Bad teachers

Teachers are to have high expectations of their students. As such, the grade of F should not be taken off the table. If the student does F work, then the student should get a F. Sometimes this is the best lesson possible for a student that tries to do the minimum possible in a class and still feel entitled to a passing grade.

Last edited:
Teachers are to have high expeditions of their students. As such, the grade of F should not be taken off the table. If the student does F work, then the student should get a F. Sometimes this is the best lesson possible for a student that tries to do the minimum possible in a class and still feel entitled to a passing grade.

Truly, anything I would say would just detract from the hilarity.

Teachers are to have high expeditions of their students. As such, the grade of F should not be taken off the table. If the student does F work, then the student should get a F. Sometimes this is the best lesson possible for a student that tries to do the minimum possible in a class and still feel entitled to a passing grade.

Truly, anything I would say would just detract from the hilarity.

Thanks for pointing out the error Joe. Just give me an F for spelling and typos.

So a good school board can step in when they deem the parents as disinterested or under informed, because they're "helping". The state thinks they own our kids.

Your comment is inaccurate.

The School Board does have the responsibility and authority within the purview of law to educate our children. Parents always have private and home schooling as acceptable options.

School is a great place to fail. There are many resources and people to help you recover. Much better there than after your school years. Less costly to society as well.

I guess I feel fortunate to live where I do as the schools here are very very good and the teachers are top notch. We have very very few kids who don't go onto further education beyond high school and a miniscule amount that join the military so overall that's a huge success. We don't deal with the inner city overwhelming problems that those teachers face every day. Not a job that I would do for triple the pay they make. Not worth it. I have 4 kids who went through our public schools and each one was well prepped for college and the working world. I can't thank those teachers enough. As far as I am concerned they are underpaid for what they provide and for their dedication.

I went to a teachers union rally..
I had with me a stack of report cards from various students.

This union teacher said to me "If im a bad teacher prove it"
So I did.

I read off the report cards in his face..

F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, D, D, D, D, F, F, F, D, D, D, F, F, F, D, D, D, D, F, F, C, C, D, D, F, F, F..

all the way down the line, and I said... that is what you get when you wont control your classroom, or teach your students or suit the needs of your students.

Then I punched him his face.

:)

Education starts in school, since you claim to be "educators"

Says who? The leftist teacher's unions and the school administrators of cultural Marxism?

The only place education begins at home is in the homes of those who homeschool, and we all know what lefty wants to do to that option.

My students with the best grades in my class AND on tests are the ones where the parents are involved in their education. This is what actually happens if a parent's attitude is that education is ONLY to be at school:

-The parent is being perceived as suggesting that education isn't important to them
-The child sees this behavior and decides that if education isn't important to their parents-why should it be important to them? After all that's their parent(s)
-The child doesn't care about school. Sits there and refuses to do ANY work
-The teacher can try all they want but if the kid doesn't see education as important and really doesn't want to do well-you can't make them
-The teacher also is the teacher of 20+ other kids in the classroom NOT just your child. Some of those other children DO get educational help at home...which means your child IS behind them.

The 2 main reasons why students drop out from what I've seen:

A) They don't bother showing up to school (parent's fault, obviously not the teacher's)
B) They don't do the work because they don't see how it'll help them in the future

I laugh at parents with attitudes like some of yours. They wonder why their kids do shitty in school...many times it's because they don't respect their teachers (if their parents don't why the hell should they respect their teacher?). They then do AWFUL compare to the other students...and the parents them BLAME THE TEACHERS.

Some people are complete morons.

I don't fail students--they fail on their own. If you student hands me "C" work--they're going to get a "C". I'm going to hand them an "A" just because they completed their work. A works gets A's. C work gets C's. F work (usually due to lack of work) gets F's. Don't like it? Tough shit. I don't believe in handouts--INCLUDING grades. It's the wrong attitude to teach your kids

I laugh at parents with attitudes like some of yours. They wonder why their kids do shitty in school...many times it's because they don't respect their teachers (if their parents don't why the hell should they respect their teacher?). They then do AWFUL compare to the other students...and the parents them BLAME THE TEACHERS.

Some people are complete morons.

Yup. And unfortunately for us, a lot of them are teachers.

Yup. And unfortunately for us, a lot of them are teachers.

There are some moronic teachers-no doubt about it. But it's funny how people lump all of us together. They get pissed off when I fail little Johnny and blame me.....when little Johnny didn't do jack shit in class. Tell me do you think little Johnny deserves to pass just for breathing? I sure don't.

