Condiments that change everything...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
America has the worst condiments.
Ketchup, yellow mustard and Mayonnaise.
All three have their purpose and value. What is a hot dog without mustard?
A BLT without mayonnaise?
But there are many other sauces and condiments that make dishes sooo much better.
Some of my favorites...

1) Pica De Gallo - as common in Mexico as ketchup in America. Extremely simple to make, and brings tacos/burritos to life.
2) Bang bang sauce. - variations are a base in 100s of South Asian stir frys and rice bowls. Again - super easy to make.
3) Bruschetta - some call it Italian Salsa. Again - easy to make, few ingredients with the quality of the tomatoes being the secret.

And not all condiments need to be a sauce of some sort. I happen to put nutritional yeast on almost everything. High in vitamin B. Some people use it as a cheese substitute, but I just use it along with salt & pepper (two other very common condiments). I also like cayenne, chili powder, turmeric. Tabasco is a favorite as well.

America has the worst condiments.
Ketchup, yellow mustard and Mayonnaise.
All three have their purpose and value. What is a hot dog without mustard?
A BLT without mayonnaise?
But there are many other sauces and condiments that make dishes sooo much better.
Some of my favorites...

1) Pica De Gallo - as common in Mexico as ketchup in America. Extremely simple to make, and brings tacos/burritos to life.
2) Bang bang sauce. - variations are a base in 100s of South Asian stir frys and rice bowls. Again - super easy to make.
3) Bruschetta - some call it Italian Salsa. Again - easy to make, few ingredients with the quality of the tomatoes being the secret.

Balsamic vinaigrette. Aside from being great on a Caprese salad, it's a wonderful dip for lots of fruits. I love it with strawberries and watermelon and pears.

iu

I buy a lot of the Primal Kitchen sauces and dressings. I find that some of their salad dressings can be used as dips. Most of their stuff is made with avocado oil instead of the unhealthy "seed" oils and they're sugar free. Good for the health nuts out there (of which I am one).

I have mentioned this stuff before....... the bomb on tacos.
Just the right amount of acidity and heat.
It is amazing on tacos.

qqqqqqqqqq.jpg

Forum List

Back