Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds

The official response from the Bachmann camp:

"Medicaid is a valuable form of insurance for many Americans and it would be discriminatory not to accept Medicaid as a form of payment," Bachmann spokeswoman Alice Stewart told CNN. "As a state-sponsored counseling service, Bachmann and Associates has a responsibility to provide Medicaid and medical assistance, regardless of a patients financial situation."

My question is, what does 'state sponsored' mean, exactly?

Most mental health facilities get licensed and approved by the State.

Carby Knows this...

Their Attempt at Lynching another Conservative Woman is Failing... Again.

While Obama Lies about giving Awards to Dead People... :thup:

:)

peace...

seems bachman has more trouble than stealing petty's music

While Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., has forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the "welfare rolls," the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005, according to new figures obtained by NBC News.

blah blah blah

"She's giving hypocrisy a bad name," said Ron Pollock, executive director of Families USA, a consumer health care advocacy group, when asked about the Medicaid payments to Bachmann & Associates. "It's clear when it feathers her nest she's happy for Medicaid expenditures. But people that really need it — folks with disabilities and seniors — she's turning their backs on them."

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

It would be helpful to know what those 'forcefully denouncing' statements against Medicaid were? They should be included in context to make more sense of the op, otherwise, big deal? Find one clinic or doctor's office in the US who hasn't accepted Medicaid payments?

You are missing the piont...just like Weiner....

SHE LIED! SHE FUCKING LIED. Do you not get it. She said she didnt recieve any money. SHE FUCKING LIED.

Shhhhh.... Seriously...Trust me on this... don't make it an issue. I WANT her to win the Nomination.

Imagine the headline if the mental health clinic did NOT accept Medicaid patients "Why do the Bachman's Hate the Poor?"

Newsflash: Many mental patients and substance abusers don't have jobs.

"Medicaid is a valuable form of insurance for many Americans and it would be discriminatory not to accept Medicaid as a form of payment," Bachmann spokeswoman Alice Stewart told CNN. "As a state-sponsored counseling service, Bachmann and Associates has a responsibility to provide Medicaid and medical assistance, regardless of a patients financial situation."

Most mental health facilities get licensed and approved by the State.

That isn't really what 'sponsored' means.

So the Bachmanns choose to operate a business that is directly intertwined with the Medicaid program,

while at the same time Bachmann rails against Medicaid as a program that contributes to increases in the welfare rolls?

That's puzzling to say the least.

Why wouldn't Michele Bachmann's position simply be,

our business provides valuable medical services to those in need and we are happy to have a government program like Medicaid in place that allows many to take advantage of our valuable services, people who without Medicaid would not be able to afford to do so...

Imagine the headline if the mental health clinic did NOT accept Medicaid patients "Why do the Bachman's Hate the Poor?"

So you're saying Medicaid or comparable public assistance is a good thing. Bachmann is saying it's a bad thing.

That's the controversy here.

So you're saying Medicaid or comparable public assistance is a good thing. Bachmann is saying it's a bad thing.

That is not the controversy here.......lol...and you know it.
Or maybe you have pooor reading comprehension skills...
Nah...you are quite articulate...so that cant be it.
Yep.....you know dam well that is not the controvery here.
You are quite transparent.

newbie the fact that she condemns this type of thing for everyone else...does put her in a bad light now doesnt it......again we have the do as i say not as i do mentality.....that is rampant among all politicians.....how much longer will the american people allow partisan mal to blind them to what is going on?

Hi!...

As for taking the Funds... What was her Husband supposed to do?...

Turn away the Patients?...

The Law is what the Law is...

Wanting to Change while NOT Denying those who are Afforded it is not Inconsistent...

Not to Mention, it's her Husband, NOT her.

Is her Husband Running as VP?
Nahhhhhh.....he's into the.....

...re-programming business.

Again, there’s nothing wrong with Bachmann's husband getting $137,000 in Medicaid funds, perfectly appropriate and legal. The problem is the hypocrisy.

Except it isn't hypocrisy.

If the fucking money is going to get spent anyway, then taking some of it amounts to taking a small rebate back on all the taxes you pay. NOT taking it would be economically foolish.

One CAN oppose excessive government spending on PRINCIPLE yet still accept some of the direct benefits of that spending until one is in a position to terminate the willingness of government to spend and spend and spend. If one is in a position to END it but declines to do so (while mouthing off against it), THEN and only then could one be fairly and accurately labeled a hypocrite.

Well== the Federal Government has always had an insatiable appetite to expand and control--and this administration has made it very clear that is what their intent is.

Now when someone can tell me--how we're going to come up with 14.3 trillion dollars with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilites--because babyboomers are now entering social security/medicare--then maybe I'll look at 137K a little more seriously--LOL

View attachment 13930

1 billion dollars

View attachment 13931

1 trillion dollars--we only need 73 of these--LOL

which results in this

View attachment 13932

Here's what you get back after they're done.
How to compost a trillion dollars. Mmmm MM!

seems bachman has more trouble than stealing petty's music

While Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., has forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the "welfare rolls," the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005, according to new figures obtained by NBC News.

blah blah blah

"She's giving hypocrisy a bad name," said Ron Pollock, executive director of Families USA, a consumer health care advocacy group, when asked about the Medicaid payments to Bachmann & Associates. "It's clear when it feathers her nest she's happy for Medicaid expenditures. But people that really need it — folks with disabilities and seniors — she's turning their backs on them."

