Bank of America announces zero down payment mortgages for Black and Latino homebuyers

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Because nothing says welcome to the neighborhood more than a big dose of racism.

Bank of America said it is now offering first-time homebuyers in a select group of big-city communities zero down payment, zero closing cost mortgages to help grow homeownership among Black and Hispanic/Latino communities. The offering will first become available in certain neighborhoods in Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles and Miami. The offering, called the Community Affordable Loan Solution, aims to help eligible individuals and families obtain an affordable loan to purchase a home, the bank said.

That actually amounts to 20% more interest paid over the life of the loan ... profit for the bank.

There is a reason why the phrase "No Money Down" was originated by hucksters and used car salesmen...

Matilda-Worst-Used-Car-Salesmen-Harry-Wormwood-760x429.jpg

They won't become insolvent. They will just foreclose and sell the property again.

Then how did these banks collapse in 2008 or whenever it was? House prices aren't always a straight line and it isn't liquid if a bank has to sit on a property for a year.

Then how did these banks collapse in 2008 or whenever it was? House prices aren't always a straight line and it isn't liquid if a bank has to sit on a property for a year.

The banks enjoyed yet another massive taxpayer funded bailout. I remember that shit and it pissed me off.
They didn't collapse.
How quickly people forget. Great times to be a tyrant / dictator.

Because nothing says welcome to the neighborhood more than a big dose of racism.

Meh, quit doing business with BofA over 20 years ago. Poor, bordering on illegal, business practices. I guess their business is suffering so they are trying to attract what they think are less than intelligent clientele--I think they are in for a rude awakening. BofA is a criminal enterprise along with Wells Fargo---IMHO.

Only banks that invested heavily in sub prime mortgages collapsed. Insurance companies that insured these mortgages crumbled and went out of business. What hit the banking industry the hardest was government regulators. They targeted small, independent banks that refused to make bad loans and closed them forcing the assets into bigger banks.

The banks paid back the TARP loans. The US Treasury made a huge profit.
Of course, the banks made out as well--just like they will on the student loans--the loser will be the US taxpayer as the democrats redistribute wealth to deadbeats--same as they did in the mortgage crises that has lead to the current homeless crises and lack of housing.

Forum List

Back