B4u-act

Because I don't believe it. See how simple that is... Doctors and learned people all over the world can tell me that a child molester is not a pedophile and I'm still not going to believe it.... Some of us old dogs are just pig headed like that........

And if they were to molest one of my kids i wouldn't care what you called them, or what the law had to say....Me and they would have a private discussion about it.......

And the disease model can be seen here.

Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. and the treatment to. Worth a read. I feel it backs my assertion that they are irreparably broken humans that need to be removed from society.

We don't have a system of care for that anymore.

I know, and I agree that we need to have one, but I also feel we should stop making attempts to reintegrate broken people in among normal people. Especially where our children are involved. Treat them, put an ankle monitor on them for the rest of their lives after a lengthy prison term, and if it works, medication.

And the disease model can be seen here.

Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. and the treatment to. Worth a read. I feel it backs my assertion that they are irreparably broken humans that need to be removed from society.

I know, and I agree that we need to have one, but I also feel we should stop making attempts to reintegrate broken people in among normal people. Especially where our children are involved. Treat them, put an ankle monitor on them for the rest of their lives after a lengthy prison term, and if it works, medication.

If someone has offended, you're preaching to the choir. I am less willing to sentence people to prison for what amounts to thought crimes. In fact, those are the people I think we need to bring out of the shadows and help so they don't ever act on their impulses.

If someone has offended, you're preaching to the choir. I am less willing to sentence people to prison for what amounts to thought crimes. In fact, those are the people I think we need to bring out of the shadows and help so they don't ever act on their impulses.

Considering the stigma attached to the act, I would even go so far to say it would take sand to admit a person was having thees thoughts and reach out for treatment. It should be private.

Considering the stigma attached to the act, I would even go so far to say it would take sand to admit a person was having thees thoughts and reach out for treatment. It should be private.

That's the thing...by vilifying people for being pedophiles, and assuming that they are all child molesters, we don't make it more likely that they will seek out help, but we do make it more likely that they will commit a crime.

That's the thing...by vilifying people for being pedophiles, and assuming that they are all child molesters, we don't make it more likely that they will seek out help, but we do make it more likely that they will commit a crime.

If they seek help before, they offend, when they have thees urges, undergo treatment then keep it private. Its not like they dont know they are defective. Severely punishing first time offenders sends a message to potential offenders that its a better idea to seek help before the criminal system has to deal with it.

Two points. This lack of civility and reasonableness is Limbaugh's shtick. He operates in a world of talk that blames some satan for anything he doesn't understand or can accept on any level. His audience is the conspiratorial audience that believes that all things that are different have causes that are promoted by a particular satan. It is simply an up to date version of witches caused this, or some human sacrifice must be offered to the gods to bring rain. A stretch you say, think about it.

Second, like homosexuality, transvestites or transgender people I too cannot understand this. See the discussion here: ( http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...if-reality-re-transgender-26.html#post6487775 ) Paedophilia is just too out there. But imagine yourself possessed with it. See that word 'possessed,' interesting metaphor huh, goes back to paragraph one. Thought has boxes. As someone noted age is the stop. Whether we can know consent is more complex. My wife teaches middle school and the children today are so much more grown up biologically and even socially it amazes me. We were dumb kids much longer. As far as the site goes if it helps people with these desires control themselves all the better.

One final thought, I wonder how much Limbaugh cares about the exploitation of children in other countries (or even in America), countries in which girls and boys are treated in a manner we would consider abhorrent. If he really cares about the topic there's a place to help. Rush is good at pointing fingers at imaginary foes, let's see something real out of him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back