Back Ribs

I do em pretty much the same way but it also depends on the type ribs I'm making.
Baby backs I do kinda like yours,rub em down with a pork friendly rub and cookem until done then put some BBQ sauce on em and let em go until the BBQ sauce sets.

Beef ribs like short ribs/dino ribs I dry rub the night before and slow smokem with no BBQ sauce since they're basically a brisket they dont need BBQ sauce.
That beef rib procedure sounds really good!!

I do em pretty much the same way but it also depends on the type ribs I'm making.
Baby backs I do kinda like yours,rub em down with a pork friendly rub and cookem until done then put some BBQ sauce on em and let em go until the BBQ sauce sets.

Beef ribs like short ribs/dino ribs I dry rub the night before and slow smokem with no BBQ sauce since they're basically a brisket they dont need BBQ sauce.

Short ribs beef.
The fat in em is perfectly distributed throughout the meat.
So tender and rich,one is enough per person.

IMG_2816.jpeg
IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

View attachment 743929

Just about ready!
Got up and started them at 5am but struggled to get up to temp because it was so cold and frosty at first
I also cooked baby back ribs yesterday for New Year's. Needed something to go with the blackeyed peas.

I put them on the Big Green Egg about 10:00. Wrapped them a little after noon. Took them off perfectly cooked a couple of hours later and let them rest until it was time to eat.

Of course it was in the high 70s so no need to worry about the smoker not keeping temperature.

Yep, the Obama admin OK'd the sale of Smithfield to a Chinese company. Smithfield owns Jimmy Dean, Hormel, Nathans, Bar S, John Morrell and a bunch more. It is really difficult to find processed meat or pork products that isn't Smithfield. Obama wasn't smart enough to realize he was selling our food the Chinese and what the potential detriment would be. Biden has done the same by approving the sale of land to the Chinese that is a stones throw from SAC bases in ND. It also makes it clear that W. Bush was part of the swamp as he supported giving port security to a Dubai firm in 2006. Thankfully, clearer heads prevailed on that one and it didn't pass.
Oh, he was smart enough, and traitorous enough.

Parboiling means boiling them in water for at least a half hour in a big pot with 1 or 2 onions. It makes the meat so tender it falls off the bone.

A quick and easy sauce is made with ketchup, brown sugar, salt n pepper and Lee & Perrins worstershire sauce.

That sounds disgusting.

Making pork ribs tender is always easy to do. However, cooking them with great smoke flavor is what you should be striving to do and you literally wash out the flavor if you boil them.

By the way, "falling off the bone" means they are over cooked.

I also cooked baby back ribs yesterday for New Year's. Needed something to go with the blackeyed peas.

I put them on the Big Green Egg about 10:00. Wrapped them a little after noon. Took them off perfectly cooked a couple of hours later and let them rest until it was time to eat.

Of course it was in the high 70s so no need to worry about the smoker not keeping temperature.

I love my Kamado Joe!!!
As far as an all around cooker it's hard to beat.
I'd say its only weakness is BBQ. You can kind of cheat with it but it just doesnt work well for BBQ since it's difficult to add wood.
Other than that I love em!!! You can hold temps for hours on end with very little effort.

My favorite BBQ.

Unfortunately I only know of one place where I can get the whole beef ribs like that and it is an hour away.

I have it about four times a year.

It's hard to find them at a BBQ joint even in Texas.
Those that do sell em usually only do so one day a week since they require so much time and wood to make em.
And when they do they're very pricey.

Just about ready!
Got up and started them at 5am but struggled to get up to temp because it was so cold and frosty at first
I know people on the other side of your state who would pick a fight with you over who does it better.

Parboiling means boiling them in water for at least a half hour in a big pot with 1 or 2 onions. It makes the meat so tender it falls off the bone.
A quick and easy sauce is made with ketchup, brown sugar, salt n pepper and Lee & Perrins worstershire sauce.
Ketchup? No way. Dems only valid complaint against Trump was he put ketchup on his steak.

Forum List

Back