AUTOMATIC BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP And Comp. Immig. Reform.

If folks want a constitutional amendment, they best get busy working on it.
Don't need one.

The law is not going to change otherwise, and you are just wasting your breath.

I suggested an easy and correct way to do it. That you ignore it is your fault.
You are ignoring the fact that you are wasting your breath, and that is your patch. Get to work on an amendment.

AUTOMATIC BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP
And Comp. Immig. Reform.

Comp. Immig. Reform will deal with the 11.9 million already here with Amnesty and mandatory E-Verify with a penalty and the future wave of illegals, but how will it deal with the new wave of illegals entering on visas and having anchor babies eligible for all the benefits of welfare, food stamps, Medicaid and public housing but E-Verify prevents them from working? Will they be given green cards and put on a path to citizenship and family eligible for family re-unification? Business as usual. I am curious as to how the gang of 8 idiots plan to deal with that existing automatic birthright citizenship incentive problem that will continue to provide a new wave of illegals and their families. Answer is they can’t unless they deal directly with automatic birthright citizenship. :eek:

I must confess I don't agree with birthright citizenship.

- If an illegal alien sneaks in to the country, commiting a crime in doing so, has her baby they should both be deported. Not split up, or the child being sent to live with lawful relatives or other.

My reasoning is that criminals are not allowed to benefit from their crimes. If you rob a bank and get caught you have to give the money bank in addition to other punishments. And when you get out you can't make any money selling a book or movie rights about your crime. So given this aspect why isn't the same logic applied to all crimes? As with illegal entry into the country? It's turning illegal border crossings into a game of football, or maybe more precisely rugby. Where you run into the goal and slam the ball (baby) down. Baby's in the goal so it counts. Mom may have gotten tackled, but the ball inthe goal's all that matters.

Agreed and there is nothing in the 14th Amendment that grants them birthright citizenship. It has merely been a PC policy to do so. It needs to be re-visited by the Supreme Court for the correct interpretation and the intent at the time it was written.
So you expect Progressive Activism at SCOTUS to get the result you want.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

Comp. Immig. Reform will deal with the 11.9 million already here with Amnesty and mandatory E-Verify with a penalty and the future wave of illegals, but how will it deal with the new wave of illegals entering on visas and having anchor babies eligible for all the benefits of welfare, food stamps, Medicaid and public housing but E-Verify prevents them from working? Will they be given green cards and put on a path to citizenship and family eligible for family re-unification? Business as usual. I am curious as to how the gang of 8 idiots plan to deal with that existing automatic birthright citizenship incentive problem that will continue to provide a new wave of illegals and their families. Answer is they can’t unless they deal directly with automatic birthright citizenship. :eek:

- If an illegal alien sneaks in to the country, commiting a crime in doing so, has her baby they should both be deported. Not split up, or the child being sent to live with lawful relatives or other.

My reasoning is that criminals are not allowed to benefit from their crimes. If you rob a bank and get caught you have to give the money bank in addition to other punishments. And when you get out you can't make any money selling a book or movie rights about your crime. So given this aspect why isn't the same logic applied to all crimes? As with illegal entry into the country? It's turning illegal border crossings into a game of football, or maybe more precisely rugby. Where you run into the goal and slam the ball (baby) down. Baby's in the goal so it counts. Mom may have gotten tackled, but the ball inthe goal's all that matters.

Agreed and there is nothing in the 14th Amendment that grants them birthright citizenship. It has merely been a PC policy to do so. It needs to be re-visited by the Supreme Court for the correct interpretation and the intent at the time it was written.
You're right. Nothing in the 14th giving them citizenship except the first sentence guaranteeing birthright citizenship

Don't need one.

You are ignoring the fact that you are wasting your breath, and that is your patch. Get to work on an amendment.

Already have one, if used based on the intent, is already written.

Your suggestion sounds like lefties wanting MORE laws on immigration thinking the volume means compliance.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

Nothing- except of course the actual language of the 14th Amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside

Why would you expect the Supreme Court to suddenly accept your interpretation of the Constitution?

Don't need one.

Already have one, if used based on the intent, is already written.

Your suggestion sounds like lefties wanting MORE laws on immigration thinking the volume means compliance.

Can't use your interpretation of 'intent' to ignore the actual language of the U.S. Constitution

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside

Already have one, if used based on the intent, is already written. Your suggestion sounds like lefties wanting MORE laws on immigration thinking the volume means compliance.
Typical mischaracterization from a far righty. We don't need more laws on gun control. And we won't change "birthright" citizenship, except by amendment, a total far right procedure, because sane America from the far left to the sensible right are satisfied with the 14th amendmen as is.

Already have one, if used based on the intent, is already written. Your suggestion sounds like lefties wanting MORE laws on immigration thinking the volume means compliance.
Typical mischaracterization from a far righty. We don't need more laws on gun control. And we won't change "birthright" citizenship, except by amendment, a total far right procedure, because sane America from the far left to the sensible right are satisfied with the 14th amendmen as is.

Meaning they basically accept what exist and scared of changes.

Nothing sane about rewarding someone due solely to the act of a crime.

Meaning they basically accept what exist and scared of changes.
Meaning we following the law and constitutional procedure.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

You're right. Nothing in the 14th giving them citizenship except the first sentence guaranteeing birthright citizenship

Nope! Their parents have to be subject our jurisdiction and they are not except for being able to prosecute them for breaking our laws they are subject to their homelands jurisdiction not ours.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

Nope! Their parents have to be subject our jurisdiction and they are not except for being able to prosecute them for breaking our laws they are subject to their homelands jurisdiction not ours.

Wrong

What color is the sky in your world?

If someone commits murder in the United States, they are subject to our jurisdiction, regardless if they are here legally or not.

This is why nobody takes you guys seriously.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

Lol. No. You're just completely wrong.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

The constitution provides that if you are born here, you are a citizen.

or should we have designation by blood or ethnicity? you know, like in nazi german or russia.

:rolleyes:

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

or should we have designation by blood or ethnicity? you know, like in nazi german or russia.

No, it doesn't! Its merely been a PC policy to grant babies born from illegal aliens our birthright citizenship. This nonsense needs to stop.

What color is the sky in your world?

If someone commits murder in the United States, they are subject to our jurisdiction, regardless if they are here legally or not.

This is why nobody takes you guys seriously.

Being subject to obeying our laws has nothing to do with birthright citizenship. The kids of illegal aliens are not subject to our full jurisdiction because their parents aren't. Thus the qualifier of "and" subject to our jurisdiction.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

No, it doesn't! ...p.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, oldgloryhole.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

No, it doesn't! Its merely been a PC policy to grant babies born from illegal aliens our birthright citizenship. This nonsense needs to stop.

no. it is what the amendment provides and the supreme court has held.

but thanks for your unsubstantiated opinion.

And Comp. Immig. Reform.

no. it is what the amendment provides and the supreme court has held.

but thanks for your unsubstantiated opinion.

Not an opinion. It is clear that the amendment does not grant birthright citizenship to kids of illegal aliens. The Supreme Court has never ruled on such a case.

Forum List

Back