Which NFL Team Has The BEST DEFENSE, On Paper, This Season?

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
Sorry, Seahawks fair-weather fans, but the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS have the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL right now.

All of their numerous injured starters from last season are healthy again, and their secondary has gone from average, at best, to shut-down status.

Add this defense to a potent offense featuring Tom Brady, a prolific running game, an improved receiving corps, including the return of Rob Gronkowski, and the PATRIOTS are the team to beat in the NFL this coming season.

Talk about the Seahawks all you want. They are short on receivers. They are thin at linebacker. They are thinner in the defensive backfield.

The Seahawks will not repeat. They may not even make the playoffs!

"The best Defense is a Good Offense. You know who said that? Mel the cook on "Alice"".

- Ed Gruberman

Sorry, Seahawks fair-weather fans, but the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS have the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL right now.

All of their numerous injured starters from last season are healthy again, and their secondary has gone from average, at best, to shut-down status.

Add this defense to a potent offense featuring Tom Brady, a prolific running game, an improved receiving corps, including the return of Rob Gronkowski, and the PATRIOTS are the team to beat in the NFL this coming season.

Talk about the Seahawks all you want. They are short on receivers. They are thin at linebacker. They are thinner in the defensive backfield.

thats a laugh,any other fairy tales you want to tell us from dreamland?:lol::D:rofl::lmao::lmao:

first laughter.They lose Halib whats his name,the all pro corner to the donkeys and get the cancer from seattle,the druggie they let go because he was a cancer to the team Browner as his replacement and your trying to sell us that they have shut down corners now? i love it.:lmao:

second laugher.yeah the return of Gronkowski but for how long till mr injury prone gets hurt again?:lmao:

so they get back wilfork at nose tackle,the one difference maker,big deal.

sorry but your cheatriots are the only team to beat in the weak AFC NON truthseeker.:lol:

Dont get me wrong,i expect them to be in the superbowl this year only because the AFC is so weak and the donkeys will be their only challenge in the playoffs.I expect the cheatriots will have home field advantage against the donkeys which assures them a trip there since the home team between these two teams always goes to the superbowl.

The donkeys will have to play the NFC west opponents this year which will be bad news for them,they found out in the superbowl how physically tough the NFC west teams are.

Being a year older,i dont think manning will be able to handle the abuse he gets having to play ALL of them this year is the only reason i dont see them making it back to the big game.

so your cheatriots will get to the superbowl i have no doubt,but they will suffer a grand humilation same as the donkeys once they have to face the physical defense of the seahawks which the pats wont see all year long.

Just like the donkeys did,once they face that physical defense,they wont know how to handle them either.:D:lol::lol:

Oh and the seahawks played through a makeshift patched up offensive line last year in the last month of the season which is why the offense struggled during that time.dont expect that to happen again.:D sure tom brady makes all the players around him better players than they are which is why they have been so successful for so long,but Russel wilson is also one of those rare gems that has the same effect on his players as well.:D

as long as the seahawks dont have any critical key multiple injurys this year,sorry your pats will suffer the same fate the donkeys did in the superbowl so you better cross your fingers the seahawks "whom you have an obvious hatred for," has those injurys or count on another superbowl losss and this time it being a blowout.:D sure they lost a few players over the off season but red bryant was the only big big loss.

they made sure they got michael bennet back who was a major factor for them on defense. and you know what? I remember when you guys lost starter lawyer malloy but it never hurt the pats from going back to the superbowl cause they still had tom brady.

well the seahawks still have wilson so im not worried. as long as he is healthy and there arent any key multiple injurys at the same time,then sorry,its back to back superbowl championships.:D

sure they lost golden tate who was big on kickoffs and his go to receiver,but if you knew anything about the seahawks,you would know that carrol and the GM plan very carefully anticipating losses like that ready to have someone else just as capable of stepping in to fill that void.

they lost tate but they still have kearse and baldwin who made key clutch catches for them in the playoffs being major contributers getting them to the superbowl not to mention the defenses will have nightmares having to try and contain and deal with percy harvin who is back and healthy now.

