman or shortstop,these days,its a miracle if you find a player who WILL run it out to first base as hard as they can and try to beat the throw,they start slowing down when they get to about 6 feet away from first base never trying to make that last leap to beat it out anymore because they have been spoiled so much by money.:mad:

Last edited:
The one record, I know for sure will never be broken, is Johnny Vander Meer's back to back no-hitters.

Some one may tie that record, but it will take 3 no-hitters in a row to beat it. Good luck with that.:eusa_whistle:

The one record, I know for sure will never be broken, is Johnny Vander Meer's back to back no-hitters.

Some one may tie that record, but it will take 3 no-hitters in a row to beat it. Good luck with that.:eusa_whistle:

yeah i would be surprised if someone tied it.thats another amazing record that i just cant see someone even tying someday because it takes an awful lot out of a player to come out and throw just one no hitter,to do it twice in a row is quite an amazing feat so yeah,i dont ever seeing anyone tying that one in the future.

i see there have been no more comments from people defending their posts that dimaggios record will fall someday.i see that they now understand that wont happen after i took them to school on that.:D

Trout or cabrerra being power hitters they are,their chances are MUCH greater of breaking hank aarons modern day record for most home runs in a career than they are of breaking dimaggios record especially in a day and age when the ball is juiced.

Trout or cabrerra being power hitters they are,their chances are MUCH greater of breaking hank aarons modern day record for most home runs in a career than they are of breaking dimaggios record especially in a day and age when the ball is juiced.

Well, since they won't let the players juice anymore, they had to make up the power numbers somewhere....:lol:

Seriously, if a player were to get around 40 games in a row, with a hit, the media attention would be so overwhelming, their concentration would be greatly damaged.

Will someone beat 56? No.

Will someone ever hit .400 again? Yes.

Will someone hit 74 HR's? Yes, his name is Jose Abreu, when he learns to hit, he might be the man to hit 100.

Will someone ever break Cy Young's records? Someone already did, his name was Satchel Paige. The Cy Young award is wrongly named, it should be the Satchel Paige award.

Should Kennesaw Landis be in the hall of fame, when players like Rose, Bonds, and McGuire are not there? Oh HELL NO! He was the biggest racist in the history of baseball, and he has a spot there, damned hypocrites.

Is there another Iron Man somewhere in waiting? Nope, those days are over.

Who will be the first ever player to go into the hall of fame as a Houston Astro? Craig Biggio, unless the stupid writers screw that up again. They need to reform the voting for that.

Any more questions?

Well, since they won't let the players juice anymore, they had to make up the power numbers somewhere....:lol:

Seriously, if a player were to get around 40 games in a row, with a hit, the media attention would be so overwhelming, their concentration would be greatly damaged.

Will someone beat 56? No.

Will someone ever hit .400 again? Yes.

Will someone hit 74 HR's? Yes, his name is Jose Abreu, when he learns to hit, he might be the man to hit 100.

Will someone ever break Cy Young's records? Someone already did, his name was Satchel Paige. The Cy Young award is wrongly named, it should be the Satchel Paige award.

Should Kennesaw Landis be in the hall of fame, when players like Rose, Bonds, and McGuire are not there? Oh HELL NO! He was the biggest racist in the history of baseball, and he has a spot there, damned hypocrites.

Is there another Iron Man somewhere in waiting? Nope, those days are over.

Who will be the first ever player to go into the hall of fame as a Houston Astro? Craig Biggio, unless the stupid writers screw that up again. They need to reform the voting for that.

Any more questions?

agree with everything you say but im surprised you think someone will ever hit 400 again though.i would say thats almost as nutty as thinking someone will come close to roses 44 game streak.the way there are so many dominatiing pitchers who pitch over a 100 mph now where back in roses day,there were only a handful at the most.

glad you understand what a couple otthers dont get that the media pressure is far too great now for a player to handle when they get up to 40 hits now.far greater than it was when rose playing which was bad enough back then.

and more importantly though,im sure you understand that while its not hard to hit the ball at least once a game,that its very difficult to hit it where nobody can get it for so long a period of time? as I said before,i seldom struck out as a hitter myself but i would have many frustrating days since while i would hit it,i had too many days were i couldnt hit where they couldnt get it though.if you plaed the game,you understand how its going to be impossibe for someone to do now and this day and age.

and if they dont want to use me as an example,fair enough.again look at don mattingly.He averaged just a little over 40 strikeouts a year with 600 plate appearances.that is a phenomenal strikeout rattio. he hit the ball many times but not where they could not get it for over 40 games.HE couldnt do it!!!! Then look at cheater Bonds.pitchers dreaded him his last few years drawing walks all the time constantly.HE couldnt do it!!! that speaks volumns how difficult it is that neither of those players could hit safely in over 40 games!!!!!!

just ask don mattingly who averaged only a little over a phenemenal 40 strikeouts a season with over 600 bats a year.HE couldnt do it because of how difficult it is to hit where they cant get it.

and like I said before and like you mentioned as well,if they ever got up to 40 games now.not only does he have that immense pressure to face by the media,but the talented pitchers they have now are not going to be the one that gives up that hit for them to even want them to pass rose for second place,let alone first.

as I said,Rose mentioned when his hitting streak stopped that year,that the relief pitcher they brought in that he had never faced before,he pitched to him like it was the goddamn 7th game of the world series. you get close to 40 games,these talented pitchers they have in the game now that throw over a 100 mph,they will do the same thing,they are not going to want to be the pitcher that lets that guy even come in second ahead of rose.they ALSO will throw everything including the kitchen sink at him as well.

thats why 400 its pretty much out of the question as well though is because of trhe reasons DHS mentioned earlier before.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back