Banned member rule question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2014
I have read the rules concerning mentioning banned members . My question is this, this morning I quoted a member who I didn't realize had just been banned. is quoting banned members considered to be mentioning them?

I would post which member it was, but obviously that would break the rule about talking about specific banned members.

I have read the rules concerning mentioning banned members . My question is this, this morning I quoted a member who I didn't realize had just been banned. is quoting banned members considered to be mentioning them?

I would post which member it was, but obviously that would break the rule about talking about specific banned members.

I am "just guessing" that you can QUOTE anyone and anything/source you want.
Just don't reply or address them or talk "about them"

Remove the source reference and just say
"this concept" "this point" and stick to the GENERIC content, just like you would any other source you are citing to discuss. To be safe, leave out reference to the username and just respond to the issue or problem in general.

That's what I would do until you receive instructions on what to do from a Mod/Admin.

If nobody confirms, then I would copy the text and put your own " " quotation marks,
just like borrowing words off any other source, that you are citing within YOUR message.
And don't worry about the source. Respond so generally it doesn't matter, because
you are only discuss the general concept or topic being discussed on that thread with others.

many here have suggested having a page saying who is currently banned and for how long....

many here have suggested having a page saying who is currently banned and for how long....
I like seeing the reasons.

The Banned Camp was the best part of another board I used to read.

• Banned

I am "just guessing" that you can QUOTE anyone and anything/source you want.
Just don't reply or address them or talk "about them"

Remove the source reference and just say
"this concept" "this point" and stick to the GENERIC content, just like you would any other source you are citing to discuss. To be safe, leave out reference to the username and just respond to the issue or problem in general.

That's what I would do until you receive instructions on what to do from a Mod/Admin.

If nobody confirms, then I would copy the text and put your own " " quotation marks,
just like borrowing words off any other source, that you are citing within YOUR message.
And don't worry about the source. Respond so generally it doesn't matter, because
you are only discuss the general concept or topic being discussed on that thread with others.

well, this was actually a case of i responded to a banned member, didn't realize they were banned until like an hour later when i read the thread again and noticed it said banned under their name.

we

• Banned

I like seeing the reasons.

The Banned Camp was the best part of another board I used to read.

the sports board i post on has a hilarious sub forum where banned posters are relegated to. No one is ever actually banned from the entire forum. Sometimes posters earn their way back out of that sub forum and sometimes they are stuck there forever, and watching them bitch and whine is quite amusing.

I'd think anyone but an Attention Whore would take this to mods via PM.

But, that's just me.

• Banned

I'd think anyone but an Attention Whore would take this to mods via PM.

But, that's just me.

LOLWUT? I assumed others would want to know as well.

I agree

With so many posters coming and going, how are you supposed to know who was banned and who just left?

Quoting a banned member is not against the rules.

I agree

With so many posters coming and going, how are you supposed to know who was banned and who just left?

Banned members have their names lined out and their title is "Banned" I think.

We're not super strict on just mentioning banned members anymore- it happens, we're not out hunting for it and we'll usually just red x it.

Where it's problematic is when posters bring the banned member and their actions into a converstation and derail threads or accuse them of being socks of a banned member. They aren't there to defend themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back