Baby Boy Names

Darlene

Silver Member
Jul 26, 2014
Missouri, United States
So, I found out yesterday (Aug. 26th) that I'm having (another) boy.
I'm stumped on names, although I do have some time left--considering I'm 18 weeks.
I do have one name in mind, which is Elijah. My first son's name is Malikai.
I would like a unique first and middle name that go well together.

Any suggestions?

Picking names for you is hard because we name our kids what is in our hearts and minds from our culture...you probably have different values...??

Picking names for you is hard because we name our kids what is in our hearts and minds from our culture...you probably have different values...??

I had the hardest time naming Malikai. I just wanted him to stand out and have a strong name and it fits his strong personality. Kai has always had a strong personality, even while I was pregnant with him.

Do you really want your kids to have a unique name or do you mean you want them to have a trendy name?

No one is naming their kids Cletus, Nimrod, Felix, Alvin, Phineas, Winston, Josiah, Caspar, Solomon, etc.

I prefer Cletus Nimrod. I guarantee you that no other kid in his class will have those two names.

Do you really want your kids to have a unique name or do you mean you want them to have a trendy name?

No one is naming their kids Cletus, Nimrod, Felix, Alvin, Phineas, Winston, Josiah, Caspar, Solomon, etc.

I prefer Cletus Nimrod. I guarantee you that no other kid in his class will have those two names.

I like the name Josiah.
When I say I'd like a unique name, I mean one that isn't used too often.
I've never met a Malikai (or Malachi).

I like the name Josiah.
When I say I'd like a unique name, I mean one that isn't used too often.
I've never met a Malikai (or Malachi).

Don't trust your instinct. Your instinct is informed by what sounds kind of cool today - Josiah has a very soft sound to it. Cletus and Nimrod are harder sounding and so they're going to be very rare. Maybe switch them around - Nimrod Cletus (last name)

Expecting my first in December. I'm pushing Seamus Liam. My wife likes Finnigan. And Quinn. And Evander (blech). Seamus Finnigan wouldn't be too bad. Or Finnigan Quinn.

Clyde has a nice ring. Some risk of him turning thug to live up to it or into a clod to live down to it and then there was the Hoover association. So maybe not.

I also like Seymour coupled with Ishmael. In either order. Hey, nobody but me is left alive who remembers Ish Kabibble.

Ishkabbiblebogue.jpg

So, I found out yesterday (Aug. 26th) that I'm having (another) boy.
I'm stumped on names, although I do have some time left--considering I'm 18 weeks.
I do have one name in mind, which is Elijah. My first son's name is Malikai.
I would like a unique first and middle name that go well together.

Any suggestions?
I love the name Elijah! You chose a great name, Darlene! Congratulations! I like David for a middle name. Of course Jehu would also be a terrific middle name for the first name Elijah.

Forum List

Back