Bakers...they won't stop if you just bake the cake...they want you to like it....

they already had the rings made, had spent the money to make them...then they noticed the sign...and took offense

Jardon did not discriminate or refuse service to the couple, and as a business co-owner, he has the right to display signage that promotes his personal values as he sees fit. But customers are also entitled to decline service from businesses that actively promote values that are hostile to their own. Renouf and White, however, weren't given the opportunity to make that call for themselves.

The couple, who plan to marry in August 2016, said they are hoping to get a refund on the as-yet-unfinished ring, even though shop employees said that refunds are not normally issued.

"The ring symbolizes love, and just knowing that that’s the sign that they have up there — every time I look at my ring, yes, I’ll think of us, clearly, but also everything we went through," White told The Telegram. "So I don’t want my ring from there anymore."

Canadian Jewelry Store Displays Anti-Gay Marriage Sign After Selling Lesbian Brides-To-Be An Engagement Ring

Shortly after the couple ordered the ring, a friend of theirs dropped by the store and noticed that the shopkeepers had displayed a sign in the window which read: "The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let's keep marriage between a man and a woman."

The friend snapped a photo for Renouf and White, who said they were shocked and upset by the move.

The sign had not been on display during the couple's previous visits to the store, The Telegram noted. The custom ring had been intended for White, as Renouf would like to return the initial proposal.

"If I had to know those posters were there beforehand, I wouldn’t give them business," White told The Telegram.

Don't go muddling up this thread with facts.

So you put up a sign that offends your customers and then complain when they don't want to do business with you

No moron, they already had the rings made, had spent the money to make them...then they noticed the sign...and took offense.......I heard the interview with the woman who was involved....she is a moron....

And the couple decided they did not want to do business with an establishment that openly advertised they oppose their marriage

Free enterprise at its finest
Breech of contract and possible theft of services: the couple will end up paying much more money.

After a quick search, maybe not. They will probably lose their deposit though.

Canadian Jewelry Store Displays Anti-Gay Marriage Sign After Selling Lesbian Brides-To-Be An Engagement Ring

The deposit was refunded and they are now taking their business elsewhere. This is pretty much a non-story.

The ring symbolizes love, and just knowing that that’s the sign that they have up there — every time I look at my ring, yes, I’ll think of us, clearly, but also everything we went through," White told The Telegram. "So I don’t want my ring from there anymore."

Says it all

Why would you want to look at a ring every day that was bought from someone who despises your marriage?

The ring symbolizes love, and just knowing that that’s the sign that they have up there — every time I look at my ring, yes, I’ll think of us, clearly, but also everything we went through," White told The Telegram. "So I don’t want my ring from there anymore."

Says it all

Why would you want to look at a ring every day that was bought from someone who despises your marriage?

Why would you want a cake from someone who doesn't like your marriage?

Says it all

The couple is right to take their business elsewhere. If only gays did the same to all other vendors.

Says it all

The couple is right to take their business elsewhere. If only gays did the same to all other vendors.

No, they want the advantage in all cases, government forcing the provision of a service, and the ability to renege on a contract due to ThoughtCrime.

Says it all

No, they want the advantage in all cases, government forcing the provision of a service, and the ability to renege on a contract due to ThoughtCrime.
My goodness you are projecting like a crazy person. They ASKED for a refund and received it. There is no indication that they would have sued for the refund or done anything but let the jeweler keep the money and find a different place to buy their rings.

Says it all

My goodness you are projecting like a crazy person. They ASKED for a refund and received it. There is no indication that they would have sued for the refund or done anything but let the jeweler keep the money and find a different place to buy their rings.

The "they" was directed at people who support going after people for things like this in general, not the couple in question. It was directed at "gays" as part of the 2nd sentence, not the first.

The extremes in the marriage equality movement and those in the hetero-fascist movement need to be contained by the sensible majority in both groups.

Here is a story I heard on the Dan and Amy show, I can't find the story yet....a jeweler in Canada is religious and pro traditional marriage, they actually made wedding rings for a gay couple that were getting married....after the rings were made, several thousand dollars worth.....the gay couple noticed a sign in the store that mentioned supporting traditional marriage....they refused to pay for the rings

So...a traditional religous person with a jewelry store actually makes rings for a gay wedding...and that isn't enough....they have not submitted to the borg collective completely and now will be punished...

The foolishness of believing that they will stop at you just serving them is silly........

Dan Proft mentioned a speech by Lincoln....who addressed some abolitionists who believed that they should just let the south (democrats) have their way of life and let the north (repbulicans) be free...Lincoln pointed out that the south would never let them just "be" that they would end up pushing until the north was also slave owning......

And he was right...they will not just stop at you serving them...you had better be completely on board and must submit to their goals...or you will pay.....

I don't know if this applies in this case but I've noticed "liberals" are not content in just having you comply in action but in mind and spirit as well. It borders on religious zeal to purify the hearts and minds of men.

There is no controversy. They asked for a refund and got it. This is the way business transactions should work. The customer takes the business elsewhere. It should work for bakers, florists and photographers the same way.

And the couple decided they did not want to do business with an establishment that openly advertised they oppose their marriage

Free enterprise at its finest
Breech of contract and possible theft of services: the couple will end up paying much more money.

