Bakers...they won't stop if you just bake the cake...they want you to like it....

Here is a story I heard on the Dan and Amy show, I can't find the story yet....a jeweler in Canada is religious and pro traditional marriage, they actually made wedding rings for a gay couple that were getting married....after the rings were made, several thousand dollars worth.....the gay couple noticed a sign in the store that mentioned supporting traditional marriage....they refused to pay for the rings

So...a traditional religous person with a jewelry store actually makes rings for a gay wedding...and that isn't enough....they have not submitted to the borg collective completely and now will be punished...

The foolishness of believing that they will stop at you just serving them is silly........

Dan Proft mentioned a speech by Lincoln....who addressed some abolitionists who believed that they should just let the south (democrats) have their way of life and let the north (repbulicans) be free...Lincoln pointed out that the south would never let them just "be" that they would end up pushing until the north was also slave owning......

And he was right...they will not just stop at you serving them...you had better be completely on board and must submit to their goals...or you will pay.....

"Pro-Traditional Marriage" = ignorant bigot misquoting bible.

Does the Jeweler eat shrimp cocktail or wear mixed threads (polyester)?

Stop calling yourselves Christians when you don't follow the most basic teachings of Christ.
I don't believe you could possibly post anything more vapid.

So you put up a sign that offends your customers and then complain when they don't want to do business with you

No moron, they already had the rings made, had spent the money to make them...then they noticed the sign...and took offense.......I heard the interview with the woman who was involved....she is a moron....

And the couple decided they did not want to do business with an establishment that openly advertised they oppose their marriage

Free enterprise at its finest
Ehhh. Wrong. the merchandise was special ordered. Meaning, if the store owner did their due diligence, the customers are financially responsible. Tough shit.
This is a civil legal matter. Not an emotional/ political matter.
Get it?

So you put up a sign that offends your customers and then complain when they don't want to do business with you

No moron, they already had the rings made, had spent the money to make them...then they noticed the sign...and took offense.......I heard the interview with the woman who was involved....she is a moron....

And the couple decided they did not want to do business with an establishment that openly advertised they oppose their marriage

Breech of contract and possible theft of services: the couple will end up paying much more money.

Could be
So sue them

They will claim that the business breached the contract by its actions. I imagine they paid some type of deposit which the business won't return. They just refuse to pay any more to a business that they find offensive
That's not how it works. One does not get to escape from a contract just because they got their panties in a wad...

Breech of contract and possible theft of services: the couple will end up paying much more money.

Could be
So sue them

They will claim that the business breached the contract by its actions. I imagine they paid some type of deposit which the business won't return. They just refuse to pay any more to a business that they find offensive

So the jeweler is guilty of ThoughtCrime?

He provided the service as per the law. He put away his personal beliefs as you clowns keep asking people to do. Its clear you don't want tolerance, you want blinding acceptance.
That is 100% spot on.....

I know of no jeweler who will do custom work without a deposit
They also still have the rings

Where did the jeweler lose money?
Obviously you've never operated a small business. Nor have you any fucking clue about business.
Let me spell it out for you....Their time. Their talent. Their labor.
None of which is free.
Instead of standing on the sidelines and complaining, try it sometime.....
Have a customer stif you on a custom made or special order item.....You'll not walk but RUN to the phone so that you can contact your attorney.

Could be
So sue them

That's not how it works. One does not get to escape from a contract just because they got their panties in a wad...
Nope, they escape because of lack of full disclosure.

Here is a story I heard on the Dan and Amy show, I can't find the story yet....a jeweler in Canada is religious and pro traditional marriage, they actually made wedding rings for a gay couple that were getting married....after the rings were made, several thousand dollars worth.....the gay couple noticed a sign in the store that mentioned supporting traditional marriage....they refused to pay for the rings

So...a traditional religous person with a jewelry store actually makes rings for a gay wedding...and that isn't enough....they have not submitted to the borg collective completely and now will be punished...

The foolishness of believing that they will stop at you just serving them is silly........

Dan Proft mentioned a speech by Lincoln....who addressed some abolitionists who believed that they should just let the south (democrats) have their way of life and let the north (repbulicans) be free...Lincoln pointed out that the south would never let them just "be" that they would end up pushing until the north was also slave owning......

And he was right...they will not just stop at you serving them...you had better be completely on board and must submit to their goals...or you will pay.....

A Canadian example I notice. Makes about as much sense as an Iranian example then morphing it into a US application.
Anyone who conflates Canada with Iran is a certifiable idiot.

Could be
So sue them

Nope, they escape because of lack of full disclosure.
Please point out the lack of disclosure...If you are implying "the owners views on gay marriage" you could not be more incorrect.
Stop reaching.
A contract is a contract..
This is the problem with you lefties. You think your little problems are reason for you to be given a do over.
"Well I am a single mom"
"I had bills"
"I had to go to Kentucky because my uncle needed help building his fence"
" He said mean things to me"...
UGH...STOP with the fucking excuses. Pay up!

