Back on topic--Fox news host calls for moore to step down

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Fox news host calls for Moore to step down':

Fox News host: Roy Moore should 'do the decent thing' and 'step down'

Fox News host Jesse Watters responded to allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) on Thursday, calling them “disgusting.”

"If these allegations are true, I feel horrible for these women,” Watters said on Fox News's "The Five." "It’s disgusting. Even just the allegation itself. It’s not just one person, it’s multiple people."

Watters, who also hosts "Watters' World," then called on Moore to “do the decent thing” and “step down” from the Alabama Senate race.

Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election:

Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election

"Republicans are exploring ways to get embattled Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore’s name off the ballot, including floating the possibility of changing the date of next month’s special election in the wake of years-old allegations of sexual misconduct against Moore.

Some party members are reportedly considering getting Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) to move the date of the Dec. 12 special election to early next year, according to The New York Times. Based on Alabama law, it’s too late to remove Moore’s name from the ballot this close to Election Day."

Pence: Moore allegations ‘disturbing’

Vice President Pence on Thursday called new allegations that Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore had sexual encounters with teenage girls "disturbing," adding that if they are true, it would be grounds to disqualify Moore from the race.

Pence's press secretary Alyssa Farah told reporters Thursday that Pence, "found the allegations in the story disturbing and believes, if true, this would disqualify anyone from serving in office."

Fox News host Jesse Watters responded to allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) on Thursday, calling them “disgusting.”

"If these allegations are true, I feel horrible for these women,” Watters said on Fox News's "The Five." "It’s disgusting. Even just the allegation itself. It’s not just one person, it’s multiple people."

Watters, who also hosts "Watters' World," then called on Moore to “do the decent thing” and “step down” from the Alabama Senate race.
You probably can't read, but note the first word in the highlighted sentence.

Watters, however, is part of the problem these days. He is willing to destroy people on nothing more than an unsubstantiated accusation from a questionable source..

Why do you dismiss the qualifiers "if true" in the those statements?

I am betting that there is no definitive way to prove the allegations are true, but there stands a good chance that they will be proven false.

I have already seen on this board the possibility that the woman may have lied about her age at the time of the alleged incident.

Watters, however, is part of the problem these days. He is willing to destroy people on nothing more than an unsubstantiated accusation from a questionable source..

Not only can i read..but I'm capable of reading an entire sentence..without snipping it to make a false point.

“The whole cloud, the whole stench around this guy, I don’t see how he can represent Alabama in the U.S. Senate,” Watters said. “Politics is a dirty business. Innocent until proven guilty. But this doesn’t seem like that to me. I’m just not getting that feeling. I think he should step down. Do the decent thing.”

Of course, you probably didn't get all that..being in such a rush to get you bogus quote out..

Not only can i read..but I'm capable of reading an entire sentence..without snipping it to make a false point.

“The whole cloud, the whole stench around this guy, I don’t see how he can represent Alabama in the U.S. Senate,” Watters said. “Politics is a dirty business. Innocent until proven guilty. But this doesn’t seem like that to me. I’m just not getting that feeling. I think he should step down. Do the decent thing.”

Of course, you probably didn't get all that..being in such a rush to get you bogus quote out..
What does the word 'if' mean to you in this context?

Watters is wrong to call for him to step down on the basis of unsubstantiated allegations.

I am betting that there is no definitive way to prove the allegations are true, but there stands a good chance that they will be proven false.

I have already seen on this board the possibility that the woman may have lied about her age at the time of the alleged incident.

I, in fact, do not dismiss them..my point here..is that it is not the left calling for Moore to step down..it's his own party. Care to comment?

Watters is wrong to call for him to step down on the basis of unsubstantiated allegations.
If..in this case prefaced her expressions of sympathy..when she went on..and if you had seen the interview, it's clear..to call for Moore to step down..period.

If..in this case prefaced her expressions of sympathy..when she went on..and if you had seen the interview, it's clear..to call for Moore to step down..period.
I see. You are illiterate.

Watters is wrong to treat an unsubstantiated claim as if it were an actual crime.

Have a nice night.

Why do you dismiss the fact that Watters said the allegation itself alone is disgusting? You also dismissed this part: "It’s not just one person, it’s multiple people.""

I see. You are illiterate.

Watters is wrong to treat an unsubstantiated claim as if it were an actual crime.

Have a nice night.
***chuckles** If...you think that somehow saves your ignorant face...but those who know, know.

You also,,,enjoy the evening..I love it when the right eats its own..its sweet to me...although..i also like it when the left eats its own---ahh well.

I, in fact, do not dismiss them..my point here..is that it is not the left calling for Moore to step down..it's his own party. Care to comment?

They are calling for him to step down IF the allegations are true. This is straight out of the Clinton playbook for the politics of personal destruction.

Now, care to comment on why you are aiding and abetting liars?

Moore digs in amid mounting GOP criticism

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC), the Senate GOP’s campaign arm, has so far made the biggest move to cut ties with Moore since the allegations dropped. The NRSC removed its name from a joint fundraising committee with the candidate, the Republican National Committee and the Alabama Republican Party.

Moore’s position worsened Friday after the release of a poll by Decision Desk and Opinion-Savvy that found Moore tied with Democrat Doug Jones in the wake of the accusations. Prior to the allegations, Moore, a former state Supreme Court chief justice, had been the favorite to win the Dec. 12 special election. The poll, the first released since the allegations were published, raised the prospect of Moore costing the GOP a Senate seat in a heavily Republican state.

Moore has refused to leave the race. But even if he did, or was forced out, state law prohibits candidates from removing their names from the ballot this soon before Election Day. That would mean Republicans would be virtually gifting a deep-red Senate seat to Democrats for at least two years, a stunning development that would further imperil the Republican legislative agenda.

But if Moore stays in the race and wins, his status as a high-profile member of the party could do lasting damage to the Republican brand as the pivotal 2018 midterms approach.

“I don’t think there is a good option. Judge Moore is not good enough to stand by right now. The vote is not worth it,” one former high-level GOP aide told The Hill.

“This is not someone you want to align with regardless — he’d be an albatross, whether this could be proven or not.”

Who is this "her" you are talking about?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think Jessie Watters is a female?

What interview are you talking about? The one you obviously did not watch?

They are calling for him to step down IF the allegations are true. This is straight out of the Clinton playbook for the politics of personal destruction.

Now, care to comment on why you are aiding and abetting liars?

Well...as much as the allegations cannot be proven, at present..they also cannot be unproven..so the whole 'liar' thing is apparently a matter of opinion.

Again, While I note your invoking of the Magic 'Clinton' mantra--it is the REPUBLICAN party that is howling for blood.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back