Bachmann, Perry lie a LOT

It's seems the reason Bachmann wouldn't look Perry in the eye when she was making her outrageous claims is because she was lying.

On the Tonight Show with Jay Leno she backtracked on her claims saying it was all about Crony Capitalism instead of a public safety issue like she implied.

Here's the video of the exchange:

Jay Leno Grills Michele Bachmann About Texas HPV Vaccine Issue | NewsBusters.org

Michele Bachmann HPV: More Factual Gaffes Than Any Other Republican Candidate - International Business Times

But does that matter? Does anybody care if your candidate has an overwhelming tendency to lie?

In my estimation, if they're lying about eff-all everything else, then their campaign promises are probably meaningless. And before you go getting all RWNJ on me, check Obama's record.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

By comparison,

Of the 35 Bachmann statements that PolitiFact.com had vetted as of Friday, only 14 percent were rated true or mostly true. Nine percent were rated "half true," and 77 percent -- more than three-quarters -- were rated mostly false, false or "pants on fire," a category reserved for assertions that are not only inaccurate but "ridiculous," according to the editors of the Web site.

Rick Perry scored better than Bachmann, but still very poorly. PolitiFact.com vetted 81 statements by the Texas governor and found that 23 percent were true or mostly true, 27 percent were "half true," and 49 percent were mostly false, false or "pants on fire." Mitt Romney (48 percent true, 35 percent false) and Ron Paul (55 percent true, 23 percent false) had more respectable numbers, though by no means excellent.

Bachmann blames long hours on the campaign trail -- "When you speak six times a day, slip-ups can occur," she said in August -- but even among her peers, she stands out. A 77 percent inaccuracy rating is nothing short of appalling.

Never seems to bother you that Obama lies a lot. Why does it bother you that it does not bother others that Bachmann and Perry lie?

Too funny. I post the thread, find this article.

Michele Bachmann Errors | Bachmann HPV | Video | Mediaite

Ron Carey had this to say;

Well, Michele is very impulsive from a personality standpoint and, to her credit, she reads an awful lot of information, but sometimes I’m afraid that she reads maybe 80 or 90 percent and leaves out or forgets the ten or 20 percent that can change the outcome, so her impulsive nature coupled with the fact that she sometimes doesn’t digest information as carefully as she should leads to these kinds of impulsive statements that sometimes are just off the mark enough that it makes her into more of a provocative, controversial figure.
He continued:

One of the challenges I’ve found with working with Michele, and it’s consistent with other people who have worked with her, is the fact that she doesn’t use her staff well. She’s pretty much independent and does her own research. She’ll be out there on the stump, preparing her remarks and speaking off the cuff with no staff intervention or involvement whatsoever, so it’s really difficult to prep her and help her kind of back-check before she goes out speaking because she will be out there speaking and you’ll say, “Where did this come from?” and it’s something that she maybe heard on TV.
Oh, yeah; that's what we need. An impulsive CIC who doesn't bother with all the facts.

That is what we have.

Michele Bachmann HPV: More Factual Gaffes Than Any Other Republican Candidate - International Business Times

But does that matter? Does anybody care if your candidate has an overwhelming tendency to lie?

In my estimation, if they're lying about eff-all everything else, then their campaign promises are probably meaningless. And before you go getting all RWNJ on me, check Obama's record.

When did Obama voters suddenly become concerned about honesty?

No shit

Wow...the defense to them two beingliars is...obama this or dems that or worse, so what.

Wow.

Here is the thing. We are so going to kick your collective asses in 2012 and there is nothing you can do about it.

Neener neener...lol

No one is defending anyone, we are marveling that the OP has a problem with lies from one side, and ignores them from the other.

Kinda like you.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

By comparison,

Of the 35 Bachmann statements that PolitiFact.com had vetted as of Friday, only 14 percent were rated true or mostly true. Nine percent were rated "half true," and 77 percent -- more than three-quarters -- were rated mostly false, false or "pants on fire," a category reserved for assertions that are not only inaccurate but "ridiculous," according to the editors of the Web site.

