Baseball 2015 Thread

I hope the Phillies trade Papelbon to the Braves. I like his fire - it's apparent that he knows how the game should be played.

Bryce Harper is a prima donna, although he's very talented on the field. But his success doesn't make him immune to running out grounders.

I hope the Phillies trade Papelbon to the Braves. I like his fire - it's apparent that he knows how the game should be played.

Bryce Harper is a prima donna, although he's very talented on the field. But his success doesn't make him immune to running out grounders.
No way. Papelbon is a team destroyer. Worst move Rizzo's made in his tenure here. I couldn't believe it when I saw that he made a move for Papelbon.

As for Harper he busts his ass every game, almost too much sometimes.

No way. Papelbon is a team destroyer. Worst move Rizzo's made in his tenure here. I couldn't believe it when I saw that he made a move for Papelbon.

Papelbon was pissed because Harper didn't hustle. So maybe he figures since the Nats were eliminated he can slough off?

Papelbon was pissed because Harper didn't hustle. So maybe he figures since the Nats were eliminated he can slough off?
Tweet I just saw googling how long Papelbon has been a National:

"Thomas Boswell (@ThomasBoswellWP)
3 hours ago
So Papelbon trade is working well. Storen goes in tank & punches locker, out of yr. Pap hits Manny. Pap suspended 3 days. Pap chokes Harper."

Papelbon has been a National for less than 2 months and helped us to a 27 -31 record in that time. And he went for a choke hold on live television and in front of tens of thousands of fans against the face and hopefully future of the franchise. The one bright spot on our season.

I'm ready to start saying that Rizzo needs to be canned if Papelbon is still a National before the week is over.

That may have been the pretext but it's pretty clear it came from something festering. Possibly Harper's egocentrism in general, more likely the way he kinda threw Paps under the bus about the chin music incident. Paps says it wasn't about that but methinks that's just Paps doing what Paps does best -- failing to man up.

I dunno, there's a lot of "Papelbon should never throw another pitch for the Nationals" sentiment but by the time Spring Training comes up this will all be forgotten. Nats suspended him four games and he took the MLB suspension of three games, which comprises the entire remaining season. If they really wanted to fuck with him they could have suspended him for three instead of four, meaning he would have to come back and sit in the bullpen for one game.

On the other hand for the Gnats fans, Max Scherzer just pitched his second no-hitter of the year. :eek:

That may have been the pretext but it's pretty clear it came from something festering. Possibly Harper's egocentrism in general, more likely the way he kinda threw Paps under the bus about the chin music incident. Paps says it wasn't about that but methinks that's just Paps doing what Paps does best -- failing to man up.

I dunno, there's a lot of "Papelbon should never throw another pitch for the Nationals" sentiment but by the time Spring Training comes up this will all be forgotten. Nats suspended him four games and he took the MLB suspension of three games, which comprises the entire remaining season. If they really wanted to fuck with him they could have suspended him for three instead of four, meaning he would have to come back and sit in the bullpen for one game.

On the other hand for the Gnats fans, Max Scherzer just pitched his second no-hitter of the year. :eek:
Good for Max Scherzer and all... in this meaningless season...

But as to the Papelbon issue; that this many days later he's STILL on the team is enough for me to say Williams and Rizzo need to GO! The Nats, once again, are back to being as embarrassing as the Redskins, Wizards, and Caps historically are..

D.C. sports... business as usual.

Good for Max Scherzer and all... in this meaningless season...

But as to the Papelbon issue; that this many days later he's STILL on the team is enough for me to say Williams and Rizzo need to GO! The Nats, once again, are back to being as embarrassing as the Redskins, Wizards, and Caps historically are..

D.C. sports... business as usual.

I understand that Harper and Scherzer have been, for several weeks before the Papelbon thing, doing this weird thing where Scherzer appears to be strangling Harper (dafuck?)

When some camera caught them doing it the other day they figured the two were mocking the Papelbon incident, which is a fair assumption. But the some WaPo writer found several photos of them doing it for several weeks prior.

