Barr denies testifying before Congress!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:clap:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Attorney General William Barr stirred controversy on Tuesday by categorically denying during his congressional testimony that he was testifying before Congress.​
“I am not now nor have I ever testified before the House Judiciary Committee,” Barr told the House Judiciary Committee. “Any suggestion to the contrary is a flat-out lie.”​
After the chairman of the committee, Representative Jerrold Nadler, claimed that he could see Barr sitting several feet away from him, Barr came out swinging.​
“I am not going to respond to hypothetical questions about where I may or may not be sitting at any given moment,” Barr retorted.​
Barr’s steadfast denial that he had testified before Congress drew the ire of Nadler, who said that Barr’s prevarication was unbecoming of the Attorney General of the United States.​
Barr’s response was swift and fierce. “I am not the Attorney General, and any assertion that I am is patently absurd,” he said.​
At the end of the hearing, one of Barr’s fellow-Republicans on the committee, Representative Jim Jordan, apologized to Barr for the going-over he had received from Democrats.​
“Given how badly you were treated today, I don’t blame you one bit for not being here,” Jordan said.​

Have you watched the hearing or reviewed the transcript, or are you just relying on a commercial publication for a description of what was said. Seems kind of outrageous, doesn't it?

:clap:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Attorney General William Barr stirred controversy on Tuesday by categorically denying during his congressional testimony that he was testifying before Congress.​
“I am not now nor have I ever testified before the House Judiciary Committee,” Barr told the House Judiciary Committee. “Any suggestion to the contrary is a flat-out lie.”​
After the chairman of the committee, Representative Jerrold Nadler, claimed that he could see Barr sitting several feet away from him, Barr came out swinging.​
“I am not going to respond to hypothetical questions about where I may or may not be sitting at any given moment,” Barr retorted.​
Barr’s steadfast denial that he had testified before Congress drew the ire of Nadler, who said that Barr’s prevarication was unbecoming of the Attorney General of the United States.​
Barr’s response was swift and fierce. “I am not the Attorney General, and any assertion that I am is patently absurd,” he said.​
At the end of the hearing, one of Barr’s fellow-Republicans on the committee, Representative Jim Jordan, apologized to Barr for the going-over he had received from Democrats.​
“Given how badly you were treated today, I don’t blame you one bit for not being here,” Jordan said.​

Makes sense. The satire is almost completely accurate.

Forum List

Back