Barney Frank Blasts GOP 'Arsonists' For Blocking Obama Nominees

I'm not an Obama fan, but how in the hell is he supposed to get much done without any help from the right? The right is holding Obama and America hostage simply to prevent him from being reelected. I suspect that will be reflected in the next elections.

Did you say the same when Obama and the Democrats were ignoring the republicans? How about complaining when Reid did exactly the same thing to Bush on recess appointments?

Oh.... well that's very different....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0]Gilda Radner Nevermind - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not an Obama fan, but how in the hell is he supposed to get much done without any help from the right? The right is holding Obama and America hostage simply to prevent him from being reelected. I suspect that will be reflected in the next elections.

Well, Lakhota, Obama could get a clue from something about Grover Cleveland according to Will Rogers, who said "Ya know, folks, When Grover Cleveland was President, the Congress, they wanted nothin' done, and he done it." :lmao: :lmao:

Wellll, when the guy seems to want to take us over a cliff at 100 mph it just seems silly to say "how about we only go over at 90?"

You really, honestly, do make this too fucking easy.

Stop Bush Letter
WE CAN STOP BUSH! Take the Stop Bush Pledge at http://StopBush.us and forward this to all your friends - don't break the chain!!!

George W. Bush and radical Republicans (led by Tom DeLay and Bill Frist) are on a crusade to turn America into a right-wing nightmare...

You really, honestly, do make this too fucking easy.

Stop Bush Letter
WE CAN STOP BUSH! Take the Stop Bush Pledge at http://StopBush.us and forward this to all your friends - don't break the chain!!!

George W. Bush and radical Republicans (led by Tom DeLay and Bill Frist) are on a crusade to turn America into a right-wing nightmare...

:lmao: They do set themselves up for fail, don't they?

Now it's 'elected' Democrats. Nice.

Well, Sparky, my original link was about Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. So, don't you think you should at least come up with a credible source that SOME elected Democrat ever said something similar about a Republican president - instead of some anonymous chain letter? Come on, let's pretend we're adults...

Now it's 'elected' Democrats. Nice.

Well, Sparky, my original link was about Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. So, don't you think you should at least come up with a credible source that SOME elected Democrat ever said something similar about a Republican president - instead of some anonymous chain letter? Come on, let's pretend we're adults...

You SAID 'Democrat'... NOT 'elected Democrat'. There IS a difference, you know.

I can't help it if you fucked up, then wanted to move the goalposts :p

Last edited:
You SAID 'Democrat'... NOT 'elected Democrat'. There IS a difference, you know.

I apologize. I temporarily forgot how disingenuous the right debates.

How is what he said disingenuous? Be specific. Ohh and explain again how it was arson for the Republicans to prevent the President from recess Appointments this time but not when Reid did it to Bush.

By Paige Lavender

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) sharply criticized Senate Republicans Friday for blocking President Barack Obama's nominees to head government agencies.

"It is the legislative equivalent to an arsonist having set a fire and objecting to a building’s inhabitants using the fire exit," Frank writes in an op-ed for The Washington Post.

More: Barney Frank Blasts Senate Republicans For Blocking Richard Cordray, Other Obama Nominees

You mean kinda like the Democrats did, With Nearly every single Bush Appointee?

Pay backs a bitch isn't it.

What is it with people. Do you think the Congresses Job is to simply Rubber Stamp the Presidents picks? Ever Heard of Checks and Balances?

Last edited:
Frank seems to forget that Congress wasn't elected to serve Obama's will. Congress was elected to OPPOSE Obama's will.

This message was sent loud and clear during the midterms of 2010.

Forum List

Back