Rick Perry scored better than Bachmann, but still very poorly. PolitiFact.com vetted 81 statements by the Texas governor and found that 23 percent were true or mostly true, 27 percent were "half true," and 49 percent were mostly false, false or "pants on fire." Mitt Romney (48 percent true, 35 percent false) and Ron Paul (55 percent true, 23 percent false) had more respectable numbers, though by no means excellent.

Bachmann blames long hours on the campaign trail -- "When you speak six times a day, slip-ups can occur," she said in August -- but even among her peers, she stands out. A 77 percent inaccuracy rating is nothing short of appalling.

Do you not remember the thread I started about Bachmanns lies on this subject? I clearly cared enough to say she isn't trust worthy in my eyes.

You even came in the thread and said that they all do it and I was foolish to single her out. Now you post this? Partisan much?

Did that make sense to you?? I was saying they all do. Now we're talking degrees. If I were partisan, I would have kept my mouth shut, because I don't like Bachmann, for a great many reasons.

So how do I become partisan when we BOTH are referring to Bachmann lying more than anybody else?

Careful what you say everyone
We don't need another BBoob-job meltdown.
The poor thing is unstable enough as it is.

By comparison,

Yeah no matter who you are--if you are engaging in public speaking--(on the campaign trail) 12 to 14 hours a day--there is NO ONE ALIVE--that isn't going to make Gaffs.

You know like--"I have campaigned in all 57 states"--Barack Obama--:lol: And Obama has even a much worse record of half-truths--because- NOTHINGhe has said so far is even 1/2 TRUE.

Last edited:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

By comparison,

Do you not remember the thread I started about Bachmanns lies on this subject? I clearly cared enough to say she isn't trust worthy in my eyes.

You even came in the thread and said that they all do it and I was foolish to single her out. Now you post this? Partisan much?

Did that make sense to you?? I was saying they all do. Now we're talking degrees. If I were partisan, I would have kept my mouth shut, because I don't like Bachmann, for a great many reasons.

So how do I become partisan when we BOTH are referring to Bachmann lying more than anybody else?

Because you ignore or excuse Obamas gaffs, lies and other similar bs.

This list of Obama "lies" has serious and obvious methodological errors:
1) Many of the links have broken, or link to sites that are inauthoritative or don't contain the information cited. Many of the links simply do not contain any information to suggest that the statement is factually incorrect.
2) The "lies" aren't explained: For example "I won Michigan" is listed without context. Obama lost the Michigan primaries, but won the state in the general.
3) Some of the "lies" are factually true, or at least debatable. For example, "I won Nevada" is listed as a lie, presumably because more people voted for Clinton than Obama in the Nevada primaries. However, Nevada awards some of its delegates in caucuses, so Obama won did win the state, taking 14 delegates to Clinton's 11.
4) A lie is a deliberate deception. Some of the "lies" could not possibly have been intended as deceptions (including that old chestnut, "57 states").

Politifact has 94 Obama statements it rates as "Mostly False" or worse. I don't know why one would use that other website instead.

Returning to the original question, (does anyone care if a candidate has an overwhelming tendency to lie?) I think it can actually favor a candidate. Romney gets low marks in polls due to a perceived dishonesty, but it's really a dishonesty about his own positions that upsets people. Romney gets much better scores on Politifact for his factual statements than do Perry or Bachmann.

Making clearly factually incorrect statements can actually help a candidate, particularly in a primary, when there is more incentive to stake out an extreme position. If you oppose a government program to address global warming who are you going to support-- a candidate who says he opposes such legislation but concedes that anthropogenic global warming is real, or one who insists that it is a liberal fantasy? Even if you believe the first candidate's factual statements, you might support the second because of her greater demonstrated commitment to opposing legislation you oppose. This is especially true if you think she is deliberately lying-- she knows the facts but refuses to concede them publicly.

Of course, making demonstrably counterfactual statements can end up hurting a candidate, particularly in the general election. Whether it's knowing the names of some world leaders or knowing whether there was Soviet domination of Eastern Europe, voters do prefer that their Presidents have some command of the facts.