Ya think it's possible Papelbon was mocking Scherzer? :dunno:

It was a little weird that Williams sent Paps out to continue pitching after the incident. Kind of indicates a manager who might be out of touch.

Ironically Ken Giles came in to get the save for the Phils in the same game. I say 'ironically' because Giles, whenever he's interviewed, always cites Papelbon as his mentor and talks about "doing the things Pap taught me". He looks up to him a great deal.

Those two were an invincible combo -- Giles taking the 8th inning, Paps the 9th, nobody was scoring on them. That is, on the rare occasions where their team had a lead that late to set that up anyway...

Last edited:
Never too early for Baseball right?

Lots of story lines going on this year.

What's your team and what are your predictions?

My team is the Nationals and my 1st prediction is that Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper are about to BLOW UP! And *cough* Max Scherzer *cough* Jordan Zimmerman *cough* Doug Fister *cough* Gio Gonzalez *cough**cough**cough* The Nationals FUCKING RULE!!!

2nd Prediction: everyone will boo A-Rod

3rd Prediction: the Padres will be awful

4th Prediction: The Cubs win a lot? :eek::eek::eek: :dunno: :confused: :cuckoo:

World Series Champion: The Washington Fucking Nationals

How about you all?
I just heard NY playing Houston first round of the playoffs. What happened to your nationals? I thought you guys would be shoe ins with that pitching staff. What was it? I know max didn't win 20 games this year. He still got 4 shutouts right? You must have no offense.

I like max but I wished this season on him when he left Detroit. I may lift the curse next year.

I think a one game series is great, unless my team loses. Then the whole system suck!

My team is the Nationals and my 1st prediction is that Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper are about to BLOW UP! And *cough* Max Scherzer *cough* Jordan Zimmerman *cough* Doug Fister *cough* Gio Gonzalez *cough**cough**cough* The Nationals FUCKING RULE!!!

How about you all?
I just heard NY playing Houston first round of the playoffs. What happened to your nationals? I thought you guys would be shoe ins with that pitching staff. What was it? I know max didn't win 20 games this year. He still got 4 shutouts right? You must have no offense.

I like max but I wished this season on him when he left Detroit. I may lift the curse next year.

What happened to Detroit this year, they a.ways seem to be in it.

How about you all?

:crybaby:

How about you all?

No closer.

How about you all?

No closer.
Too bad, I like the Tigers. I liked the Tigers when they had Bo.

How about you all?

:crybaby:

Eh... the pitching staff wasn't that great, although Strasberg finally put it together. He'll be a force next year.

Max was awesome. But he also gave up a home run to ... Ben Revere.

So I just read where C.C. Sabathia left the Wankees and checked himself in to alcohol rehab. Nobody knew, but he's dealing with that.

I wish all the best to him.

How about you all?

No closer.

Talk to TOS about Papelbon. He'll make you a deal.

How about you all?

No closer.

Talk to TOS about Papelbon. He'll make you a deal.
image.png

Cubs have a 1 game playoff against the Pirates Wednesday night.

Go Cubs! Arriata is starting.

Cubs have a 1 game playoff against the Pirates Wednesday night.

Go Cubs! Arriata is starting.

I would love to see the Cubs get to the world series because it has been so damn long but with the game being played in pittsburgh its not going to happen.

your looking at one and done.the reds two years ago went to pittsburgh and the one game playoff and lost with the crowd rattling the pitcher the crowds are so loud there. Baumgardner of the Giants is a special kind of pitcher so it did not bother him.

the Bucs have too much playoff experience and the Cubs are a young team that has just now learned how to win.Time to start looking forward to next year and just be happy they finally had a winning season.

Keuchel should make mince meat out of the Yankees tonight.

"Keuchel, the Houston ace who is a strong American League Cy Young candidate, is 2-0 against the Yanks this year with a 0.00 ERA. He’s beaten them in Houston and in the Bronx. In 16 innings, he’s whiffed 21 Yankees and walked one, allowing nine hits, only one for extra bases."

Forum List

Back