CDZ Barack Obama...Greatest President of Modern times

OK...so lets look at Reagan

A legendary President and idol of Conservatives. Cured the malaise that was engulfing the nation and made people proud to be Americans again. Reversed an economic recession and brought jobs. Cut taxes by a huge margin. Worked closely with Gorbachev on the collapse of the Soviet Union

I think history is starting to reevaluate Reagan and his impact. Long term impact of his supply side policies led to the demise of the middle class and mountains of debt. Iran Contra was outright illegal.

I think Obama closely mirrors Reagan in his economic recovery and has more of a lasting legacy

Last edited:
The wars are over, the economy is booming. Unemployment, like gas prices, are dropping and we have seen record levels of job growth. By any measure of success, including that of Republican candidates in 2012, his presidency has been a success. Even businesses and Wall Street agree that Republicans are killing the economy, and the evidence proves that the economy grows more under Democratic than Republican presidents.
And not only did he end the wars (and without getting us into any of the new ones proposed by Republicans) and restored the economy, but he helped speed along social change by embracing marriage equality, kicking DOMA to the curb and ending Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell; he has supported women’s rights, including equal pay and the right to manage their own reproductive rights; He has fought for workers and for a living wage; battled on behalf of the environment; and fought for the rights of immigrants. And with the Affordable Care Act, known fittingly as Obamacare, he has given all Americans access to healthcare for the first time in our nation’s history.
What has he done for the jobs to come back?
What HASNT he been able to do to make matters worse? It isn't that black and white.
"the rights of immigrants"
You mean illegals? You mean that corporatist move to drive down national wages? Thanks Obama!
Sorry

You neglected who was a better President and why

Then we can compare notes
I had replied to a post you made that was full of rhetoric. Of course, I don't blame you for not refuting it lol
What makes you think I think any of them are "better"?
OK. That's one for one

Anyone else ready to name a better President than Obama and why?

So far....looks like Obama

Reagan, but not for the same reasons the far right will go with.

Reagan inherited a mess. Not Carter's mess.

Presidents don't fix the economy and they don't create messes all by themselves.

Carter was the victim of a lot of transformation that was taking place in the 70's and culminated about the time he was running for term 2.

He got his butt kicked, but it was not his fault.

Still, this country needed leadership. And Ronald Reagan provided it for us.

Obama has done nothing to unite the country the way Reagan did.

Reagan's mess was worse than Obama's (Obama didn't have the high interest rates that Volker created).

And the list goes on and on.

I don't like Reagan on several counts.

But I openly laugh at anyone who states Obama is great and uses the fairy tale from the OP to defend it.

The economy is booming......

If Carter or Reagan had the kind of interest rates Obama has had to work with, we'd all be living like kings.

I don't know who I'd concider the greatest since WW2, but it's not Obama by any stretch of the imagination. I can think of a couple who would be in the running; JFK, and Reagan. JFK because he handled the threat of nuclear war well enough, stood face to face with an aggressive Russia, and pushed the space program. Reagan because he was an inspirational leader, a true patriot, and helped crush communist Russia. I admit that neither of my choices were perfect but the rest of the presidents were a pretty sorry bunch.
My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Obama is by far the worst. His signature achievement, Obamacare is a disaster, his foreign policy is a joke, his economic policy has damaged the country, he has stoked the fire of racism and divided the country along racial lines and he lies about everything. The entire world is laughing at us, at least those who are'nt celebrating our downfall are.

Another failed attempt

"All of them" is a response worthy of Sarah Palin

If you think any of them are better presidents than President Obama, name the President and your rationale that makes him better

I did that in the post you quoted, can you not read?

My mistake.....I was responding to your next post

OK...So you respond JFK and Reagan
Two fine Presidents in my estimation

What did JFK accomplish in three years?
Not a hell of a lot. His first two years were pretty much wasted. It was not till year three that he began to shine. JFK had the Bay of Pigs that was a disaster, Cuban Missile crisis was a major accomplishment but he didn't get the Soviets to back down like history records. JFK also pulled our missiles out of Turkey. JFK could have also done more for Civil Rights which he ignored the first two years. Then there was opening the door to Vietnam

Overall, I'd take Obamacare, stopping an economic depression, expansion of gay rights, killing bin Laden, recognition of Cuba and the Iran nuclear deal

I

On what planet is Obamacare a success ?

There was no depression.

Reagan brings down the Soviet Union.

Bill Clinton ranks up there for me.

He did a lot of good things.

He dumped the far left wing real fast.