This list of Obama "lies" has serious and obvious methodological errors:
1) Many of the links have broken, or link to sites that are inauthoritative or don't contain the information cited. Many of the links simply do not contain any information to suggest that the statement is factually incorrect.
2) The "lies" aren't explained: For example "I won Michigan" is listed without context. Obama lost the Michigan primaries, but won the state in the general.
3) Some of the "lies" are factually true, or at least debatable. For example, "I won Nevada" is listed as a lie, presumably because more people voted for Clinton than Obama in the Nevada primaries. However, Nevada awards some of its delegates in caucuses, so Obama won did win the state, taking 14 delegates to Clinton's 11.
4) A lie is a deliberate deception. Some of the "lies" could not possibly have been intended as deceptions (including that old chestnut, "57 states").

Politifact has 94 Obama statements it rates as "Mostly False" or worse. I don't know why one would use that other website instead.

Returning to the original question, (does anyone care if a candidate has an overwhelming tendency to lie?) I think it can actually favor a candidate. Romney gets low marks in polls due to a perceived dishonesty, but it's really a dishonesty about his own positions that upsets people. Romney gets much better scores on Politifact for his factual statements than do Perry or Bachmann.

Making clearly factually incorrect statements can actually help a candidate, particularly in a primary, when there is more incentive to stake out an extreme position. If you oppose a government program to address global warming who are you going to support-- a candidate who says he opposes such legislation but concedes that anthropogenic global warming is real, or one who insists that it is a liberal fantasy? Even if you believe the first candidate's factual statements, you might support the second because of her greater demonstrated commitment to opposing legislation you oppose. This is especially true if you think she is deliberately lying-- she knows the facts but refuses to concede them publicly.

Of course, making demonstrably counterfactual statements can end up hurting a candidate, particularly in the general election. Whether it's knowing the names of some world leaders or knowing whether there was Soviet domination of Eastern Europe, voters do prefer that their Presidents have some command of the facts.

There has been no President in our history that can compare to Barack Obama in the department of lies--distortions and half truths. Every single day this week--we have another scandle involving the corrupt ways of this President and his administration.

$smallpromoobama_s_promises.jpg

List of Lies

List of Obama's Lies | Barack Obama Lies

Never seems to bother you that Obama lies a lot.

Why would anyone post a list of Obama’s ‘lies’ or mention them in a thread about Bachmann and Perry lying unless to deflect, as such a post is otherwise off-topic and idiotic.

There has been no President in our history that can compare to Barack Obama in the department of lies--distortions and half truths. Every single day this week--we have another scandle involving the corrupt ways of this President and his administration.
Again, this has nothing to do with the thread topic, in addition to providing no evidence in support.

Your response to the accusation of Bachmann and Perry lying is that the ‘other side’ is just as bad is also idiotic.

Wow...the defense to them two beingliars is...obama this or dems that or worse, so what.

Wow.

Here is the thing. We are so going to kick your collective asses in 2012 and there is nothing you can do about it.

Neener neener...lol

:razz::tongue::razz::tongue::razz::tongue::razz:

Didnt seem to bother Democrats when they elected Obama. The primary should prove interesting.

Why don't you people just address the post??? Stop always turning it around to discuss the Dems. If you want to discuss that you think they lie, start another thread. That's not what this one is about.

Didnt seem to bother Democrats when they elected Obama. The primary should prove interesting.

Why don't you people just address the post??? Stop always turning it around to discuss the Dems. If you want to discuss that you think they lie, start another thread. That's not what this one is about.

Why? Since when is coloring within the lines important to you? :lol:

By comparison,

obama lies. A LOT, so?

and for the record her remark was stupid, and shes on a trajectory to no where....go focus on palin...:LOL:

Last edited:

They can't. It's some sort of mental disconnect.

They can't. It's some sort of mental disconnect.

Commenting on Hypocrisy is not a Mental Disconnect.

I did address the post. It didnt bother the Democrats. We will have to play wait and see in the repub primary.

I did address the post. It didnt bother the Democrats. We will have to play wait and see in the repub primary.

True enough.

Forum List

Back