Balt. Mayor Back on Job After Stealing from Poor Children

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by chanel, Dec 3, 2009.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    The Associated Press: Baltimore mayor back on job despite guilty verdict

And the people of Baltimore will probably re-elect her. My - how low can our standards go?

2. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,445
    I remember hearing about that.

What I can't figure out is how our civic responsibility and overall morality has declined to the point that someone can pilfer from needy kids and still have the nerve to go back to a public job without dying from embarassment. I guess she just doesn't see it as being 'that' wrong.

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Vaguely, right?

NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

4. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,445

very vaguely. I think someone brought it up on the old MSN site and I read about it on the internet. is it just me or do other people think black politicians get treated with kid gloves when it comes to scandals and competence? I remember in the middle of the Katrina disaster, Nagin got big kudos in Time magazine for finding a working internet connection in his room! hahaha, someone plugged into a socket and a miracle happened!!! no story on why they didn't have a contingency plan or satellite phones though.

5. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,607
    Whadaya expect form a Baltimore mayor? Remember, the Pelosi roots run very deep in the Dimocratic cesspool there.

6. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    She's a politician. Nothing is that wrong unless she believes that expressing contrition will help her re-election chances.

Let us hope the racists don't realize she's black and make that an issue. The issue is the theft, not the thief's ethnicity.

7. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Gee another crooked Democrat Mayor, whats new about that, DC re-elected theirs after a cocaine bust. I'm sure the Democrats will treat this one the same way. They do seem to love their Bad boys, and girls.

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,677
    Good thing she wasn't a Rep. If so, the NYT would be running 8 foot front page lines for 69 weeks doncha know????

9. JScott

JScott I check facts.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Along with those pesky closet homosexual republicans(Larry Craig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), pedophiles(Radio Personality Pleads Guilty to Internet Luring - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver), receiving kickbacks(Former Treasurer Mark Paschall Indicted in Jeffco), funneling money to terrorists, wow(Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari: New York Businessman Pleads Guilty To Terror Financing), extramarital affairs(Gingrich Had Affair During Clinton Probe - washingtonpost.com).

Unbelievable, I think we might all be human.

10. Contessa_Sharra

Contessa_Sharra Searcher for Accuracy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Happens all the time, doesn't it?

Cindy McCain escaped prosecution for stealing/using drugs
    The Arizona Republic, August 24, 1994 -- "Cindy McCain, the wife of U.S. Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, admitted in a series of media interviews Monday that she became addicted to the painkillers Percocet and Vicodin. She said that she used the drugs from 1989 to 1992 and acknowledged that she had stolen some pills from the American Voluntary Medical Team, a charitable organization of which she is president . . . at one point, McCain, 40, was ingesting 15 to 20 pills a day . . . the normal dosage for seriously ill patients is 6 to 10 a day for a short period."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And part of the plea deal was that the Foundation was shut down, so not only did she escape any significant punishment, she caused poor people to lose a source of needed care and medications. Then she was held up as a "wonderful potential First Lady!"