He showed what kind of problems he could create for defenses in the superbowl.Oh and they also drafted what many are calling the fastest receiver in the NFL with their first round pick
so contrary to what you think,they are not hurting near as bad as you think.Looking at theri schedule this year,again as long as they avoid key injurys,expect to see them get home field advantage again and be back in the superbowl winning it all again.

and keep on day dreaming and living in your dreamworld that they might not make the playoffs and go back to the superbowl.whatever gets you through the night.:D

as dense as you are,i have no doubt you were also one of those stupid fools who were actually picking the donkeys to beat the seahawks in the superbowl as well NON TRUTH SEEKER.:lol::lmao:

Last edited:
oh and here is what one non biased sportswriter wrote recently.

Seattle is locked and loaded with supreme talent, depth, coaching and upper management

thats the key to why they WILL repeat,they dont have as much depth as last year but they still have it.

thats a laugh,any other fairy tales you want to tell us from dreamland?:lol::D:rofl::lmao::lmao:

first laughter.They lose Halib whats his name,the all pro corner to the donkeys and get the cancer from seattle,the druggie they let go because he was a cancer to the team Browner as his replacement and your trying to sell us that they have shut down corners now? i love it.:lmao:

second laugher.yeah the return of Gronkowski but for how long till mr injury prone gets hurt again?:lmao:

sorry but your cheatriots are the only team to beat in the weak AFC NON truthseeker.:lol:

Dont get me wrong,i expect them to be in the superbowl this year only because the AFC is so weak and the donkeys will be their only challenge in the playoffs.I expect the cheatriots will have home field advantage against the donkeys which assures them a trip there since the home team between these two teams always goes to the superbowl.

The donkeys will have to play the NFC west opponents this year which will be bad news for them,they found out in the superbowl how physically tough the NFC west teams are.

Being a year older,i dont think manning will be able to handle the abuse he gets having to play ALL of them this year is the only reason i dont see them making it back to the big game.

so your cheatriots will get to the superbowl i have no doubt,but they will suffer a grand humilation same as the donkeys once they have to face the physical defense of the seahawks which the pats wont see all year long.

Just like the donkeys did,once they face that physical defense,they wont know how to handle them either.:D:lol::lol:

Oh and the seahawks played through a makeshift patched up offensive line last year in the last month of the season which is why the offense struggled during that time.dont expect that to happen again.:D sure tom brady makes all the players around him better players than they are which is why they have been so successful for so long,but Russel wilson is also one of those rare gems that has the same effect on his players as well.:D

as long as the seahawks dont have any critical key multiple injurys this year,sorry your pats will suffer the same fate the donkeys did in the superbowl so you better cross your fingers the seahawks "whom you have an obvious hatred for," has those injurys or count on another superbowl losss and this time it being a blowout.:D sure they lost a few players over the off season but red bryant was the only big big loss.

they made sure they got michael bennet back who was a major factor for them on defense. and you know what? I remember when you guys lost starter lawyer malloy but it never hurt the pats from going back to the superbowl cause they still had tom brady.

well the seahawks still have wilson so im not worried. as long as he is healthy and there arent any key multiple injurys at the same time,then sorry,its back to back superbowl championships.:D

sure they lost golden tate who was big on kickoffs and his go to receiver,but if you knew anything about the seahawks,you would know that carrol and the GM plan very carefully anticipating losses like that ready to have someone else just as capable of stepping in to fill that void.

they lost tate but they still have kearse and baldwin who made key clutch catches for them in the playoffs being major contributers getting them to the superbowl not to mention the defenses will have nightmares having to try and contain and deal with percy harvin who is back and healthy now.