Contracts must be honored. If your side enters with bad faith and fails to disclose, the contract can be voided. Give everything back, cheat. Your type, thereisnospoon, are so very easy to back down and made to give back. Bullies are always cowards, like you.

The merchant was lucky to walk away with just giving the deposit back.

This is why the far right reactionaries and social conservative evangelical Christian cheats have lost the battle. You welshed on your contract with America.

So, the customer can decide he/she doesn't want to do business, but the owner cannot? Funny standard you follow there.

Yes, that is the way it works

If you own a business, you must serve everyone
A customer is free to decide who he wants to give his business to

Is that so hard to understand?

"If you own a business, you must serve everyone"

You'd better investigate that, because you're wrong.

Not if the sign was in the window when the made the contract.

It wasn't.

So.....it was a sign.....

It was a sign that was put up after the couple had placed the order.

So....it didn't say we hate gays...did it? and if it did.....free speech...right? they agreed to make the ring...right? And like the baker...the baker explained they were religious and couldn't bake the cake.....and they were attacked anyway...right? So even if the gays new in advance that the jewelry store was run by a religious individual, and that they did not support gay marriage, would they have still insisted they make the ring if they had refused......probably.....but when the actually agreed to make the ring in advance, and then the gays saw the sign....then they decided not to have them make the ring....right?

So they would have forced the ring maker to make the ring if he had refused.....and when he agreed but put up the sign...then they get offended? they are morons....

You got to understand: the queers demand that we all like them, but they are free to direct hate at whomever they like.

Wow....you just demand we all hate 'queers' like you hate everyone.

Ehhh. Wrong. the merchandise was special ordered. Meaning, if the store owner did their due diligence, the customers are financially responsible. Tough shit.
Get it?

Absolutely- apparently the jeweler worked something out with the couple- but if they had refused to pay for their order they would have been breaking a contract- and could have been held liable.

They would be violating business law just like a baker who break public accomodation laws and refuses to sell cakes to a gay couple.

Both are wrong.

Contracts must be honored. If your side enters with bad faith and fails to disclose, the contract can be voided. Give everything back, cheat. Your type, thereisnospoon, are so very easy to back down and made to give back. Bullies are always cowards, like you.

This is why the far right reactionaries and social conservative evangelical Christian cheats have lost the battle. You welshed on your contract with America.

You are just wrong Jake.

The gay couple placed an order- there was no bad faith- that would imply the jeweler intended to not provide the piece or to provide a purposely flawed piece. There is no requirement that the jeweler like his customers.

If the customers refused to pay, they could have been held liable.

Just like the baker who refused to bake the cake for the gay couple- this couple would have been in the wrong if the jeweler did not agree to work something out with them.

You are just wrong Jake.

The gay couple placed an order- there was no bad faith- that would imply the jeweler intended to not provide the piece or to provide a purposely flawed piece. There is no requirement that the jeweler like his customers.

If the customers refused to pay, they could have been held liable.

Just like the baker who refused to bake the cake for the gay couple- this couple would have been in the wrong if the jeweler did not agree to work something out with them.
I am not talking about the couple. The jeweler pretended to be something he was not in order to make a sale, and the couple called him on it. That all worked it out is the best. If some one is offering a product for sale, full disclosure is required.

The gay couple who refused to pay for the rings are clearly in breach of contract. The jeweler can sue for damages, which would be the sale price of the ring. Disagreeing with someone is not a defense to breach of contract. If people could break contracts based on political/religious disagreements, there would be complete chaos.

The gay couple who refused to pay for the rings are clearly in breach of contract. The jeweler can sue for damages, which would be the sale price of the ring. Disagreeing with someone is not a defense to breach of contract. If people could break contracts based on political/religious disagreements, there would be complete chaos.
The judge would laugh you out of court.

The judge would laugh you out of court.
Your layman's opinion of the law is duly noted.

Get it?

Absolutely- apparently the jeweler worked something out with the couple- but if they had refused to pay for their order they would have been breaking a contract- and could have been held liable.

They would be violating business law just like a baker who break public accomodation laws and refuses to sell cakes to a gay couple.

Both are wrong.
The problem with that is the jeweler knew he was working for a gay couple. Not only that the jeweler agreed to do the work. Therefore the jeweler should be paid in full. That is regardless of how tight the wad is in the panties of the couple.
Had the jeweler refused service based solely on the orientation of the couple, THAT could possibly be ruled a violation of any existing public accommodations laws that may be in effect. In which case, that would be a matter for the criminal courts and would have no bearing on any civil action taken by the owner of the business who has in hand a binding contract.
Once again, one does not have the right to alter or break a contract because they suddenly claim they are insulted or offended.
Especially in light of the fact that the jeweler made no reference or comment to the couple themselves. All the jeweler did was make a political statement. Last time I checked is protected free speech.

Forum List

Back