Baker must make gay cakes

Wow. That's great news!

THE MARCH TO EQUALITY CONTINUES!

You won't be "equal" until you can have a baby by getting fucked up the ass.

So you are saying all these infertile couples are "unequal", then?

No, since infertile couples can still adopt & raise kids in a natural fashion, a mother & a father. I realize you're too stupid to understand that having a male father & female mother is the best enviroment to raise children in...just because fags could adopt doesn't mean the kid is going to grow up in the best enviroment...but the contrary, it would be the worst possible scenario to raise a child...just look at how mentally screwed up fags are by and large.

Homosexuals refuse to recognize the inherent traits of male and female genders. How the two compliment each other and how we as a species have survived, as nature has it. They see it as a conspiracy instead so their goal is to normalize their relationships and pretend there's nothing unusual about it. They can't convince people so they want to legislate it into being and have government participate in the lie.

Seems to me that's exactly what you've been arguing:

How is that arguing the past, that is exactly what the Commission is telling him.

No, that's not at all what the Commission is telling him. The Commission told him that he's not allowed to discriminate due to sexual orientation. There's nothing in their ruling about forcing him to bake any cakes.

The commission has no legal authority to issue that ruling, yet you support it because it makes you feel good. While you are ignoring the fact that the commission actually can't force him to keep records of non customers, which would violate the privacy of a third party who is not a part of the dispute, you are pretending that the end result of all this will not be an attempt to force the baker to provide a specific service he isn't even offering.

But, please, keep telling me I am the one that is obsessed with the past, I know it makes you feel almost as clever as rdean.

If I give a friend $500.00 so his girlfriend can get an abortion, did I sin knowing what the money was for?

If I let my neighbor borrow my hammer because he wanted to murder his wife with it, did I commit a crime?

If I let my son drive my car knowing he is drunk and he kills someone by driving on the sidewalk, am I not guilty as well?

If I bake a cake for a gay wedding and homosexuality is considered a sin in my religion, am I not committing a sin?

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, where – again – religious doctrine and dogma cannot be used to ‘excuse’ disobeying a just and proper law, such as public accommodations laws.

What's next, forcing church's to perform gay weddings? Because that's what this "Panel" is doing, you wait and see.

Incorrect.

Public accommodations laws apply only to for profit commercial entities that provide goods and services to the general public in the context of a given local market, where the Commerce Clause authorizes government to safeguard the integrity of the markets, as allowing discriminatory practices can result in the disruption of the local market and other interrelated market (Wickard v. Filburn (1942)).

Churches are private non-profit entities, and are not subject to public accommodations laws accordingly.

I have already thoroughly destroyed this argument, and even provided court citations to back it up, yet you keep repeating it. Is that a sign of senility, or just that you are a hack?

If I give a friend $500.00 so his girlfriend can get an abortion, did I sin knowing what the money was for?

If I let my neighbor borrow my hammer because he wanted to murder his wife with it, did I commit a crime?

If I let my son drive my car knowing he is drunk and he kills someone by driving on the sidewalk, am I not guilty as well?

If I bake a cake for a gay wedding and homosexuality is considered a sin in my religion, am I not committing a sin?

You may think I'm wrong and that's cool, you have your opinion. I can sell donuts to homosexuals, the klan, to whoever and that is not a sin. I can make a cake for a homosexuals birthday party, that's cool too. But when you force me to participate in something that goes against my religion, that's not cool. Forcing this guy to bake a wedding cake is forcing him to participate in their sin, that is not cool.

What's next, forcing church's to perform gay weddings? Because that's what this "Panel" is doing, you wait and see.

Your religion is not a trump card that can used to violate other's constitutional rights. No matter what your religion, if you choose to enter into an endeavour, a business for example, that is bound by the law to respect the rights of others, you are so bound;

your religion is not some sort of legal immunity.

There is no constitutional right to a wedding cake.

Gays can get away with a lot, but when the public has had enough, this is the result.

Reports of Anti-Gay Crimes Rose 26 Percent in 2013, Advocates Say - Midtown - DNAinfo.com New York

It is not an easy task to get people to accept degeneracy as normal behavior. They have a tendency to fight back.

:rolleyes: you mean like the kind of degeneracy that ACCEPTS 'fighting back' with physical violence against gays as normal behavior??

The organization's research found that 594 people reported attacks in New York City because of their sexual identity in 2013, up from 470 in 2012. The numbers are based on a combination of attacks reported in the media and victims who reported incidents to AVP.

The organization cautioned that their numbers may be “a reflection of the enhanced accuracy in reporting, as well as the fact that we are reaching more New Yorkers with our message of safety for LGBTQ and HIV-affected people," rather than show an increase in violence, AVP Executive Director Sharon Stapel said.

