Banning ammo that can defeat body armor...?

so now no criminals want rifles eh?

What are the statistics regarding crimes committed with rifles?

79.9% of gun crime is with handguns.
11.1% with rifles.

MOST gun crime is the theft of the gun.

So, violent crime is the real question.

96.3% of violent acts involving a firearm occur with a handgun.

More violent acts are committed with shotguns than with rifles.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

I'm kinda surprised you're a gun grabber.
Almost all cops and ex-cops are gun grabbers, almost all former high ranking officers are too.

11.1% with rifles.

Almost all cops and ex-cops are gun grabbers, almost all former high ranking officers are too.
See , you're completely irrational on the topic. Have a good day RR

No, but for the first time I might actually believe you were a fuckin' low life MP.

no one, least of all I,cares what you think Road Runner. You're just a crusty old man who has nothing left in his life except the internet and his guns.

Not even smart enough to figure out that if you fight every little sensible gun regulation people will just feel less inclined to deal with you.

There is absolutely no reason to ban these rounds.

There is no sensible reason to resist background checks between on a private gun sell either, yet...............

There are several reasons....

1) background checks do not stop the 8-9,000 gun murders by criminals each year, nor the mass shootings that ocurr each year......

2) the time, money and manpower to regulate private sales would be too much for law enforcement resources

3) ******it is against the law....already, for a felon to buy a gun even from a private seller

4)******it is against the law to sell a gun to a felon even if you are a private seller

5) you would have to register all guns to have the database to know who is selling what guns to who as private sellers....which would be insane and a step towards a future ban...

So....on top of background checks of any kind already being useless at stopping violent crime....it also leads to abuses against law abiding gun owners....

How do you know the buyer is a felon if you don't do a background check?

DUH.

Billc - you do this in so many of your posts. You need to think things through before you post.

:cuckoo:

11.1% with rifles.

Completely false. Most cops are pro 2nd amendment. Of all people...they know more than anyone how important a gun is for self defense. They admit they'll have trouble getting to someone before a bad guy can.

Find 100 cops. Ask them how many have bought a gun for their wife and trained her to use it. Ask them if they believe a person should have a gun at home for defense. I bet 90-95 answet yes, yes and yes.

11.1% with rifles.

Completely false. Most cops are pro 2nd amendment. Of all people...they know more than anyone how important a gun is for self defense. They admit they'll have trouble getting to someone before a bad guy can.

Find 100 cops. Ask them how many have bought a gun for their wife and trained her to use it. Ask them if they believe a person should have a gun at home for defense. I bet 90-95 answet yes, yes and yes.

Roadrunner
bucs90

You're both stating opinions.

How about you BOTH post links that support your statements?

Hmmmm ?

:link::link:

11.1% with rifles.

I am pro 2nd Amendment. but as with ALL our rights, it isn't absolute.

11.1% with rifles.

No, but for the first time I might actually believe you were a fuckin' low life MP.

no one, least of all I,cares what you think Road Runner. You're just a crusty old man who has nothing left in his life except the internet and his guns.

Not even smart enough to figure out that if you fight every little sensible gun regulation people will just feel less inclined to deal with you.

There is absolutely no reason to ban these rounds.

There is no sensible reason to resist background checks between on a private gun sell either, yet...............

There are several reasons....

1) background checks do not stop the 8-9,000 gun murders by criminals each year, nor the mass shootings that ocurr each year......

2) the time, money and manpower to regulate private sales would be too much for law enforcement resources

3) ******it is against the law....already, for a felon to buy a gun even from a private seller

4)******it is against the law to sell a gun to a felon even if you are a private seller

5) you would have to register all guns to have the database to know who is selling what guns to who as private sellers....which would be insane and a step towards a future ban...

So....on top of background checks of any kind already being useless at stopping violent crime....it also leads to abuses against law abiding gun owners....

DUH.

Billc - you do this in so many of your posts. You need to think things through before you post.

11.1% with rifles.

Police unions are anti-gun.

I don't trust cops to tell the truth on the issue.

Rank and file may feel one way, top brass are anti-gun in general.

11.1% with rifles.

So, what is your objection to the public having the greentips?

11.1% with rifles.

So, what is your objection to the public having the greentips?

At no point did I say I objected to the public having them. I sad I don't have a problem with the ban, an entirely different statement.

Where did I advocate for registration you dumb fuck

I'd say the dumb fuck here is you....you have no idea what you believe.

in other words I didnt say I was for registration anywhere and you aren't man enough to admit that.

Poor little pussy Bull. I can see why you feel like you need unfettered access to guns , no penis.

DUH.

Private sales are generally to friends and family members. You know if they are a felon.

no they aren't go look at facebook yard sale sites people are selling guns to complete strangers all the time.

If you were "pro" 2nd Amendment you'd never advocate for registration because the 2nd is what guarantees all our other rights.

BullKurtz USMC

Doodette, why do the rabid RWs want criminals, illegals, terrorists, metal cases to have the same easy access to guns that the rest of us have? Why do you want those groups to outgun law enforcement?

DUH.
Private sales are generally to friends and family members. You know if they are a felon.
no they aren't go look at facebook yard sale sites people are selling guns to complete strangers all the time.
So?

Forum List

Back