Obama will present jobs proposals on Sept 7th... sort of...

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
White House Hints at More Economic Speeches, Proposals Ahead - FoxNews.com

In what could be a way of lowering expectations for next Thursday's big economic speech, aides to President Obama are privately spreading word that he will not present his entire jobs plan in his address to a Joint Session of Congress.

Aides say Thursday's speech will be part of a bigger plan the White House will roll out throughout the fall with the president hitting the road for speeches and town hall appearances. Aides have already confirmed that Obama will be traveling to California, Colorado, and Washington state for one three-day swing later this month that will include economic events as well as some fundraising.

"There's no question the president will want to keep returning to jobs," one top aide told Fox News. "I don't want to downplay the speech [next week] -- it's going to be substantial. But the idea that this is the be-all and end-all is wrong."One scenario being discussed by White House aides is the president highlighting individual economic proposals at appearances around the country throughout the fall, just as the Republican presidential candidates are ramping up the sales pitch for their own economic proposals.

He was in such a freaking hurry to give his speech on the same night as the GOP debate... then caved until the next night. Now, suddenly, he's not in such a freaking hurry anymore and instead of giving us his whole plan on the 7th, he's going to spread the plan out over the entire Fall???

WTF!!

I thought he wanted to get jobs going now?

I thought he was going to 'focus like a laser' on jobs now?

The most likely explanation is that he HAS NO FUCKING PLAN. This is a stall tactic until they actually come up with something for him. Additionally, it gives him a chance to go all over the country campaigning for 2012, under the guise of 'jobs speeches' and 'jobs town hall meetings'.

FUCKING PATHETIC.

This Administration has a real Problem with Setting High Expectations. They are big on Talk and short on Substance. Obama has been telling us for just Short of a year that he was working on plans to address Jobs. For the Last couple weeks we have been hearing how real soon we were finally going to get Obama's Jobs plan. Now they are worried most likely because they have nothing new to offer, and are trying to lower Expectations again. Because once again Obama has set him self up as the Great Oracle, and all we have to do is just listen to him speak and everything is going to be ok, the Problem is his Bumper sticker Slogans, and finger pointing are getting really Tired.

All he is going to do thursday is try and set a trap for Republicans. He is not thinking about Jobs at all. He is going to Propose a massive new Stimulus package, Full of Infrastructure spending, and Give Aways to states and Municipalities. He will Probably toss in one Token thing that might appeal to Republicans enough to make them think about it, but they will have to sign off on Massive new Deficit Spending to get it. If they block it, Obama has his best shot of winning.

His Campaign will be all about how he had the answer but Republicans block him. Really is a sad state of affairs when the President Elected on the Promise of Hope and Change, and bringing us together. Is so petty and Partisan that he will play games with the Sch of a Speech he has touted as his Big Plan to get us back to work, then Deliver a speech, that IMO will be nothing but a ploy meant to trap the opposition.

I Honestly hope I am wrong, and would love to see a real plan, that will actually help the Job Market Recover, I just have absolutely no reason to believe we will see one from Obama.

Forum List

Back