B4u-act

Here is exactly what I said:

Liberals have no choice but to support that it is normal and not a mental condition to be attracted to children.

Here's the rationale.

Liberals support that a man can be attracted to another man, and that that is normal and not a mental condition.

Ipso facto, it MUST be normal for a person to be attracted to children...because if it ISN'T normal, but a mental abnormality, then the same can be said for homosexuality.

Is it abnormal for a person to be attracted sexually to a minor?
Of course it is abnormal to be attracted to a child.

I agree.

Is is a mental illness to be attracted sexually to children?

I read the FAQ and mission statement. It could be my rabid bias against pedo's, and utter contempt and disrespect for any who would consider reforming pedo's or anything that comes close to sympathetic for them. It sounds bad, but if they could single out the gene that causes people to be pedophiles I would support terminating the fetus. As far as treating them before they act, I have come to learn that many act on there compulsions when they are quite young, and normally have several victims.

First off, I think pedophiles are born, not created. Given that, it's some kind of brain malfunction. It's common enough that it seems like we should eventually be able to find a way to control it genetically, but until that point in time, it's better for them to seek out help than to be isolated and offending.

Last edited:
How many years ago was homosexuality considered deviant and a mental illness? Is this the beginning of Pedophilia as being acceptable? Not in my book.........

I agree.

Is is a mental illness to be attracted sexually to children?

No one has argued it isn't.

So, if it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted sexually to a minor...is it equally possible for the sexual attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?

This thread is not about you and the people you wish to date, unless those people are children. If you'd like to talk about homosexuals, start a new thread.

Last edited:
Liberals have no choice but to support that it is normal and not a mental condition to be attracted to children.

Here's the rationale.

Liberals support that a man can be attracted to another man, and that that is normal and not a mental condition.

Ipso facto, it MUST be normal for a person to be attracted to children...because if it ISN'T normal, but a mental abnormality, then the same can be said for homosexuality.

Who cares if homosexuality is normal or not? Show me where I am legally constrained to only "normal" sex.

The only obligation is to have ONLY consensual sex. Gays can consent, as Ravi said , children can not. Case close.

Unless you think liberals are pushing for children to be given the right to consent, an altogether laughable proposition. I'm sure a few nuts are pushing for exactly that, but in the overall, no they aren't.

PS plenty of conservative gays and pedophiles out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many years ago was homosexuality considered deviant and a mental illness? Is this the beginning of Pedophilia as being acceptable? Not in my book.........

What about this thread has given you the impression that anyone posting here thinks pedophilia is acceptable?

What about this thread has given you the impression that anyone posting here thinks pedophilia is acceptable?

What about the questions are so difficult to answer?

From the first page of the thread:

Rush is treating pedophilia and child molestation as if they are the same thing. They aren't.

Pedophilia is a mental health condition where people are attracted to children of varying ages. Child molestation is acting on that attraction.

In other words, they are attempting to destigmatize the mental health condition in hopes of preventing people from acting on those impulses....making it possible for pedophiles to seek out help and resources to prevent them from committing a crime against a child.

I don't know why Rush Limbaugh would want to stigmatize something like that, except that it pushes on people's hot buttons and riles up the koolaid drinkers.

A pedophile isn't a criminal for being attracted to children. He/she is a criminal for acting on that attraction and molesting a child.

Do you see the difference?

Pedophilia is mental illness. it's a major defect in a person's wiring. We don't really know, at this point in time, why it happens, but it is likely a genetic defect. However, the issue isn't normalizing it, it's about making it acceptable for pedophiles to seek out help to deal with their attraction to children in hopes of preventing them from committing a crime against a child.

Last edited:

BTW if you followed the links in the thread that is almost the title of one of them.

With B4U-ACT, Pedophilia Takes a Step Toward Being Considered Normal
With B4U-ACT, Pedophilia Takes a Step Toward Being Considered Normal - Yahoo! News

So, if it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted to a minor...is it equally possible for the attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?

Homosexuality fails to meet the criteria of a mental illness.

By your definition, so does the attraction to minors.

The attraction hurts no one, it is acting on that attraction that causes harm.

But you have stipulated that to you, the ATTRACTION is a mental illness, one I agree with.

So again I pose the question:

If it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted to a minor...is it equally possible for the attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?​

BTW if you followed the links in the thread that is almost the title of one of them.

With B4U-ACT, Pedophilia Takes a Step Toward Being Considered Normal
With B4U-ACT, Pedophilia Takes a Step Toward Being Considered Normal - Yahoo! News

You've mistaken an opinion piece by a blogger as a valid news article:

By Sheryl Young | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Fri, Aug 26, 2011

So, if it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted to a minor...is it equally possible for the attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?

But you have stipulated that to you, the ATTRACTION is a mental illness, one I agree with.

If it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted to a minor...is it equally possible for the attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?​
No, it doesn't.

An attraction to children is harmful to the pedophile whether he acts on it or not.

So, if it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted sexually to a minor...is it equally possible for the sexual attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?
It's not a mental illness to be attracted to children. It's genetic
What is it? Nevermind, I see you edited your post.

Mental illness is often genetic

Last edited by a moderator:

The risk of harm from a pedophile acting on his/her attractions are considerably greater than that of a homosexual acting on his/hers, which is why we care about pedophilia.

Many sexual tics could be characterized as a type of mental illness or as fetishism. The reason we care about pedophilia is because when pedophiles act on their innate attractions, children are injured.

So, here's a clear rule of thumb for you: if you wish to obsess over women's pinky toes or obese women or wear your wife's dresses, the sky's the limit for you. Fly your freak flag high, but leave the children alone.

Forum List

Back