He showed what kind of problems he could create for defenses in the superbowl.Oh and they also drafted what many are calling the fastest receiver in the NFL with their first round pick
so contrary to what you think,they are not hurting near as bad as you think.Looking at theri schedule this year,again as long as they avoid key injurys,expect to see them get home field advantage again and be back in the superbowl winning it all again.

and keep on day dreaming and living in your dreamworld that they might not make the playoffs and go back to the superbowl.whatever gets you through the night.:D

as dense as you are,i have no doubt you were also one of those stupid fools who were actually picking the donkeys to beat the seahawks in the superbowl as well NON TRUTH SEEKER.:lol::lmao:

I would love to respond to your obvious lack of knowledge about the Patriots roster, your childish namecalling, and some of your other nonsense, but you simply aren't worth any more of my time.
:cuckoo:

oh and since you proved with this thread that you never have anything intelliegent to say NON truth seeker,your not worth bothering with reading anymore insane rants you posted in reply to this, so i am just going to comment further on this post for the objective logical people-the ones not idiotic enough picking the donkeys to win the superbowl last year,:D for them to read and comment on.

the pats unlike the donkeys,will have the luxary of not having to play the NFC west teams this year and the teams they all face in their division are such creampuffs as is the rest of the AFC that they will easily go to the SUPERBOWL again after playing the donkeys in the AFC title game in boston.

The donkeys dont play well on the road but they are their only formidable opponent for them this year.the steelers-once a dangerous opponent in the AFC for the pats, are a joke now since they have mr conservative todd haley who has ruined that offense driving it into the ground making them the joke of the league along with the bungels and ravens, and now there is of course the fall of the once and mighty ravens who got torn apart with retirements and key free agency losses after the superbowl,they could not even beat the bungels at the end of the year.:lol::lol::cuckoo: thats how far they have fallen.:lol:

so after beating up on the pitifil weak AFC opponents this year,they will wet their pants with fright when they face the seahawks in the big game just like peyton manning did when he had to keep going out there to face that seahawks defense when he obviously wanted no more of them.:D:lol::lol:

the pats will find out just like the donkeys did,that they have not faced a formidable defense all year long till they meet the seahawks in the superbowl and suffer their worst loss ever getting blown out as well.:D

you should have waited till NEXT year to make this thread because you wouldnt be looking like the raving idiotic lunatic you are now had you done so because NEXT year,the 2016 season,the seahawks WONT be able to repeat.

there WILL be a new superbowl champion that year because after this year,they will lose a lot more key players on their team since they have to deal with having to sign wilson,sherman,and Lynch to long term contracts and spend a lot of money to do so which will result in alot more losses than they suffered this year. this year they still have enough depth to be a force in the league.

next year they wont have that depth. plus even the greatest teams in NFL history such as the packers,steelers and 49ers could not repeat and that was in a day and age where dynastys existed and they did not have to worry about defections because of free agency.

In the meantime,have fun talking to yourself showing off the true idiot you are who llives in a fairytale land that the cheatriots actually have a chance against the seahawks in the superbowl this year.:lol::lol::D:rofl::lmao::lmao:

well that COULD happen but ONLY if the hawks had several key injurys going into the superbowl like the donkeys did which was why it was a no brainer to the logical objective people like myself,that the seahawks would blow them out.they were healthy,the donkeys were not.it COULD happen but ONLY if they go in missing half their starting offensive lineman,lynch was out,harvin and baldwin or kearse were out as well as a couple key players on defense and the pats came in healthy.yeah in THAT scenario,they of course could very well beat them.sure would be a much closer game for sure and not a blowout at least. thats the ONLY way you will beat them come superbowl though.:D

so again,have fun talking to yourself whining and crying denying reality that the AFC is pitifil and weak with the donkeys being your only serious competition to worry about this year in the meantime till then.:D:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:cuckoo:oh and just so you know,i just glanced at your latest b.s post and caught a glimpse of it and to no surprise,i see you play dodgeball when you are proven wrong.