Could be
So sue them

They will claim that the business breached the contract by its actions. I imagine they paid some type of deposit which the business won't return. They just refuse to pay any more to a business that they find offensive

So the jeweler is guilty of ThoughtCrime?

He provided the service as per the law. He put away his personal beliefs as you clowns keep asking people to do. Its clear you don't want tolerance, you want blinding acceptance.

You put up a sign that offends your customers...you lose customers

The free market at its finest

you only agree with the free market when it suits you, just like you only believe in freedoms you agree with. Typical progressive hack.

There's no such as a free market. Nobody wants one.

Could be
So sue them

They will claim that the business breached the contract by its actions. I imagine they paid some type of deposit which the business won't return. They just refuse to pay any more to a business that they find offensive

So the jeweler is guilty of ThoughtCrime?

He provided the service as per the law. He put away his personal beliefs as you clowns keep asking people to do. Its clear you don't want tolerance, you want blinding acceptance.

You put up a sign that offends your customers...you lose customers

The free market at its finest

you only agree with the free market when it suits you, just like you only believe in freedoms you agree with. Typical progressive hack.

There's no such as a free market. Nobody wants one.

There is a free market, but not the "ideal gas law" free market progressives always reference when they want to castigate it.

There is no controversy. They asked for a refund and got it. This is the way business transactions should work. The customer takes the business elsewhere. It should work for bakers, florists and photographers the same way.

Cue the "but but but but" exceptions to start coming from progressives on this one. Remember protected classes get special privileges.

Here is a story I heard on the Dan and Amy show, I can't find the story yet....a jeweler in Canada is religious and pro traditional marriage, they actually made wedding rings for a gay couple that were getting married....after the rings were made, several thousand dollars worth.....the gay couple noticed a sign in the store that mentioned supporting traditional marriage....they refused to pay for the rings

So...a traditional religous person with a jewelry store actually makes rings for a gay wedding...and that isn't enough....they have not submitted to the borg collective completely and now will be punished...

The foolishness of believing that they will stop at you just serving them is silly........

Dan Proft mentioned a speech by Lincoln....who addressed some abolitionists who believed that they should just let the south (democrats) have their way of life and let the north (repbulicans) be free...Lincoln pointed out that the south would never let them just "be" that they would end up pushing until the north was also slave owning......

And he was right...they will not just stop at you serving them...you had better be completely on board and must submit to their goals...or you will pay.....

I don't know if this applies in this case but I've noticed "liberals" are not content in just having you comply in action but in mind and spirit as well. It borders on religious zeal to purify the hearts and minds of men.
Yup just like the far right reactionary social cons, who are motivated by religious zealotry.

What's your point?

My point is this....the left says they should just bake the damn cake, take the pictures, make the pizza, make the rings....and they will be left alone....now we have a christian (?) jeweler who made the rings for the gay ceremony.....and that wasn't enough for this gay couple. They put up a sign, not against gays, but in support of their christian beliefs in marriage.....and the gays were offended to the point they stole money from this shop by not paying for rings they had ordered simply because of that sign....

And to think they will just accept the beliefs of religious people and let them live in peace.....you on the left do not understand your own fellow travelers .....the borg collective must have the entire human, body and soul....nothing else will be enough.....

they already had the rings made, had spent the money to make them...then they noticed the sign...and took offense

Jardon did not discriminate or refuse service to the couple, and as a business co-owner, he has the right to display signage that promotes his personal values as he sees fit. But customers are also entitled to decline service from businesses that actively promote values that are hostile to their own. Renouf and White, however, weren't given the opportunity to make that call for themselves.

The couple, who plan to marry in August 2016, said they are hoping to get a refund on the as-yet-unfinished ring, even though shop employees said that refunds are not normally issued.

"The ring symbolizes love, and just knowing that that’s the sign that they have up there — every time I look at my ring, yes, I’ll think of us, clearly, but also everything we went through," White told The Telegram. "So I don’t want my ring from there anymore."

Shortly after the couple ordered the ring, a friend of theirs dropped by the store and noticed that the shopkeepers had displayed a sign in the window which read: "The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let's keep marriage between a man and a woman."

The friend snapped a photo for Renouf and White, who said they were shocked and upset by the move.

The sign had not been on display during the couple's previous visits to the store, The Telegram noted. The custom ring had been intended for White, as Renouf would like to return the initial proposal.

"If I had to know those posters were there beforehand, I wouldn’t give them business," White told The Telegram.

Don't go muddling up this thread with facts.

So...they made the ring...right? That is what you fascists said would solve this problem....until it didn't.....now you don't like a sign that supports their religious belief......so now are we going back to court....?

What's your point?

My point is this....the left says they should just bake the damn cake, take the pictures, make the pizza, make the rings....and they will be left alone....now we have a christian (?) jeweler who made the rings for the gay ceremony.....and that wasn't enough for this gay couple. They put up a sign, not against gays, but in support of their christian beliefs in marriage.....and the gays were offended to the point they stole money from this shop by not paying for rings they had ordered simply because of that sign....

And to think they will just accept the beliefs of religious people and let them live in peace.....you on the left do not understand your own fellow travelers .....the borg collective must have the entire human, body and soul....nothing else will be enough.....

But the real story is the rings were never made and the customers got their deposit back.

Fauxrage averted.

Damn those Canadians.

Forum List

Back