He helped get the GOP in congress.

He reformed welfare.

The economy boomed under him.

Reagan had to hardly campaign for re-election. Who do the dems run against him ? Mondale ????? Talk about a "gimme". No campaign and almost a clean sweep.

Clinton hardly had to campaign for re-election. Who is his opponent. Mr. No-Personality. Talk about a "gimme". No campaign and a strong re-election.

Obama campaigned for well over a year. The best the GOP could do was Romney. And he has to fight for victory. That should tell you something.

What YOU think makes Obama great, some of us think makes him awful.

OK...so lets look at Reagan

A legendary President and idol of Conservatives. Cured the malaise that was engulfing the nation and made people proud to be Americans again. Reversed an economic recession and brought jobs. Cut taxes by a huge margin. Worked closely with Gorbachev on the collapse of the Soviet Union

I think history is starting to reevaluate Reagan and his impact. Long term impact of his supply side policies led to the demise of the middle class and mountains of debt. Iran Contra was outright illegal.

I think Obama closely mirrors Reagan in his economic recovery and has more of a lasting legacy

ROTFLMAO

Obama threw away his chance to lead on the economy by passing has asswipe health care law that is already dying on it's own.

Reagan was the idol of conservatives but was not really a hard liner. He peppered his administration with lots of moderates who could get things done. He worked with Tip O'Niel on many fronts and gave the impression that we had an engaged leader in the WH.

The press hated Reagan. He was pilloried on many levels. It was long afterwards that we appreciated him (probably when Bush came in and Bushed things up). Obama has only made it better.

Reagan did a lot of stupid stuff.....but the country sure seemed to get some energy while he was in office.

I don't know who I'd concider the greatest since WW2, but it's not Obama by any stretch of the imagination. I can think of a couple who would be in the running; JFK, and Reagan. JFK because he handled the threat of nuclear war well enough, stood face to face with an aggressive Russia, and pushed the space program. Reagan because he was an inspirational leader, a true patriot, and helped crush communist Russia. I admit that neither of my choices were perfect but the rest of the presidents were a pretty sorry bunch.
My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Obama is by far the worst. His signature achievement, Obamacare is a disaster, his foreign policy is a joke, his economic policy has damaged the country, he has stoked the fire of racism and divided the country along racial lines and he lies about everything. The entire world is laughing at us, at least those who are'nt celebrating our downfall are.

Another failed attempt

If you think any of them are better presidents than President Obama, name the President and your rationale that makes him better

Not a hell of a lot. His first two years were pretty much wasted. It was not till year three that he began to shine. JFK had the Bay of Pigs that was a disaster, Cuban Missile crisis was a major accomplishment but he didn't get the Soviets to back down like history records. JFK also pulled our missiles out of Turkey. JFK could have also done more for Civil Rights which he ignored the first two years. Then there was opening the door to Vietnam

Overall, I'd take Obamacare, stopping an economic depression, expansion of gay rights, killing bin Laden, recognition of Cuba and the Iran nuclear deal

I

There was no depression.

Obamacare was a benchmark in US social programs. It provided access to health insurance for over ten million who did not have it before, it ensured those with pre-existing conditions are not denied healthcare, it set a framework for reducing costs. In spite of Republican propaganda, it is far from a failure

We did not have a depression...we were headed for one
Losing 750,000 jobs a month, a stock market losing half its value, $30 trillion in household wealth gone, banks collapsing, auto industry collapsing, negative GDP. No postwar president has had to take over an economy as bad as this. Obama led a remarkable recovery. More remarkable in that Republicans tried to stop him every step of the way

It is a myth that Reagan brought down the Soviet Union. It was a house of cards and had been ready to collapse for decades. What Reagan did that was great was that he refused to exploit the collapse of the Soviet Union and gave whatever assistance he could to Gorbachev in the transition

My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Another failed attempt

I

JFK supported the Space Program, set us on track to land on the moon, your criticism of him in the Bay of Pigs incident is popular opinion but what alternatives did he have? Not many. He ran this country during a time when we were the closest to nuclear war than we've ever been before or since and it didn't happen. Concidering that Obama has no accomplishments at a, JFK is way better.

Obamacare is a failure, he lengthened and worsened the depression, and the Iran nuclear deal will most certainly be his greatest of all failures. Obama did nothing to expand gay rights, the courts did.

Like I said, few of the presidents since WW2 were "great", but to beat Obama, they didn't have to be.

Last edited:
My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Another failed attempt

I

There was no depression.

