Backing up our soldiers

I get very pissed when people bash the Canadian military. Not everyone aspires to be as big and powerful as the USA, but, on the other hand you can only be as effective as your government allows you to be. Canadian soldiers deserve the same respect American soldiers are given simply because they go were they are told, and do the best they can with what they are given.

BTW, there have been several Canadians injured and one killed by a homicide bomber peice of shit in Afghanistan on Tuesday. Lets not argue over who is better, just pray for all of them to be safe, and return home alive - American and Canadian.

Said1, I think things are getting worked out between our governments. We have too many that spout off because they feel betrayed by the UN. Canada has too many vocals on the message boards, (not this one in particular, most of the Canadians here are considerate), that seem to go out of their way to be 'European' and denigrate the US. Glad to hear from you and I've always respected the Canadian military, I wish your government would back them more.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Said1, I think things are getting worked out between our governments. We have too many that spout off because they feel betrayed by the UN. Canada has too many vocals on the message boards, (not this one in particular, most of the Canadians here are considerate), that seem to go out of their way to be 'European' and denigrate the US. Glad to hear from you and I've always respected the Canadian military, I wish your government would back them more.

I wish our government would at least give them some public moral support, especially lately with all the hoop la regarding how badly they need updating. Anyway, I think there are far bigger issues worth debating with regard to our countries relations, but it does provide a good distraction ;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back