Bachmann's husband got $137,000 in Medicaid funds - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

It would be helpful to know what those 'forcefully denouncing' statements against Medicaid were? They should be included in context to make more sense of the op, otherwise, big deal? Find one clinic or doctor's office in the US who hasn't accepted Medicaid payments?

SHE LIED! SHE FUCKING LIED. Do you not get it. She said she didnt recieve any money. SHE FUCKING LIED.
"It's clear when it feathers her nest she's happy for Medicaid expenditures.
I'm sorry. Did someone finally find actual proof they directly profited from this money, or is their statement that the OTHER therapists, staff and facility costs were paid with it? If proof has been found, link it or shut the fuck up about who lied. Right now the only liars I see are MSLSD, and the leftists in this thread trying to crucify her on a cross made by you for your own situational ethics.

Last edited:

I'm sorry. Did someone finally find actual proof they directly profited from this money, or is their statement that the OTHER therapists, staff and facility costs were paid with it? If proof has been found, link it or shut the fuck up about who lied. Right now the only liars I see are MSLSD, and the leftists in this thread trying to crucify her on a cross made by you for your own situational ethics.

If Medicaid payments went into their overall revenues, and if they made a net profit, then Medicaid payments contributed to their profits.

It's not that complicated.

Again, there’s nothing wrong with Bachmann's husband getting $137,000 in Medicaid funds, perfectly appropriate and legal. The problem is the hypocrisy.
Would this be the hypocrisy of you thinking it's a scandal because SHE'S married to a guy paying his employees/staff with federal money?

Or is it hypocrisy because you have no ethical reason, but only partisan politicking in which to be angry with her husband for doing good works with government money that you state is the purpose of government?

Or is it the hypocrisy of decrying a service provided by the government unconstitutionally, ends up in someone who is logically and ethically consistent in wanting to end a violation of the law even if, as you claim, she will be harmed by this action?

Which hypocrisy are you referring to.

If Medicaid payments went into their overall revenues, and if they made a net profit, then Medicaid payments contributed to their profits.

You, of course have actual proof of this to link to... right? Not just assumptions made on how their business work that you have no personal knowledge in?

That is not the controversy here.......lol...and you know it.
Or maybe you have pooor reading comprehension skills...
Nah...you are quite articulate...so that cant be it.
Yep.....you know dam well that is not the controvery here.
You are quite transparent.

Read the Bachmann response.

You, of course have actual proof of this to link to... right? Not just assumptions made on how their business work that you have no personal knowledge in?

Come on Fritzy. You gotta at least concede that. Your defense becomes farcical if you dont.

If you're the proprietor of a business that treats patients who are covered by Medicaid then you receive payments from Medicaid. What's disputable there?

Post 218.

All of us have walked into the office of a Medical Professional and the first thing we see is a list of "carriers" they accept.

What does this mean and how is it applicable?

Many, if not most medical professionals refuse to deal with a variety of carriers...for a vairety of reasons...slow to reimburse....low precentage of reimbursement.
It is not a hideden fact that Medicaid is the slowest to reimburse AND the lowest percentage paid (One of my clients gets 62% of what he bills)

Why do most if not all medical professionals/institutions accept medicaid? Simply becuase it is the right thing to do...to turn someone away becuase they are poor is not appropriate.

That being said....Bachmanns husband can easily replace medicaid patients with non medicaid patients and make more money doing so.

Therefore, he is NOT benefitting from it. He is actually making less money becuase of it.

Anyone who sees it otherwise simply wants to attack Bachmann and not look at the facts.

It measn it :

1) Meets the quality standards of the state
2) Is recommended by the state when applicable...i.e....a court orders counseling, it is on the list of where the counseling willbe accepted as valid by the court

I'm not sure what Bachman has said about Medicaid, but let's get real. You cannot blame ANYONE for taking advantage of entitlements or loopholes even if they are opposed. How many uber rich libs are taking advantage of the "Bush tax cuts"?

I have always been very vocal about my opposition to the NJ Homestead Rebate Program. It's a sham. But if Gov. Christie wants to mail me a check for $500, I'd be pretty fucking stupid not to cash it.

I have always been opposed to full athletic scholarships for stupid sports like twirling. But if some school offered my kid a boat load of money for throwing a stick in the air, I'd be pretty fucking stupid not to take it.

See how that works?

I'm not sure what Bachman has said about Medicaid, but let's get real. You cannot blame ANYONE for taking advantage of entitlements or loopholes even if they are opposed. How many uber rich libs are taking advantage of the "Bush tax cuts"?

I have always been very vocal about my opposition to the NJ Homestead Rebate Program. It's a sham. But if Gov. Christie wants to mail me a check for $500, I'd be pretty fucking stupid not to cash it.

I have always been opposed to full athletic scholarships for stupid sports like twirling. But if some school offered my kid a boat load of money for throwing a stick in the air, I'd be pretty fucking stupid not to take it.

See how that works?

Would you operate an abortion clinic if you were anti-abortion?

Forum List

Back