Obamacare was a benchmark in US social programs. It provided access to health insurance for over ten million who did not have it before, it ensured those with pre-existing conditions are not denied healthcare, it set a framework for reducing costs. In spite of Republican propaganda, it is far from a failure

Losing 750,000 jobs a month, a stock market losing half its value, $30 trillion in household wealth gone, banks collapsing, auto industry collapsing, negative GDP. No postwar president has had to take over an economy as bad as this. Obama led a remarkable recovery. More remarkable in that Republicans tried to stop him every step of the way

It is a myth that Reagan brought down the Soviet Union. It was a house of cards and had been ready to collapse for decades. What Reagan did that was great was that he refused to exploit the collapse of the Soviet Union and gave whatever assistance he could to Gorbachev in the transition
BUUUUSHHH Obama sucks as bad as any,we should use that Nobel as toilet paper.

What do you consider modern?

Lets go with post WWII
Nope try again,what on earth would qualify him to be the greatest in any times?!!

Well here is how it works

You explain how someone is a greater president than Obama and why and we will look at their accomplishments
Nope looking at him,not anyone else,unless you compare one pile of shit to another,you got nothing.

My ranking:
1. John F Kennedy
2. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight Eisenhower
4. Richard Nixon
5. Bill Clinton
6. George H W Bush
7. Gerald Ford
8. George Bush
9. Lyndon Johnson
10. Jimmy Carter
11. Barack Obama

Another failed attempt

I

There was no depression.

Jesus Christ! All of these pathetic lies have been debunked in countless threads since the first left wing hack posted it here. Nothing of substance that you just said is even remotely true. Obama is, as has been clearly shown by me and several others in this thread, the worst POTUS not only in modern times, but arguably in American history. You are wrong, you lost, admit it and move on.

Bill Clinton ranks up there for me.

He did a lot of good things.

He dumped the far left wing real fast.

He helped get the GOP in congress.

He reformed welfare.

The economy boomed under him.

Reagan had to hardly campaign for re-election. Who do the dems run against him ? Mondale ????? Talk about a "gimme". No campaign and almost a clean sweep.

Clinton hardly had to campaign for re-election. Who is his opponent. Mr. No-Personality. Talk about a "gimme". No campaign and a strong re-election.

Obama campaigned for well over a year. The best the GOP could do was Romney. And he has to fight for victory. That should tell you something.

What YOU think makes Obama great, some of us think makes him awful.

The thing that puts Bill Clinton high on my list is that he was savvy enough of a politician to not screw up the economy. Bill had NOTHING to do with the dot com boom but at least he stayed out of it and let capitalism do its thing. I don't put a lot of importance on his extra-marital affairs.

What do you consider modern?

Lets go with post WWII
Nope try again,what on earth would qualify him to be the greatest in any times?!!

Well here is how it works

You explain how someone is a greater president than Obama and why and we will look at their accomplishments
Nope looking at him,not anyone else,unless you compare one pile of shit to another,you got nothing.

Sorry

But that does not qualify as clean debate in the clean debate zone. You will actually have to present some facts that back up your opinion

Another failed attempt

I

There was no depression.

Jesus Christ! All of these pathetic lies have been debunked in countless threads since the first left wing hack posted it here. Nothing of substance that you just said is even remotely true. Obama is, as has been clearly shown by me and several others in this thread, the worst POTUS not only in modern times, but arguably in American history. You are wrong, you lost, admit it and move on.

OK...fair enough

Now it is up to you to prove these are "pathetic lies"

I

There was no depression.

OK...fair enough

As I said, it's already been done in thread after thread here.

You laid down the challenge, we took it up and you lost. Deal with it.

I

There was no depression.

OK...fair enough

Correct me if 'I am wrong, but I think that was done. See post #7, by your truely. Though I did not poke holes in all of your lies, I was able to dismantle your entire foundation. Maybe you should do as PredFan said, and admit you lost and move on...

I

There was no depression.

OK...fair enough

Self declared victories do not count for anything

If you have proof, provide it. Otherwise accept defeat

I

There was no depression.

OK...fair enough

Correct me if 'I am wrong, but I think that was done. See post #7, by your truely. Though I did not poke holes in all of your lies, I was able to dismantle your entire foundation. Maybe you should do as PredFan said, and admit you lost and move on...
Actually, you responded with opinion based on rightwing propaganda. Steaming FAIL after every point does not support your case

There was no depression.

OK...fair enough

Self declared victories do not count for anything

If you have proof, provide it. Otherwise accept defeat
Ummm, done, and done.

Forum List

Back