I love how you evaded facts showing what an idiot you are saying the seahawks might not get to the superbowl evading that and talking about my lack of knowledge of the cheatriots roster.

thanks for demonstrating to everybody here how you change the subject when cornered. here you are talking about my lack of knowledge of the pats roster when i even AGREED with you that they will be in the superbowl.

I agreed they would be in the superbowl because the AFC is so weak that the donkeys are their ONLY opponent that could cause them problems and that the donkeys will lose to them because it will be on the road and they dont play well on the road.funny how you missed that part.:cuckoo:

Oh and I love how you act like your an innocent victem of name calling.you go and insult people like Huggy here calling him a fair weather fan even though he used to travel thousands of miles in washington to go see the seahawks when they first came there in the expansion traveling all those miles just to watch practices of them and you go and insult him calling him a fair weather fan.

and lets not forget,you have still yet to apologize for your childish insults with me when you first came to this section telling me nobody chould take me serious because of my user name when just because you are so closed minded and afraid to look at the evidence too arrogant to admit i have proven you wrong on that and yet despite that,WONT apologize to me for it.:cuckoo:

so here you go insulting Huggy calling him a fair weather fan knowing NOTHING at all about him,proving you hate the seahawks NOT being objective about them saying they will be lucky if they make the playoffs even though they did not have major defections in the off season like the ravens did,:cuckoo:

you come here and act childish insulting me cause you dont like my user name,then prove you are too arrogant to admit you are wrong about my user name,that it is the truth cause the facts scare you, so you wont look at them.

and yet, you act like your an innocent victem acting like you did nothing wrong whatsoever in your opening post or ever have since you been here to deserve any name calling whining and crying about it all in the process.:cuckoo:

what a sad and pathetic creature you are.

no wonder you love the cheatriots,belecheat is just like you,someone with no class at all and because he cheats,you love the guy.you two are perfect for each other and should get married.

Last edited:
Why is there not an AGE LIMIT in this forum?

The children in here need to be rooted out and redirected to their new PlayStations.

"9/11 inside job", your name alone says everything everybody else needs to know about the crippling mental "challenges" you have. But then you LEAVE NO DOUBT by posting the DRIVEL you do in this forum.

Go find a playground somewhere, and tell the kiddies about how Bush blew up the World Trade Center towers.

Retard.

The children in here need to be rooted out and redirected to their new PlayStations.

"9/11 inside job", your name alone says everything everybody else needs to know about the crippling mental "challenges" you have. But then you LEAVE NO DOUBT by posting the DRIVEL you do in this forum.

Go find a playground somewhere, and tell the kiddies about how Bush blew up the World Trade Center towers.

Retard.
Hey, back off my man 9...I J

At least his names' not Huggy!

What kind of a fuckin' name is Huggy anyway?

Some duke of haggard wannabe?

Retard.

Wasn't Huggy the PIMP from Starsky & Hutch? :eek:

Apparently Huggy has moved on to bigger and better things.

Huggy is now the PIMP for the Seattle Seahawks, and 9/11 is his assistant pimp.

Retard.

HUGGY is a real nickname I earned with some of my friends here in Seattle. It came from my response to 9/11 which was to invent some plush "huggable" dolls for kids scared by the terrorists to give them comfort. The first dolls were of a religious nature. Many people gave money and publicity to this effort including a couple of months of free billboards placed around Seattle. I also did several TV interviews and several radio interviews thruout the country. Hence the Huggable Doll Company name transferred to it's inventor "HUGGY".

I eventually liscenced the doll company and sold the liscence to a friend that ran the company.

True story.

AS for the best defense..

On paper...The Seattle Seahawks just as last season.. They will lead in ints..fumbles recovered and lowest points scored against any team.

Moreso than last season the street cred of the Seahawks on the field will be even more usefull as the whole NFL watched the Hawks bully the Broncos and humiliate them on the national TV in prime time.