Nationally, the number of reported anti-gay attacks was down slightly in 2013 compared to 2012, with a nearly 1 percent decrease, according to a report by the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs.

Reports of Anti-Gay Crimes Rose 26 Percent in 2013, Advocates Say - Midtown - DNAinfo.com New York

More like the kind degeneracy that doesn't see a problem with attacking a gay candidate if he is a Republican, but makes a big deal out of a drunk asshole saying faggot.

Break-in at GOP candidate?s office - POLITICO.com

They should just eliminate those public accomodation laws so businesses can refuse anyone for any reason and then let the court of public opinion ride.

They can't do that, that would prove that they are wrong about needing the government to protect us all from the evils of the free market.

That baker looks like a butch gay, so I don't understand why he wouldn't bake for his own kind.

Oh, that's right. His religious beliefs do not override sexual orientation. Good.

Did you notice that he doesn't even bake cakes as part of his business, yet he still has to bake a cake for a gay wedding? Tell me how that isn't slavery.

He isn't being "forced" to bake a cake for any wedding. The wedding in question happened a long time ago.

He's being "forced" not to discriminate based on sexual orientation, nothing more.

Sorry, but when the government steps in and tells you that you have to do something that is against your religion, then it's being "forced."

If I owned a bakery today, I would cease making wedding cakes altogether. That way the government couldn't force me to do something against my religion. Everyone has a right to practice their religion as they see fit as long as it doesn't hurt someone else. Not providing a wedding cake is not hurting them. Trashing their house, throwing rocks on them, that's hurting them.

Sadly we've got the people saying we should all start our own business as an answer to our low paying jobs and lack of jobs, but the truth is that with regulations and laws, it's almost impossible to start a business and when you do, if you have to give up who you are, it's not worth it. I don't think the Muslim man should have been forced to give a hair cut to the woman in his barber shop and I don't think this man should be forced to provide a wedding cake to gays.

If I owned a bakery today, I would run it just like muslims run their bakeries. If you want a cake, you walk in and buy one. What you do with it is up to you. If you want a decorated cake, and insist, you will get a plain, bare cake and a bag of frosting with written directions on how to decorate it.

If you know the owner, go to the same mosque, or speak farsi as a first language, you might be able to convince the owner to perform a favor for a price and get something approximating what you want.

Muslims have these policies because they won't make Christian wedding cakes as part of a Christian religious ceremony. It's against their religion. It works just as well for same sex weddings.

He didn't refuse to serve gay people. No doubt the bakery served a lot of gay people.

He really cannot be ordered to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple when he doesn't make them for anyone else.

That's not what I asked.

Then explain how forcing a baker to provide a service he doesn't supply just because the customer is gay is legal.

I believe at the time he probably provided wedding cakes, now he says he is too busy.

That's not what I asked.

Then explain how forcing a baker to provide a service he doesn't supply just because the customer is gay is legal.

I believe at the time he probably provided wedding cakes, now he says he is too busy.

The point is that the current ruling, which the commission has no legal authority to actually issue, is forcing him to prove he doesn't discriminate by providing information about third parties that violate privacy laws. The only possible logic behind that is that they believe that they can force the bakery to provide a service to gays, even if he doesn't supply it to anyone else.

i'd go down to my local zoo in pick up a few pounds of shit. I'd use that for the filling for the cake! ;)

Then you would be breaking the implied warranty of mercantability under the uniform commercial code. Because people don't reasonably expect animal feces in a wedding cake. So you would lose again and pay even more money.

Just quit being a douchbag and treat people with respect and dignity and not like second class citizens.

Yup, because you should totally go to jail because an imaginary pixie in the Sky said something.

So when is he going to start stoning his neighbors for working on Sunday like the Sky Pixie said?
I've not worked a single Sunday in my entire life. Even as a student in college, I'd work 6 days in the summer months, and evenings, and Saturdays while in school, but never on Sunday.

I realize that there are folks of different faiths, thus my motto is to live and let live. This applies to both working on Sundays and gay marriage. However I will not participate in any of these events in any way as I myself have my own faith and I do not intend on renouncing it. I'd go to jail first.

So...do you watch any football on Sunday?

If so then that's as bad as working.

:eusa_shhh:

I won't tell if you don't.
I wish I could have a job where I watch football all the time, I'd be volunteering for overtime work, day and night. Doesn't matter if it's NFL or college football.

Kidding aside, watching football, or any sporting event is a recreational event, not considered as work. If I were to mow my lawn or paint the fence on Sunday, that would be considered work. I do all my house chores after work on weekdays, or on Saturday. In my home Sunday is the day to worship God, and a day to spend with family. Not to mention a day of rest.

Is it just me, or is every post VandalSchMandle posts an attack on Christians? I can't think of one post in which he didn't take a jab at them..

Forum List

Back