But like I've said in my experience students who drop out it's the parent's fault. As a high school English teacher I have students who can't even read. Is it their past teacher's fault for just blindly passing them? Sure. But wouldn't you think the parents would notice and I don't know maybe think of teaching their kids how to read?

My students with the best grades in my class AND on tests are the ones where the parents are involved in their education. This is what actually happens if a parent's attitude is that education is ONLY to be at school:

-The parent is being perceived as suggesting that education isn't important to them
-The child sees this behavior and decides that if education isn't important to their parents-why should it be important to them? After all that's their parent(s)
-The child doesn't care about school. Sits there and refuses to do ANY work
-The teacher can try all they want but if the kid doesn't see education as important and really doesn't want to do well-you can't make them
-The teacher also is the teacher of 20+ other kids in the classroom NOT just your child. Some of those other children DO get educational help at home...which means your child IS behind them.

The 2 main reasons why students drop out from what I've seen:

A) They don't bother showing up to school (parent's fault, obviously not the teacher's)
B) They don't do the work because they don't see how it'll help them in the future

I hear you. My concern here goes go to educational freedom. Either way, education starts at home, and parents, not teachers, decide what's best for their children. But of course what you say is absolutely true. Children whose parents are intimately involved in the formers' education are the most fortunate in that regard.

I hear you. My concern here goes go to educational freedom. Either way, education starts at home, and parents, not teachers, decide what's best for their children. But of course what you say is absolutely true. Children whose parents are intimately involved in the formers' education are the most fortunate in that regard.

I agree with you. I believe in people being able to home school their kids if they want to. I have no problems with them doing so. My point is that parents just don't want to be parents anymore.

The first time I spoke with the parent of a kid with behavior problems and/or lack of care/effort in school over the phone and they asked me "what do you think I should do?"...I was FLOORED. I felt like saying "be a parent and straighten your kid up!".

Sadly that question's not that uncommon.

I agree with you. I believe in people being able to home school their kids if they want to. I have no problems with them doing so. My point is that parents just don't want to be parents anymore.

The first time I spoke with the parent of a kid with behavior problems and/or lack of care/effort in school over the phone and they asked me "what do you think I should do?"...I was FLOORED. I felt like saying "be a parent and straighten your kid up!".

Scary, ain't it? Children raising children. You do realize that the reason he/she asked you that, the shocking irony flying right over his/her head, is because as a teacher you're an authority figure. You're dealing with someone who has never grown up themselves. Far too many parents nowadays want to be their child's buddy. You sound like a great teacher and a great person. I'm pleased to meet you.

I guess I feel fortunate to live where I do as the schools here are very very good and the teachers are top notch. We have very very few kids who don't go onto further education beyond high school and a miniscule [sic] amount that join the military so overall that's a huge success.

You know what? Fuck you. The military is a big reason you are able to sit on your ass and pretend to look down your nose at your betters, fool.

Last edited:

So I did.

F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, D, D, D, D, F, F, F, D, D, D, F, F, F, D, D, D, D, F, F, C, C, D, D, F, F, F..

all the way down the line, and I said... that is what you get when you wont control your classroom, or teach your students or suit the needs of your students.

The teacher should have realized that if he had given straight A's to all of his students he would be classified as a superior teacher. Of course being in the union lowered his chances for merit pay.

So I did.

What a special, special story you made up! You get a sticker!

:rolleyes:

I'm sure there are a number of them. A parent was called to the school because the school thought the girl's dress was inappropriate and the parent yelled at the VP, "Why do you people let her dress like that?" True story.

Public School is a reflection of The Public.

The Public has never been pretty. The "point is that parents just don't want to be parents anymore;" is absurd. In your imaginary, parallel universe, parents, for some inexplicable reason after eons of evolution, have suddenly become less interested in their kids than ever? No.

Parents today want to be parents. They also want their families to thrive; they want to save money for their retirement so they are not their children's burden; they want to save money for their children's education, or maybe they want to just be able to pay the rent on a safe apartment. Maybe they want to pay medical bills. Point being, to be parents costs money, more money than it did in 1955, or 1965, or 1975, or 1985 (you get the idea: the cost of living has risen quite a bit). Often this means that BOTH PARENTS are employed. Technology has been developed to help this situation, but the status quo is not a result of, "parent's that just don't want to be parents."

Forum List

Back