Those broken Damerious Thomas ribs were not lost to the WRs of the NFL on that cold Feb day.

It won't be the Seahawks on paper that the NFL will fear...

It will be Kam Chancellor...Thomas and Richard Sherman and Maxwell The Legion Of Boom.

The weather forcast calls for pain..

L.O.B.. Boom boom boom boom

Last edited by a moderator:

HUGGY is a real nickname I earned with some of my friends here in Seattle. It came from my response to 9/11 which was to invent some plush "huggable" dolls for kids scared by the terrorists to give them comfort. The first dolls were of a religious nature. Many people gave money and publicity to this effort including a couple of months of free billboards placed around Seattle. I also did several TV interviews and several radio interviews thruout the country. Hence the Huggable Doll Company name transferred to it's inventor "HUGGY".

I eventually liscenced the doll company and sold the liscence to a friend that ran the company.

True story.

Huggy, I have to apologize for my previous comment about Huggy from Starsky & Hutch. My attempt at humor obviously failed, now that you have explained your "Huggy" nickname.

You have earned my utmost respect for the great work you did with the children, post 9/11.

Here is something to think about...

Kam Chancellor has been playing injured for the last 5-6 years.

A quote from a recent radio interview on how Kam feels now that he has had a hip surgery early in the spring to repair a nagging injury..

"It's kind of scary," Chancellor told the team’s flagship radio station. "Literally, it's really kind of scary. That's where it's kind of taking me to when I think about it - that 'dark place' where I just feel powerful, like nothing can stop me."

Oh my... A healthy Kam Chancellor... Oh My Fucking GOD !!!!!! :eek:

so much for the OPS/rants and theory's that the patriots have the best new defense in the league now,.I saw parts of that dolphins/pats game and your man revis got burned REPEATEDLY many times in that game and wolfork is showing his age,as is brady now.lol.you'll be lucky if the pats even make it to the superbowl.lol.

meanwhile,you better go back and watch that seahawks/packers game and see whay you will have egg on your face come feburary saying they wont repeat.lol.

better get your facts straight,the hawks are every bit as deep on defense and in those areas you mentioned as they were before.

Interesting prediction.

Unfortunately Miami didn' read your pep talk for the Patriots.

AND what was up with Darrell Revis not playing the whole field on Miami's best receiver like he always brags about?

Darrell played the left side in that game just like Sherman plays the right side and Miami won the game.

Brady was average to less than average.

Where were all the weapons you rave about?

Sorry Pats..Seattle defense held the great Aaron Rodgers to a rating of 83.9. 187 yards Lacey....39 yards on 12 runs.

GB 16 points...THAT was the best defensive effort in the NFL. There were lower points allowed but only against crappy teams.

It's only week one but as of now the Hawks D still rules.

Interesting prediction.

Unfortunately Miami didn' read your pep talk for the Patriots.

AND what was up with Darrell Revis not playing the whole field on Miami's best receiver like he always brags about?

Darrell played the left side in that game just like Sherman plays the right side and Miami won the game.

Brady was average to less than average.

Where were all the weapons you rave about?

Sorry Pats..Seattle defense held the great Aaron Rodgers to a rating of 83.9. 187 yards Lacey....39 yards on 12 runs.

GB 16 points...THAT was the best defensive effort in the NFL. There were lower points allowed but only against crappy teams.

It's only week one but as of now the Hawks D still rules.
I notice how elvis has left the building ever since he made his rant in his OP.:biggrin:

also rodgers can actually scrmable around and isnt the stautue of liberty and the packers have one of the more physical defenses in thel league.
He also seems to have forgotten the pats are HORRIBLE on the road going 4-4 last year.lol. wont be one bit at all surprised when they go on the road again next week in minnesota and lose.

i mean come on the dolphins? their average quarterback they have looked like Dan Marino back there against the great Revis.:biggrin:

Forum List

Back